I've been considering using the Help Hair Shake after my HT, which is scheduled for August. I'm not asking about your opinions of Dr. Larry Shapiro, who developed the product, as a surgeon, but rather whether anyone has used it and what their real experiences have been with the product.

Thanks.

Bill

I have not used it but have read about it. Sounds like a protein shake with the price marked up because it's being touted as a "hair help" shake. Clever marketing-- hope you are smarter than to fall for it...

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Does anyone know what exactly are the ingredients?

What exactly is the "shake" supposed to do or accomplish?

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hmmm..... a hair shake. I tried ordering one of those at Dairy Queen last week. What's in it?!? Ice, milk, frozen yogurt, minox, finasteride, saw palmetto in a blender?

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

You could probably do the same thing with a $15 tub of protein powder from Walmart.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I think it is very confusing, it seems like the doctor is alone in his theory of whey isolate (which he purports promotes hair-loss) vs. whey concentrate (which he says helps hair-grow). I to be honest want to believe in it, but if you think about it, protein is protein - you could get it from egg whites, meat, poultry or from his shake (and guess what he says, his shake only, lol). And then he posts his research merely on his own site and not in some printed journal. He has a patent 'pending' and not approved. Maybe others can chime in, as I would confess to not know much here, but other than that I do see that the product has very good quality ingredients and the price could itself justify as you wont be needing to separately eat all those needed vitamins.

Edited by cool525

Again, I have no idea if it will help or anything, and I just had my transplant by Dr. Glenn Charles, but what I do know is that no one has posted on here that they actually tried it and it didn't help. So, with that being said, I will gladly be the first to spend extra money if there is even a 1% chance that it could help. I will also post all the results weekly. I like to go by facts and not theories, especially when hair is on the line... :)

That would be great. I did take a look at ingredients, and seems to have all quality stuff - no sugar, no cheap artificial sweetners etc.

Again, I have no idea if it will help or anything, and I just had my transplant by Dr. Glenn Charles, but what I do know is that no one has posted on here that they actually tried it and it didn't help. So, with that being said, I will gladly be the first to spend extra money if there is even a 1% chance that it could help. I will also post all the results weekly. I like to go by facts and not theories, especially when hair is on the line... :)

• 1 year later...

Hi Bill,

I have been using the Help Hair Shake for about 5 months and have noticed my hair is thicker and I don't seem to lose as much especially when washing it. I also drink the shake after I've been working out. On top of all that it actually tasted better than a lot of other protein shakes I've tried. Hope this helps good luck :)

• 6 months later...

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am havIng my procedure done April 17, and was told from Dr. Cooley's office when I questioned the product's relationship with Dr. Shapiro in Fl:

Dr. Cooley will gladly answer questions about the help hair shake but no we are not affiliated. The shake has good science behind it and has nothing to do with Dr. Shapiros reputation or surgical skill. Thanks.

So I too would like to know more about it. Anyone else use it?

3840 FUT grafts + Acell/PRP with Dr. Jerry Cooley April 17, 2014

And, I'll admit it - I'm trying the Help Hair Shake in my smoothies

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174893-3-000-fut-my-visit-thursday-april-17-dr-cooley.html

Thanks Dr. Charles. It's interesting that a somewhat significant number of Dr.s have their name and photo on the website for it, offering their endorsement for the product. I would include a link but the moderator will simply remove it.

3840 FUT grafts + Acell/PRP with Dr. Jerry Cooley April 17, 2014

And, I'll admit it - I'm trying the Help Hair Shake in my smoothies

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174893-3-000-fut-my-visit-thursday-april-17-dr-cooley.html

• 6 months later...

Hey BetterDaysAhead, Just saw your post, I'm considering buying the Help Hair Whey Protein Shake...What's your take on it? Has it helped? How often do you take it?

It has been around for a while and has come up before. A lot of people don't realize that it has been optimized for stimulating hair growth in the pubic region and not for scalp hair, so unless you have had BHT from these regions it probably won't help that much for 'coverage'. That said, it is quite possible it could cause scalp hair to curl for this reason, and that can help with the illusion of density.