My Hair Restoration Journey With Dr. Feller

I dont think Spex is paid for his opinions , he represents Dr Feller and Lindsey and is quite open about this , so I think its a little harsh to hold the view that you do

Ej,

I'm sorry to inform you but Spex most certainly is paid for representing Dr. Feller. Just ask him or Dr. Feller, I'm sure they'll tell you as much.

Dr. Feller publically stated it on the HTN here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160114-spex-one-good.html

I don't know how much Spex earns for his consulting work for Dr. Feller, nor do I care. I do, however, think that this fact should be known to any prospective HT patient receiving services from Spex or any paid physician consultant.

For this reason, among many others, I cannot consider Spex a credible source of opinion. I've dealt with too many salesmen in my life. :(

Of course, this is my opinion. You should feel free to develop your own. By the way, thanks for staying positive. Why did you delete the jokes?

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corvettster ,

To Clarify... I stated, and stand by the fact that Spex Is not paid for his online time and `opinions` these he gives freely to the forums , the information he shares is free ! it is up to the prospective patient then to make his mind up on which Dr to choose for there procedure , i would assume if it was one of the Drs he represents then he would earn payment ,however many patients benefit from Spex`s input and years of experience and choose a Dr whom Spex does not represent , this is well documented in patient experiences

I would also assume that the opinion`s of Joetronic , Garageland, Lorenzo, Janna and other clinic reps also hold very little value to yourself, even though its factually correct to say they have helped hundreds of people over the years

regards

ej

Hey corvettester,

I have not really been involved with many topics throughout the forum with you, however I can see that most of the time your intentions are of good nature.

But...

You should honestly be thankful to have veterans such as Spex on forums like HTN, many of his misfortunes have become our tools of learning. Spex is quite open about his position with both Dr Feller and Lindsey, ask him yourself. He is not a salesman, in fact he loathes HT sales people. Spex has assisted my personal HT journey on many occasions, I have over 30 back and forth emails of detailed information to prove. I even went as far to book with Dr Feller to only cancel few months out and opt for Dr Rahal, Spex only wished me luck and advised my choice of Surgeon was still fantastic.

So...if Spex is a salesman as you are lead to believe, he did not do a very good job in this instance did he?

Cleary I was not pushed in an way during my consults via email. I'll give you a hint as to why, he is not a HT salesperson and has never claimed to be!

Your statements are being posted prior to any proper verification.

Would one not believe you are being paid by Dr Dorin to defend his reputation seeing that you are so adamant in regards to Uncle J posting new photos for some form of proof? It sure looks this way with the amount of bickering I read.

Now, I understand you are most likely not employed by said Doctor, my point is be mindful on the forum.

If you do indeed have a personal vendetta against Spex, Feller or whomever I would just stay away from their posts/topics.

Cheers,

Edited by MusoInOz

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Would one not believe you are being paid by Dr Dorin to defend his reputation seeing that you are so adamant in regards to Uncle J posting new photos for some form of proof? It sure looks this way with the amount of bickering I read.

Finally! Now you're thinking!

Corvettester

I would also assume that the opinion`s of Joetronic , Garageland, Lorenzo, Janna and other clinic reps also hold very little value to yourself, even though its factually correct to say they have helped hundreds of people over the years

Good point about the other consultants. However, I've never seen any of the above consultants accuse, berate, question, insult or belittle a poster for stating their personal experience. They would fall out of favor with me and a lot of others very quickly if they did.

I have, however, seen Spex do this to ANYONE who dares question his Dr. Feller's greatness!

To Clarify... I stated, and stand by the fact that Spex Is not paid for his online time and `opinions` these he gives freely to the forums , the information he shares is free ! it is up to the prospective patient then to make his mind up on which Dr to choose for there procedure , i would assume if it was one of the Drs he represents then he would earn payment ,however many patients benefit from Spex`s input and years of experience and choose a Dr whom Spex does not represent , this is well documented in patient experiences

As for the comments about Spex working for free, all I can say is that that is part of any salesman's job. You'd have to be pretty naive not understand why. It's called being the "go to" guy for prospective clients. I used to work in sales. I didn't last long, couldn't stomach it.

Anyway, gentlemen, that's it for me on this thread.

