conceal a scar with SMP?

kambojnav,

Thanks for your reply. I don't know if it's that simple...? I've read where sometimes the scar area doesn't take to the new implants.

Can you recommend a physician in the Indiana or surrounding states that I could contact? Would you know what the cost would be? I guess that second question would depend on the size of my scar.;)

Thanks

Hi,

we have many clients who had scar after strip surgery.and as far as growth on scar is concerned we have done grafting even on cicatricial alopecia . (after the remission of disease )and results are encouraging ,i mean 88 out of 100 grafts did survive . and that is a good ratio . sorry i have no idea about indiana . we have our centre in chandigarh india . ..pl feel free for any further discussion.

Milena Lardi made a revolution in concealing scars with SMP. What a great Job. The only down side is the time commitment as we have to do it over again which will require us (International patients) to fly all the way there. I hope they would export their technique to the middle east. We do have HIS hair clinic but I wont trust their technique as I trust Melina Lardi's :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Davis91...Did? No, I will Do. My scar revision with Dr. Feriduni will be in July this summer 2013.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Milena Lardi made a revolution in concealing scars with SMP. What a great Job. The only down side is the time commitment as we have to do it over again which will require us (International patients) to fly all the way there. I hope they would export their technique to the middle east. We do have HIS hair clinic but I wont trust their technique as I trust Melina Lardi's :-)

I also think Milena does a great job with the scars but she'll admit that she cannot conceal all types of scars. She says the flat scars are the most ideal scars to conceal. If the scars are raised, it can be done but even after the smp treatment, the scar will still be raised. The indented scars cannot be treated at all. Milena normally does a "test" patch of the scar to make sure the ink will take properly.

As for the time commitment due to her ink being temporary, the permanent inks are not permanent either, especially in the scars.

Getting the scar flat, and I mean really flat so the contours are unnoticeable is the hardest thing IMO. The ink often just adds a shadow if the scar is indented.

One of my SMP scars looks like a faintly dark line, the other looks kinda waxy, perhaps due to a lack of texture?

The damn contours of the scar compared to the surrounding skin make it a real menace to deal with.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Melina uses temporary ink, whereas HIS Hair clinic performs SMP with permanent ink. From what I've read, Melina also uses a sort of "sweeping" technique when creating the pigmentation, which is supposed to create a more three-dimensional effect (maybe Janna can comment more about this).

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Melina uses temporary ink, whereas HIS Hair clinic performs SMP with permanent ink. From what I've read, Melina also uses a sort of "sweeping" technique when creating the pigmentation, which is supposed to create a more three-dimensional effect (maybe Janna can comment more about this).

I think you're right, when i've looked very closely at some of her work on the internet it looks like tiny hair strokes on some of the pics, where as i've seen the HIS in real life and even though it does look natural, it is just micro type dots.

Also looking at people that have had it done for quite a few years and obviously had touch ups........ if there hair is dark it kinda of looks like a grey shadow all over the scalp.

But i would say it wouldn't make you think it was tattooed just thick hair closely shaved like a 5 oclock shadow.

Anyone have any idea of smp prices for scarred areas from ML?