My Hair Restoration Journey With Dr. Feller

Guest Ian512017155

At the managing publisher: ALLOWING THESE FORUMS TO CONTINE WITHOUT ALLOWING True/Dorin TO RESPOND IS UNFAIR TO THEM

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ian512017155

Lasty does the patient have any of his own or will take any more pictures. The results look very good from what I can see.

Ian512017155,

I have already said and have every intention of allowing True and Dorin to respond. In fact, I just got off the phone with Dr. True discussing this topic and thus, I expect they'll be responding shortly.

If indeed I do need to lock the topic due to senseless insults, I would unlock the topic for them to respond as it is their right.

Best wishes,

Bill

Amazing result and very natural. The hairline seems a little low but it appears that UncleJesse's hair loss has stabilized. Just curious UncleJesse, are you on Finasteride? Great work Dr. Feller.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Bill this imo has got way out of hand and is completely uneducational for learkers and readers i really feel that threads like these that turn into all out attacks upon others names and reputations should be completely edited from start to finish so that anyone looking back through the archives seeking knowledge doesn't think we're all a set of school kids!!

I've been reading these forums for many years but in this last year for some reason the atmosphere has completely changed from how it used to be i can understand people making a harsh comment now and again but threads like this that go back and forth attacking for 7 pages and completely ruining the point of the thread are pathetic and i must admit i my self since returning to posting this year have been dragged into numerous fights but was never involved in any before this year.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Guest Ian512017155

I agree also. I am fairly new here and sometimes I wonder why everyone is always attacking each other. Everyone should be working together because we all have the same problem which is hairloss, it should be us against hairloss instead of everyone fighting among each other.

For whatever reason it seems with any post related to DR. Feller is a hail storm waiting to happen. because their seems to be a lot of people that dont like him whatsoever, again I dont know why but thats my take on it. I talked to him several times via online and he seemed like a very nice man.

I have been asked to respond to a hair restoration result performed by me on an "Uncle Jesse777".

To date I have not been given the patient's true identity, nor have I been contacted by the patient with the concerns posted on the hairtransplantnetwork's multiple threads. I learned of the patient's final result and concerns only after it was posted on the network.

However, after seeing the pictures posted, I was able to go through my charts in an attempt to identify the patient, and I am now 99% certain of "Unclejesse777's" identity.

First of all I would like to thank "Unclejesse777" for selecting me as his surgeon for his first procedure and to apologize to him for the poor result and any inconvenience his result may have caused him.

What I can say about the case in an objective way is the resulted shape and density of the hair line did not develop as intended. Clearly the single hair grafts at the edge of the hair line did not produce growth.

The nurses and technicians who worked with me on the case were and still are veterans- three with greater than fifteen years experience each at our clinic, and a fourth with 8+ years.

Since the growth is lacking on both sides of the hair line and not just one localized side or spot, and I had four total people place, in a team of two at a time, I do not attribute this to a technician's technique or fatigue.

Although the procedure itself was unremarkable, the patient did not come in for his postoperative check the Monday after his Friday procedure.

At suture removal " unclejesse777" had more extensive scabbing than typical that had to removed in order to remove the sutures. Given the tenderness of the region and swelling, I started an oral antibiotic and continued the topical antibiotic ointment with follow up until resolution. As a consequence, although healed, the scar was larger than I typically produce.

"unclejesse777 " returned at a scheduled 4 month follow up. At which time there was not much to see in terms of development except a few hairs had just started to grow and the donor scar remained wider where the scabs had been debrided in his suture removal 4 months earlier.

"Unclejesse777" returned at his 8 month follow up at which time he inquired about a second treatment. We talked about potential treatment to the same area in the future of 1000+ grafts but I indicated we need to wait until complete development before I know how to proceed.

"Unclejesse777" left and said he would call us in the future. He did not express any concerns and I was expecting to see him return in 3-4 months, for his final result, but he never did despite our reminder contacts.

The next time I heard from "unclejesse777" was on the Hairtransplantnetwork.

Again I am truly sorry for the disappointing result "unclejesie777" received at my hands. I am disappointed in the results too, as they are not up to my standards, but I am glad you found what you were looking for.

Edited by Dr. Dorin
typo

Dr. Robert Dorin

Diplomate of ABHRS

True & Dorin Medical Group, PC

New York, NY 212 826 2525

Guest Ian512017155

I am glad unclejesse777 is happy with his end result. If I was him I would have worked more with Dr. Dorin and explaned to him about your results and your unhappiness before you went to Dr. Feller and before you posted your comments on here. I suppose its a expensive listen to learn or unclejesse777 has more monetary funds then he knows what do with, because I would have at least addressed these concerns with Dr. Dorin and told him Dr. Fellers opinion and maybe you could have worked out some kind of partial refund or such.

To be fair most people would of at least gone back and explained the situation to their dr but yes I agree he must have so much money he didnt need to bother, uncle were you thinking a fail is a fail so lets move on and get someone else because you were so disappointed with the result?

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Dr. Dorin,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to this topic. I am confident that you and your clinic is truly on the cutting edge of hair restoration and I know that your results are typically world class. Ultimately, even the best surgeons have less than optimal results. I'm sure had you and your patient discussed the final outcome, you would have stood behind him to help him get the results he deserves.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bonkerstonker,

This forum has grown exponentially over the last few years as has member involvement. With so many distinct personalities, I'm not overly surprised that conflicts will occasionally arise. But I do agree this particular topic had gone off the deep end. While we don't prohibit members from sharing their genuine opinions, even if they're of a skeptical nature and go against the vast majority, blatant insults, baiting and unfairly maligning physicians or other patients is in violation of our terms of service. I have already sent a few private messages to a few members with warnings. Now, I expect things to get back on track.