Corvettester

As for the comments about Spex working for free, all I can say is that that is part of any salesman's job. You'd have to be pretty naive not understand why. It's called being the "go to" guy for prospective clients.

Haha, are you a selective reader mate?

Spex has nothing to lose if any of us opt or not for Dr Feller/Dr Lindesy.

Sure he is a go to guy, for information. I have not received a bill as yet from him?

Certainly he will defend his represented clinics if slandered. I have seen on most occasions Spex will admit to a less than desirable result from former patients complaints however will resolve this quickly and also state that HT can often be hit and miss, which all of us are aware of. Read the pre surgical waiver for god sake it is all in there.

I have nothing against you buddy, I agree with some of what you posted, just don't fall into the HT conspiracy hole.

I am also done with this topic.

Cheers,

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Corvettester, there is no need to apologize for the Full House jokes, I was not offended by them at all. Whether or not you have a beef with Dr. Feller as some of the other posters have claimed, I don't know, but I'm not going to accuse you of having one. I will try my best to answer your questions as openly and honestly as I can.

First, the reason I haven't posted any private or personal pictures because unfortunately I don't have any. I never documented my progress with photos, as many other patients have. Now some of you may think that was stupid on my part, and perhaps it was, but it doesn't change the fact that I didn't do it. I don't know exactly why I didn't. I guess it's because I never actually expected to post anything on any of these forums. Though I have used the forums for guidance and read many reviews and patient experiences, I initially never planned on talking about my own. The reason that's changed now is because Dr. Feller asked me if I would share my experiences.

Dr. Feller has been extremely happy with my results, as have I, and he wanted them to be seen for two reasons. One, because they are probably exceptionally good results. Even some of his staff has told me my results are some of the best they've ever seen. And two, I think my case is somewhat unique, in the sense that I'm probably not your typical hair transplant patient. What I mean by that is that most people who decide to get a hair transplant have experienced substantially more hair loss than I did. Now I did experience a little, but I think 90-95% of the people on this planet would be happy with what I had before any surgeries, and the thought of a transplant probably wouldn't even enter their minds.

Most people that I've seen that have gone in for the procedure have been at least a Norwood 3, and they have different goals than me. Keep in mind as I've mentioned before, there is no history of baldness in my family, and I developed no other trouble areas other than some rescission in my hairline, which stabilized nearly 10 years ago. In addition to that, I had a very abundant donor supply, 10,000 plus from what I was told. Therefore I was able to concentrate solely on my hairline and have it packed very densely. Also, if you look at the pictures that have been posted, you'll notice that the hairline I designed is pretty low. Most patients would probably consider it to be too low for them. In fact, I have yet to see anyone post pictures of a hairline like mine. That's why I would say it's somewhat unique in that sense.

And that's why I think Dr. Feller wanted it to be seen as well, not solely because the results were terrific, even though they were. And I must say that I think that's pretty cool. Right now I'm sure there's somebody else out there who, like me, hasn't experienced a lot of hair loss, but is bothered by the amount he has experienced. And maybe that person is researching the forums like I did, trying to find results from a case similar to his own. So, if my case can help that person in any way, and give them an idea of how many grafts they might need and what can be accomplished if someone is a proper candidate, then I think that's great. I know when I was researching I didn't find any cases that were exactly like mine. I saw many different types of repair and restorations, but again they were on people who had experienced substantially more hair loss than I had. So in a sense, deciding to get the procedure done was a bit of a gamble, considering I had not seen anyone with the design and density I wanted.

That being said, like I told you earlier, unfortunately I did not document my journey with any pictures of my own. Any before and after pictures that were taken were done so by my doctors. So, because I had no pictures it was impossible for me to post any. That's why Dr. Feller had Spex take care of posting the pictures for me, which again I appreciate. And I can assure you that the pictures you see are an accurate representation of my progression.

As for my post appearing in more than one forum, it was explained to me that the experience and reviews section generates more traffic, so I was asked to post it again, so that more people could see it. And you're correct, with the exception of a few small tweaks and a different intro, it is basically a copy and paste. I just didn't see the need to rewrite the whole thing when essentially all I was doing was just giving more people an opportunity to read about my experiences.

