Hasson 5300 in full diffuse thiner

My case will be ace for diffuse thiners as I have 50% terminal hairs all over the top and 50% gone replaced with minox hairs so I have full coverage but it's fuzzy and thin throughout the full top of my head from hairline to back crown. I'll put pics up of before and keep pictures of what happens as I've never seen a case like mine where 5300 grafts have been planted between so many existing hairs.

Ok I've just arrived back at my hotel after surgery about a hour ago and i'm not tired so i've decided to write this up.

Firstly you only have a limited donor supply so you need the best surgeon using it because no matter how rich you are when it's gone it gone, I spent 9 years studying surgeons and it's always been dr hasson that I rate the best so as soon as I got the money I went for it.

The hasson and Wong machine is awsome to watch they have plenty of staff doing stuff all the time so no time is wasted and all the girls know there jobs backwards and are so nice to you it's truly amazing to meet so many caring people, you can really feel and see they want a top result for you and it makes you very relaxed.

Dr Hasson in surgery is a genius how he takes so much strip out and staples you back up without hardly any blood leaking out it is beyond me and the recipient execution is top quality. As a person he is extremely humble, a perfectionist and all round good guy. I am a extremely inquisitive person and was asking him loads of questions but he answered me all day, usually I start to pee people of but he was very patient with me and put me in great ease.

Joe aka jotronic i'm sure I dont need tell you about him but he's a first class genuine guy with a wealth of knowledge who's always been there for me since I met him on here 9 year ago he simply wears his heart on his sleave. Same goes of Christina on reception.

Well that's it results time in 12 month but no matter what happens I put my self with the best and that's all you can do really so fingers crossed for big hair.

I have full shaved skin head now so the dr could make sure existing coverage was not hit in the ht so i wont see any shockloss.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Thanks pal I hope your latest is going well too.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I'm a diffuse thinner and would love to see the results you've had or what the process has been like for you, whether you had to shave down, etc..

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

Cheers guys. Multiplier I have same shape loss as you but I'd say more hair within and stronger crown and hair line but when I get back to the uk I'll post my before pictures and surgery pictures for you and we will see what happens when you put 5300 grafts in the mix with regards to keeping what I've already got. I've had same hair balance for ten years of propecia but just recently lost my hairline slightly hence the reason I've gone for gold by planting around what I've got on top all over. I shaved my head all over down to blade 0 it is the only way it could be done.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

bonkerstonker,

Congratulations! It surely sounds as if your procedure will be an exciting one to follow. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos.

Best of luck to you!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Great stuff we can compare progress as we go pal. Happy growing.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Thank you all for your kind words it means a lot.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Yes I'm still in Canada but I'll put up soon when I'm back to Leeds. I have strange hair before ht so I'll show you hd before pics, before wet pics with normal camera and dry with normal camera all taken the same last week and the difference is astonishing just because of camera quality and styling. Hasson and Wong have before pictures and op day pictures so I'm sure jo will put them up for me later.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Yes I'm still in Canada but I'll put up soon when I'm back to Leeds. I have strange hair before ht so I'll show you hd before pics, before wet pics with normal camera and dry with normal camera all taken the same last week and the difference is astonishing just because of camera quality and styling. Hasson and Wong have before pictures and op day pictures so I'm sure jo will put them up for me later.

Look forward to seeing them.

Ok cool if my blog has worked they should be some pics on my signiture strip below now.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Bonker,

Thank you for sharing those images. Your new hairline looks fantastic, and I can't wait to watch your results progress and mature. Congratulations, and please keep us updated!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

hello stonker,congratulations you lucky bugger,i just had a squint at your pics,i would love to have the pre op ammount of hair you had so i will be even more envious once the ht grows in,only kidding i hope you get max growth,all the best and have a nice day.......

Cheers guys. All though a lot of people may say i had decent coverage before i was in a place that i call no mans land where i have hair but i couldn't do anything with it also i have a young face so it depressed me for 10 years to the point where i didn't want to leave my house and it completely changed my happiness and personality. So i decided to make the move and not waste another 10 years in no mans land.

I have every faith in Dr Hasson to save my existing hair plus bring in the 5300 and if this happens i will sing from the roof tops believe me!!

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. I wasn't gonna post any 5 week pictures because it is such a horrible uncertain negative time that we all go through but i decided i wanted to keep a good documentation of my journey so they're on my site below.

As you can see i've had vast shockloss at the recipient site and at the scar but i'm sure it will just be temporary as i can see stubble growing back on the top and around my scar so fingers crossed it returns soon.

The actual scar that looks saw is not the actual joining line of the scar where the 2 sides of scalp meet it is from the staples the actual scar is impossible to see at this time even through the shockloss.

If anyone knows of any ointment or anything that will help the staple holes heal quicker let me know i was thinking of using sudacrem.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Hey bonker. 5 weeks is not a great time. It greats better. Be patient. Looks like great work you had done.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I’ve been lurking around the forums reading posts for couple years. I wants to see what can be done for me. I like what I see with you transplant. I’m from Europe; almost had a surgery there, but now live here. Want to see how your turns out. I went to Bosley and Medical Hair Restoration in Seattle 3 years ago; suggested 2500 graphs. Did not have the money at the time, but now settled so relooking at it. I have appointment with Bosley again in 3 weeks, but will look at your doctor also and other doctors. When I call Medical Hair Restoration, it goes to Bosley. So I’ll look around and see what is new. But I will call you r doctor.

Mate in my opinion and a lot of other peoples going to bosley is the worst thing you can do they have quite a big list of people they have butchered and it's generally not a good idea to go with commercial companies like that without leading drs to put their own respected names on the surgery door.

I have been on the hair transplant scene for over ten years and i personaly think Dr Hasson and Dr Wong are the best in the world and so do a lot of others but you wont go far wrong with Dr Rahal, Dr Feller, Dr Shapiro. I wouldn't use anyone other than them 5 and in that order.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

• 1 month later...

My 2 and 3 month pictures are on my blog now. Bear in mind this is just my existing hair regrowing after the ht shockloss, i know where the existing hair is and where ht hair is in some areas without existing hair so i can monitor what the ht hair is doing, there are 1 or 2 ht hairs breaking through the scalp that i can see but they could not possibly make a cosmetic difference. Also i did not expect ht hair to making any impact at this very early stage so i'm right on course with regards to getting my existing hair back.

The scar shockloss is quite troublesome and my life would be hell of a lot easier right now if i didn't have it but fingers crossed it goes soon.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Yeah, looks like you had some gnarly shockloss. It usually starts to regrow at 3 months. Otherwise I think you're on right on track.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com