Like the world at large, there will always be dissenting opinions. But unlike several on this topic, I feel that the vast majority of threads and posts on this forum are educational and truly support hair loss sufferers seeking hair restoration solutions.

I hope now we can bring this topic back on track and provide the OP with the support and encouragement he deserves for an excellent result.

Best wishes,

Bill

Dr. Dorin, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your response on the forum. I would also like to say that I'm sorry that this particular subject blew up the way it did, spanning across 2 separate threads on here. I hope you can understand that that was never my intention. I was simply asked if I would speak about my experiences, and that is what I attempted to do. I've stated clearly numerous times that my posts were in no way meant as an attack on you in any way, or to try and discourage anyone from going to you. To put it simply, yes, I was disappointed in the results of our procedure together, so I decided to explore my options. When I spoke with Dr. Feller, I just thought he might be a better fit for me personally in achieving my restoration goals. I wasn't seeking compensation or anything, since I do realize that even though many hair transplants are largely successful, there are no guarantees. I think that is the reason I never returned to you. Again, that's nothing personal, I just felt that it was in my best interest to go with Dr. Feller. As I've mentioned in some of my previous posts, I have no ill feelings or bitterness towards you whatsoever. I'm not trying to put a blame on anyone, but i will say that I think because some of the posters on this forum became argumentative with each other that this whole thing got blown way out of proportion. If anything I've said has offended you, I apologize, as again, that was never my intention. I'm well aware of your high success rate with many other patients, and i wish you continued success and all the best in the future. Thank you again.

Great and honest response from Dr Dorin, I'd say, more forthcoming than I imagine many docs would be. My question is, had he come back to you and discussed in full detail (instead of turning to another doctor), how would you have remedied it? Would you do another surgery at the same cost? Lower cost?

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

Dr. Dorin,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Yes, the most important thing in all of this is that UncleJesse is happy with his hair. And looking at his most recent post-op pics he certainly should be.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Thanks Aaron. Oh, and to answer your question from before, no I'm not on Finasteride. Though I did experience a little hair loss, I guess I was one of the luckier ones in that I only experienced it in the hairline area. I've never had any thinning or anything on the crown or scalp, and the loss I did experience stabilized about 10 years ago. I've never tried Finasteride or Rogaine, or any of those meds, because to my understanding they typically don't work on the hairline.

UncleJesse,

I'm glad you're happy with your results, as you should be.

I firmly believe that this was an anomaly for Dr. Dorin, and is not typical of his work.

I have had 2 consults with him (coincidentally the second one was the day this thread started...yes, I did bring it up), and was very impressed with his results, attitude, thoroughness, and professionalism.

I have also been in contact with several of his patients who are not only very happy with their results, but also the professional manner in which they were taken care of.

I applaud Dr. Dorin's candid response. I look forward to seeing him next month, and I am fully confident that he will do an outstanding job for me.

Ian512017155- Thank you, I would have welcomed the opportunity, but I do understand unclejesse777's decision, and am glad he is happy.

Bill- You are welcome, and I thank you for your input.

Bonkerstonker- Yes, your point is well taken.

Unclejesse777- of course , no offense taken. Thank you for your understanding- I wish you well.

Multiplier- Thank you. I would have pursued a second procedure as previously proposed. I would have asked to be able to monitor unclejesse777 very frequently in the postop period to help insure proper healing more carefully than is typically required, and I would have done it at a substantially discounted price.

TC17- Thank you, I agree with your comment regarding unclejesse777.

Blake- Yes of course, you are welcome.

Arron- Agreed.

Salami- I thank you. Obviously by your description of when we met, I can place who you are. I look

forward to seeing you next month.

Dr. Robert Dorin

Diplomate of ABHRS

True & Dorin Medical Group, PC

New York, NY 212 826 2525

Dr Dorin imo the outcome was probably just one of those things that happens from time to time which is highly unfortunate for uncle and i feel for what he went through but i would like to add as a long term ht follower within forums with no real loyalty to anyone i have been noticing a lot of your results this year and have been extremely impressed.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Dr. Dorin, Thanks for taking the time to post an explanation. I had hoped all along that this was a case of poor growth rather than large grafts being used in the hairline. The latter just didn't make sense given your showing of such great results and solid reputation. Have you seen cases like this before where the single FUs didn't grow but the 2s and 3s did?

You mentioned unclejessie had excessive scabbing--is there any way this could have possibly effected his growth? I know my post-op instructions from Dr. Feller advised to be aggressive in removing scabs after three days and I have heard from other doctors that not cleaning the scabs well enough could be detrimental.

UncleJessie, were you careful to follow post-op directions? Did you do anything differently from surgery 1 to surgery 2?

Thanks again.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hairthere - Yes, I was extremely careful and followed all post-op instructions to a T. I believe the only thing that was different was that Dr. Feller's instructions said to return to a normal shower 4 days after surgery, and I believe Dr. Dorin's said 5 days. Also, I believe the excessive scabbing Dr. Dorin referred to was in the donor area. In fact I remember him telling me that when he removed the sutures. I don't think that would have effected the grafts. I'm not sure why the grafts didn't yield a great growth rate, but I guess it's just one of those things that unfortunately happens sometimes.

Dr. Feller advised to be aggressive in removing scabs after three days .

My god thats got to be too early for aggresive removing surely! Does Dr Feller still recommend that today? I was advised 5 days softly in the shower and found they were only just ready by day 6 when i was applying vitamin e oil they fell off nicely then.

For my fist ht in the uk i never removed the scabs at all as the dummies didn't give any post op instructions but they all grew in lol, i was so lucky with that first ht when i think about it.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Uncle did you remove you feller scabs aggresively after 3 days too?

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1