Regarding your question about compensation, I assure you that I have not in any way whatsoever been compensated by either Dr. Feller or Spex. As I've said earlier, Dr. Feller was extremely pleased with my results and wanted to share them. When I said that was fine, he asked me if I would post on here and talk about my experience, which I also agreed to. And that was my intent with my original post, to share my experience as a whole, the good and the not so good.

And to address one thing you mentioned in one of your posts, I never complained about the scar I received from Dr. Dorin. All I said was that Dr. Feller told me he thought the scar had been made too high, and he explained to me why that could be a problem. As far as the scar itself goes, it really doesn't bother me in the least. I've never even noticed the slightest indication that it's even there.

My disappointment was in the hairline results. I just felt like not nearly enough grafts had been used, as the hairline wasn't made low or dense enough to give me what I wanted. When I decided to do a little more research before booking a second procedure I found Dr. Feller, and based on my previous experience at T&D, I just got the feeling Dr. Feller might be better suited for me personally.

Again, anything I posted was in no way meant as some kind of vendetta against Dr. Dorin or meant to insult him in any way. I'm not trying to tell people not to go to him or anything like that. I am well aware that Dr. Dorin has produced some really good work. In fact I've seen some of your pictures, and it looks like you've gotten some pretty nice results with him, and that's great, I'm happy for you. Unfortunately for me, my results didn't satisfy me. However, I'd like it to be known once again that none of my comments were intended as an attack on Dr. Dorin. I have no ill feelings towards him, and in fact I wish him well. It's like you said, no surgeon has a 100% positive track record. I know the majority of Dr. Dorin's patients have been very satisfied, and rightfully so. For whatever reason, I just happened to fall into the small percentage of those who came away a little disappointed, and Dr. Feller turned out to be a better choice for me.

Well, I hope this answered your questions and cleared up any confusion or misconceptions. Lastly, thank you for saying my hair looks like the real John Stamos'. I don't think you can get a better compliment than that when it comes to hair.

And thank you to everyone for your feedback. Best wishes and grow well everyone. Have Mercy! :)

I agree w/ Corvettester about his comments about SPEX. In the last year how many complaints have we seen by true and dorin? Not very many, one that I am aware of. However, Dr. Feller has no less than eight complaints within the last year that I read personally from patients not happy with their results, customer service and follow-ups. Instead of allowing these patients to voice their opinion, Spex and Dr. Feller insulted, mocked, belittled, bullied and threaten them lawsuits!

I assume that Dr. Feller is a good doctor; however, I would be scared to death to have him as my doctor. Because what would happen if I had a bad result and dared to voice my displeasure? I would be out tens of thousands of dollars and would be sued in the process.

Mr. Katsopolis,

Thank you for understanding where I was coming from with my questions. I'm glad that I didn't offend you.

It's too bad about the photos though, but I understand better now. Thank you for sharing your story. Your result is truly the "talk of the town" this week! Feller is correct in wanting you to share your result.

I think your story was very well written, fair and balanced. I think a lot of us younger, NW2/3 type of guys will experience similar feelings as you have because we want to stay young bucks for as long as possible and hair is important to that end. Thus, there is a very fine line between hair greed and just wanting a fitting, kick-ass result!

Also, I don't think your hairline is too low at all. I like low hairlines. I remember that you said something in your first post about how Brad Pitt, Clooney and Tom Cruise all had low hairlines and it looks great on them, even at their age. I couldn't agree more. If you got the donor supply to support it, then I'm all for it... 10k grafts, WTF! Lucky bastard!

As for the multis in the hairline, I don't know what to make of it. As I'm sure you guessed, it's almost sacrilege to do that in this day and age and I'm sure T&D feel the same way. Maybe it's what Bill said, that the singles in front of the multis didn't grow? I really don't know. Either way, it's moot now that you're happy. But still, it's a shame that we don't know what happened... I just mean for the sake of knowing! It's always good to know.

Oh, and just to clarify: you had 1,100 at T&D, followed by 2,100 with Feller and another 1,200 with Feller recently for a total of 4,400 grafts in the hairline. Is that correct? Damn, that's awesome!

Anyway, now I can totally understand why density and a young hairline is important for you and I couldn't agree more. I'll be going back for a second pass as well as I'm definitely interested in something close to what you have, except the fine, blonde version.... so watch out because it's a well known fact that Brad Pitt gets laid more than John Stamos! Have Mercy!

