What are your long term goals?

Most of us here are in our mid 20's to mid 40's.

What are your long terms goals in terms of hair transplants?

Do you have a level of baldness that you are willing to be elevated to or kept at?

Is there a point in your life (e.g. age 40, 50) that you've already decided that, after that age, I will do no more transplants and just be contented with my level of hairloss?

Let's face it we all can't keep chasing the illusion of density for the rest of our lives (all into the 70's and 80's)

take care...

Most of us here are in our mid 20's to mid 40's.

What are your long terms goals in terms of hair transplants?

Do you have a level of baldness that you are willing to be elevated to or kept at?

Is there a point in your life (e.g. age 40, 50) that you've already decided that, after that age, I will do no more transplants and just be contented with my level of hairloss?

Let's face it we all can't keep chasing the illusion of density for the rest of our lives (all into the 70's and 80's)

take care...

This is a good question.

To be honest, for me, the answer would be different if my career wasn't on-camera. (For better or worse, in my profession, an attractive appearance often correlates to higher salary.)

I hope to stay at around a NW2, largely for this sake... If I had picked a different profession, I'd be content, as my father is, as a NW3.

Surgery with Dr. Lindsey on Thursday!!! Very excited

Never really thought about that way, I have pretty much stabalized at N4a, first session of 2600 fu gave me great coverage, second session of 2500 on 21st April with Dr. Konior will give me density, Nw2, I would like to stay there untill at least 50...After that I won,t think about it as much....I hope...Buy the way I'm 38 right know...

Just a thought from the peanut gallery....

Mmhce tapped onto questions that I think every hair loss sufferer considering hair transplant surgery should be asking themselves and answering before getting into the chair.

Hair restoration is a long term journey because male pattern baldness itself is a long term condition. We can't always trust that Propecia or Rogaine will work forever to stop hair loss from continuing, though in some cases it might.

I think it's hard for young guys with minimal hair loss in particular to answer this question since even the slightest thinning area is bothersome to them.

Surgical hair restoration is as much psychological as it is physicial. If when I was just starting to lose my hair at 21 and thought about the head of hair I have now today, I would probably have been upset thinking that I had to settle for a thinner head of hair. However, once I progressed to a norwood 5A, my hope and expectations became much more realistic and the head of hair I have today is wholly better than where I was 5 years ago.

Therefore, it's highly important to recognize (especially for young guys just starting to lose their hair), that retaining or restoring a "full head of hair" is virtually impossible if you've been struck by male pattern baldness.

Best wishes,

Bill

For better or worse, in my profession, an attractive appearance often correlates to higher salary.)

I would add: this applies to ANY profession. I am yet to see any dividend from my few thousands dollars procedure, but with hair growth coming up, i hope my income will increase as well icon_smile.gif

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

I would add: this applies to ANY profession.

latinlotus,

You're right. My old boss told me that he hired me because I was tall. icon_smile.gif People who are tall and attractive have a "superficial" edged. But I don't what to detract to much from the purpose of this thread.

What are your long term goals?

take care...

Being a NW6 and still in my late 20's my goal is to get a decent hair line back. From 23 to 28 I lost ALOT of hair. I look back at pictures from 5 years ago where I actually had a hair line and its amazing how much my appearance has changed.

I would love to get good overall coverage and some coverage on my crown if I have adequate donor hair. I know I am probably destined to be an NW7 and know it will be difficult to get good density but any type of coverage will be better than having nothing at all.

My first HT is only 5 days away and I'm looking forward to it. I'm hoping the next year will be one to remember...

Therefore, it's highly important to recognize (especially for young guys just starting to lose their hair), that retaining or restoring a "full head of hair" is virtually impossible if you've been struck by male pattern baldness.

***please read above quote***

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Great post.

Unlike many here, I waited a little later in life before my HT; I was 48 last year. Like many here, I was around 21 when my balding started. I would have gotten a HT much earlier in life, but 20 years ago all I saw was very detectable plug work. Fast forward many years and we have the great work being turned out by the colaition doctors here.

My future goals are to look as good as I possible can at 50, 55, 60, etc...

I was not able to get "that" many grafts (1700) during my 2008 HT. However, I have a significant improvement in my hairline.

The main reasons for this were low donor density & scalp laxity. Also, my doc suggested I save some donor for future needs. I appreciate that approach in my case because I'd like to tap the donor area again for HT #2 in a year or two.

I simply want to look as good as I can going forward. For a NW 4a, it does not take much to impove the look (to me).

Above the neck and on the surface, my goals not only include my hairline, but my skin. Yes, I see a dermatologist for a little help with my wrinkles from time to time.

My goal is to keep my mind as sharp as possible for as long as possible. I am a university professor, so my research and teaching efforts constantly challenge my brain. I try to read a lot on the side too. My spiritual journey continues and that brings inner peace and new challenges.

My goals also include to continue exercising vigorously. I get 1.5 to 2 hours of weightlifting & cardio 6 days a week. I do not plan to change that.

My goals are simply to look and be the best I can be. Hairwise, I don't know exactly where I am headed, but I do see a HT# 2 in my near future.

I'm just going to do the best I can do with everything that I have. I just hit 49 and for the first time ever, a birthday stung - because I can easily see 50 from here.

But I feel damn good for 49. I just plan to keep working on the anti-aging aspects as hard as possible to improve my overall apperance - inside & out.

Hey guys

All i want is a hairline and hair in my frontal 1/3 area at this stage. I still have hair on my crown and im not sure how much I would really care if I had a bald spot if I still had a hairline and hair to style!

I guess we will have to see how these grafts grow! Only time can tell i guess!??

Canadian_buba

3500 Grafts

Dr. Rahal

Jan 12 09

My Hair Loss WebLog

Having a long term strategy is essential in my opinion .. You have a finite donor supply so this very relavent however, in 10-15 I would think they will have more treatments available as well.

For me it was Stabilze lossm get a good amount of hair for my fourties, and then see what happens.. so far so good!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 2 weeks later...
in 10-15 I would think they will have more treatments available as well

I agree that from what has been posted on the internet and research currently underway this could well be true. However, all sensible planning should not rely on future possibilities which might not materialise when you want. Also any new treatment e.g. hair cloning may well be very expensive to begin with. Even if it does come in it may well take a while for prices to reach more affordable levels.

The point at which I will stop caring is when I have gray hair. I don't think that baldness looks too bad on a person with gray hair.

I think that baldness does look very bad on a person who still has brown or black hair. I think that once the hair on the front of your head is backwards pointing rather than forward pointing, you look kind of dumb. My goal is to avoid that "dumb, blundering oaf" look.

Marvin has a good point about grey hair and having less looking okay.

But rest assured if you care about your looks now, you will care when you are in your 50s and 60s.

I am in my forties and care the same as 20

years ago

This is a great topic and I think people are getting more realistic goals than a few years back with the great help from this forum

PJ