Dr. Gabel Patient - 4489 grafts, One session - One year result

This patient is one year out from receiving 4489 grafts in one session. He wanted to thicken the entire scalp, particularly the frontal and mid-scalp. He had severe alopecia of the frontal scalp, and mild to moderate alopecia of the mid-scalp and crown. We concentrated the grafts in the frontal half including the temples, but were able to place plenty of grafts to thicken up the posterior scalp.

He stated that the hairs started growing about 3 – 4 months following the procedure; recently, he has noticed that they are thickening up. Since he is only one year out, we expect continued growth and hope to report his two year results next year.

His immediate postoperative photos are seen in this previous post:

This patient is from out of town so the background is not the typical blue background taken in the office, but a brick background outside.

Steven Gabel, M.D.

Portland, Oregon

Frontal.jpg

frontaldown.jpg

top.jpg

right45.jpg

left.jpg

left45.jpg

fullleft.jpg

closeup2.jpg

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS, FISHRS

Diplomate, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery

Diplomate, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomate, American College of Surgeons

Gabel Hair Restoration Center

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Email Dr. Gabel directly at drgabel@gabelcenter.com

Dr. Gabel's Website

Dr. Steven Gabel is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Dr. Gabel,

Thank you for sharing this case. The work looks extremely natural, dense, and refined, and I think the dramatic transformation speaks for itself. This gentleman must be thrilled with the results! Nicely done.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Great result Dr. G. I think you are probably the most under rated doc on HTN. You have definitely come into your own as one of the top docs IMO and you are leading the way with "real time" documentation with your new month to month video, for which credit must be given to the patient as well.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Absolute class i love these types of full head rebuilds. Well done!

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

With that guy's donor hair, you had a great case all "tee-d" up for you, and then your temple and sideburn work really knocked it out of the park. Great job.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 2 weeks later...