Corvettester

Corvettester,

In regards to patients being required to post photos, I think you responded to what I wrote before I went back and edited it only a few moments later. I've copied and pasted the relevant section of the final post below which should answer your question:

----

Patients aren't required to post their own photos whether they've had a good or bad experience. However, patients who complain about poor growth are required to let their physician post their photos and share their side of the story. If their physician doesn't have photos to share, then the patient may be required to present their photos to substantiate a specific claim.

----

Best wishes,

Bill

Guys,

It's hard to believe that this one experience and result has started so much controversy. But despite the dissenting opinions, please keep the conversation respectful. People are allowed to disagree and have distinct opinions, but there are ways of presenting them without blatantly insulting others.

I really don't want to have to lock this topic. Thus, I expect everyone's cooperation on the above.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill, i have been very supportive of your comments and decisions so far but sorry i goto disagree with u this time. There is no controversy, look, even the patient is finding it ridiculous at Corv's intervention. It was a very simple thread, only to get complicated because of Corv's totally unnecessary intervention. Moreover, Corv started the whole argument by, again, writing stuff which totally questioned Spex. I am not the only one who does not feel amused by his 'lame' jokes. I strongly suggest that unless there is an agenda at hand for discussion, that Corv be blocked from all threads related to Dr Feller. This is totally detrimental to the doc's reputation.

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Corvettester,

Some how I don't think that either one of them has ever had a problem getting laid. LOL. Let's face it, they're two of the best looking dudes ever, and both have awesome hair!

Glad that my last post helped to clarify everything. Boy, you weren't kidding when you said my result was the "talk of the town" this week! And thanks for the compliments on my results.

To answer your question, it was closer to 2200 the first time with Dr. Feller, so it's closer to 4500 total in the hairline region. I know that's quite a bit. You might not need quite as much to reach your goal though. Just something to keep in mind, my hair's natural texture is very thick, and I think that may have actually worked against me in one respect. What I mean is that because it is so thick, I think I may have needed more grafts to achieve the density I wanted.

From what I can see in your pictures, your hair appears to have a finer texture than mine, so, you might be able to reach your goal with a smaller number of grafts. I don't know what your goals are, but in my opinion, I think your hairline is in a good location now. I think it frames your face very nicely and is positioned just right. If I were you, I would just concentrate on adding a little more density to it. I would think another 1200-1500 would probably give you some really nice density. That's just an opinion though, as I'm not a doctor. Also, I guess it's too soon to say, seeing that the most recent pics I've seen of you are at the 6 month mark, which means you still have quite a bit of maturing to come.

Good luck on your journey. I'll have to check back with you some months down the line.

Thanks again to everyone for the feedback.

@ Corvettester - I agree 100 percent with you.

@ unclejesse777 – If you are happy, then we are all happy for you. Your results from these pictures look great! But I wish you would take a few pictures of your own.

@Spex - Your self-promotion is very annoying along with your comments that you use to attack other members. If this case was someone else posting no one but two different posts and client said that Dr. Feller placed the scar to high and used the wrong grafts, that person would be attacked, insulted, threaten with legal action and then the topic would be locked!

Just something to keep in mind, my hair's natural texture is very thick, and I think that may have actually worked against me in one respect. What I mean is that because it is so thick, I think I may have needed more grafts to achieve the density I wanted.

Uncle Jesse,

I always thought that people with thicker hair shafts needed less graft because the actual hairs do a lot of the camouflaging and that people with fine hair actually needed more? It's always the guys with thick, dark hair that consistently come out with the "wow!" results, in my opinion. I don't see to many fine haired blondies with outstanding result, (aaron1234 is one of the few exceptions). Hence, my expectations have always been very modest.

If I were you, I would just concentrate on adding a little more density to it. I would think another 1200-1500 would probably give you some really nice density

Your points are well taken.

I'm actually going for a minimum of 1,750, but hopefully closer to 2,000 grafts for my second pass... I don't want to risk having to go back for a third pass like you felt that you needed to do. Once was already too much... yikes! I just want this to be done already!

Corvettester

p.s. Stamos was married to Rebecca Romijn and we all know about the ladies of Pitt... Have Mercy!

its a shame that this thread has taken this turn . its also worring that any third partie observer ie someone new to the forum researching hairtransplants is subjected to this nonsense !

So I would advise anyone conducting research to use the search option of this site , it is quite clear Spex has helped many people and the negative comments towards him funnily enough come from the same people or new members who post a couple of comments and then dissapear ! its more than apparent this is ` agenda ` led .

Robert you state you are happy for the op but say you wish he would post some of his own pictures .... why ??? Isnt it enough for you that the author of this thread is happy with his result, indeed he says so several times !!! what does he have to do to convince you he is happy ,get on a plane and knock on your door and say to your face " guys I am happy "..

your agenda is quite clear to all , you just cannot accept this great result from Dr Feller and Spex`s involvement in posting the pictures as requested by the patient ! What is Spex supposed to do in the future , when a patient asks him to post his pictures on his behalf ?.. refuse to do so ?? .. I can see it now from Robert " Spex refuses to post pictures of a patient what has he got to hide ???? " as for the pr attacks and personal insults I must of missed them ! would you like to back your claims up with proof !! Ive seen this agenda a million times its a no win situation and is beneficial to no one

ej

i have been reading these threads most days for about 6 months now, from what i have read from others Spex is quite helpfull to anyone that asks for his help, while on the other hand CORV you hijack threads for your own amusment and IMO you come across as you think you just that bit better than every one, this thread did not need to go down this track but im sure it wont be the last

Corvettester, you know that most of the times I agree with you, especially when it comes to Dr. Feller attitude sometimes. But I wouldnt ever doubt Spex for his intentions and motives, he has been very helpful to everyone by giving advices and educating members even if it hasnt anything to do with Feller. He is a kind guy and very passionate and dedicated to hair transplants.

I cant hate or doubt Spex for just personally not favouring Dr. Feller. Spex in my eyes is one of the most understanding, helpful and brightest members in this network. I wouldnt blame him standing behind Feller because its his job after all.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I happen to know a bit about Spex and his life outside of this forum. I know for a fact he does not need the money Dr. Feller pays him for the work he does. The guy is actually quite well off thanks to his hard work in another, totally unrelated industry. In fact, Dr. Feller had to insist he start taking money for all the efforts he had made. He also was one of the people who told me early on I should seek a second opinion from T&D, and that was after he knew I had consulted with Dr. Feller.

The fact that the accuracy of the patient's photos is being doubted because Spex posted them (even though the patient himself states they are indeed accurate) is proof that a certain poster has a bug up his arse. Sadly, he will never admit to it, no matter how many of you tell him he is wrong and no matter how many times he is shown to be wrong.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Corvettester is entitled to his opinion. He has the right to make a choice as to who to trust and not to trust on this forum. However, to make a public mockery of those he distrusts is another story.

Corvettester, if you don't like Spex or consultants, then simply don't interact with them or comment about them. They are a part of this site whether you like it or not. All of our members can read in each consultants signature that they are indeed consultants and can make up their own mind as to whether or not to trust their posts. Nobody needs you or others to point out that their consultants.

RobertHair, I don't know what your deal is, but you are relatively new to this forum and the vast majority of your posts harp on Dr. Feller and Spex. They are just one of many clinics here. You are entitled to your opinion however, you are beginning to show that you have a blatant agenda to damage Dr. Feller's reputation. Targeting and unfairly maligning physicians is in violation of our terms of service. Thus, if I continue to see this kind of posting, I will be suspending your posting privileges.

In my opinion however, Spex, JoTronic, OrangeHair, Janna and other such clinic representatives have been avid supporters of hair loss sufferers regardless of which doctor they've chosen for hair transplant surgery. I've also seen each of them advise balding men and women against pursuing the surgical route at this time while they consider medical options.

As the managing publisher, I do my best to let everyone have their say and not censor free speech. However, there's a time when this freedom, if not used responsibility, becomes more damaging than good. I fear that this topic has been more of a hazard than a help to fellow hair loss sufferers. Thus, unless the members of this community give me reason otherwise, I will be locking this thread later today to prevent it from spiraling further downwards.

Best wishes,

Bill

RobertHair,

With each and every post (the last of which I've removed for blatant and unsubstantiated insults), I can tell that your only purpose here appears to be to attack and unfairly malign Dr. Feller and Spex. As a new member with only 14 posts to your name, I can only assume that you're here to poison the well. Thus, I've removed your posting privileges.

Regards,

Bill