Hasson 5300 in full diffuse thiner

My 2 and 3 month pictures are on my blog now. Bear in mind this is just my existing hair regrowing after the ht shockloss, i know where the existing hair is and where ht hair is in some areas without existing hair so i can monitor what the ht hair is doing, there are 1 or 2 ht hairs breaking through the scalp that i can see but they could not possibly make a cosmetic difference. Also i did not expect ht hair to making any impact at this very early stage so i'm right on course with regards to getting my existing hair back.

The scar shockloss is quite troublesome and my life would be hell of a lot easier right now if i didn't have it but fingers crossed it goes soon.

Hang in there i know exactly how you feel. I am almost 4 months post op with Dr Hasson. Best thing to do is just let it be and the less you think about it the better its a long journey as you already know and you cant hurry nature. 6 months plus is when i think everyone should start to assess results.

Happy growing you look great for 3 months.

Yes it's all good fun to be fair i've adapted to the situation and am looking forward to the growth over the next 9 months.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

I am sure you will have a great result. I have to get in the same mindset and start the waiting game.....just part of the process, but worth it.

Yes you've got to go for it as soon as you can and get things back on track. Before my current ht i had a pretty decent life where people couldn't see my hair was thinning i never had to use concealers i just knew what worked for me BUT it was hard work on a daily basis so after 10 years of fighting and styling to always make sure my hair was perfect and in it's thickest place so i didn't show any weakness it eventually ground me down to the point i was sick of it and wanted a hassle free life so i have traded this current year of waiting and hiding from people i know for hopefully the rest of my life with hassle free hair.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Bonker,

Personally, I think the results look right on track for 2-3 months. You're experiencing shock loss, but I think it's most significant (comparing the 3 month images to your pre-operative photographs) in the regions surrounding the scar and not as much in the frontal scalp and hairline. However, it is a bit difficult to tell without a straight on shot (so it could be more significant than I'm assuming).

However, I recall viewing your immediate post-operative pictures months ago and after looking at them today, I must, again, say that I love the design of the transplanted hairline and I still believe this will be a dynamite result when fully matured. I hope the waiting period goes quickly! Good luck, and let us know if there is anything we can do to help in the interim.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks Guys. I have noticed lately in a few patients with a lot of existing hair to get quite a big jump in cosmetic difference between 3 and 4 months so hopefully i will get some of that action but if not i will be patient for definite.

Blake there are no pictures head on simply because my hair is too thin at the moment to stand up like it is doing in the pre op pictures but i might comb it down or try stand it up for the 4 month pictures.

Yes with regards to the hairline design i was very happy with it i got exactly how i wanted it because Dr Hasson was very patient with me as i got him to tweek it how i wanted it.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

• 1 month later...

Hi dudes, I'm currently at 4 months and have seen improvement again this month but the scar shockloss is still a thorn in my side on the full right side and the top of the left but most other areas of the scar seems reasonable.

Dr Hasson told me during surgery that in 4 months time i'd have my pre ht hair back on top and i have to say he was bang on it's hard to judge what is pre ht hair and new ht hair on top but from a birds eye view i would say i'm back to where i started from and i havent felt many ht spikes so virtually all my pre ht hair must have survived which leaves me thinking if my new ht hair grows over the next month or two i could be in for something really good here.

Photos on blog below!

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I just want to add something i discovered today!

I noticed that if you take a photo from high in front of your head so the photo goes across you hair at a 45 degree angle you get a photo that is false and not the true state of play, i could post a photo now that would make you think i was on a wow result and the madest 4 month growth you've ever seen but i'm not gonna as it is missleading. my above pictures are all directly down from a birds eye view which shows the truth.

Anyway the reason why i mention this is because when i look at all these amazing early growth pictures they're all at this above front 45 degree angle where you get a great illusion of density and having seen these photos a lot lately it has made me feel like i was a million miles away from shockloss recovery on top. Check it out go find someones freak growth pictures and it's likely they wont be a true birds eye picture directly down from above.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

bonker, I agree 100% with your assessment of photo angles. it's amazing how a little angling can make the HT look totally different...

that being said, you look right on track...

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 2 weeks later...

Bonker, your closeup shot from the right side looks to me as though the scar is stretched. You look to have a tad of shock loss underneath it making it look worse, but it's definitely not a well healed scar.

Why not grow your hair out longer to cover it up? Is your hair at #2 guard?

What did Dr Hasson say to you during your follow up visit with him regarding the stretched scar?

Dr Arocha

3626 FU's

H1: 508

H2: 1741

H3: 1377

My Hairloss Website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2127

Hi Ahairdown thanks for your thoughts. Its a 5 guard mate it covers the scar easy in most areas but there is a issue on that side i don't think it is the scar mate i think it's the staple holes but you never know it's very hard to tell at this point, the reason why i think it's the staples is i've never seen the scar anywhere along the extraction donor even the day after the staples removed i couldn't find it so it would be ironic to have a 4mm stretch in one place and invisible for the majority of it but you never know.

Dr Hasson is cool i'm sure he'll sort it if it is stretched he's a good guy. I did speak with joe and he said they could sort it if i ever came back so obviously i would. My scar pictures are absolutely rubbish so gonna have to buy a camera that will do really close detail shots.

I just noticed you've had a op, All the best with it grow well heal well!

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Good to hear! Hope it's not stretching, I worry about the same thing as I like to keep my hair short too. Also like you, my right side is a tad thin right below my donor scar.

I had disolvable sutures for my external layer. Any idea on why he used staples on you, sounds like a lazy way to sew someone up? These aren't commonly used in hair transplants are they? I had staples for a hernia operation a long time ago when I was a kid and the scar didn't heal well at all. Those staples are a lot thicker than they look in pictures and cause damage of their own. There isn't any hair in the area and you can still see the train tracks 20 years later.

Well anyway, hope your shockloss comes back bro you gotta a lot of grafts dropped in and should look great here shortly!

Dr Arocha

3626 FU's

H1: 508

H2: 1741

H3: 1377

My Hairloss Website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2127

Bonker

at 4 months you look preop. Some people say after 3 months post op you go to base line, but I would say its at 4months that you look like before. I've seen lots of guys in the photo section going to baseline right around 4 months, and between 5-6 months the hair starts to fill in nicely, which Im positive will be your case and you'll definitely see the results.

On another note, did you start working out again. I started 3 months post op and it was hard to start....

Ahair staples are always used at Hasson and wong and have proven to be for them over the years the best way of stopping scar stretching. From what i hear the staple damage is not common so i'm just unlucky thats life i suppose pal.

Aseda your comment gives me a little mental boost so thanks and i agree i'm probably back where i started from i do have some very thin hairs in my hairline that i think are ht hairs but i did have some there before it's the way they are all lined up that makes me think they're ht hairs. Also i'm about 4 motnhs and week now and am now starting to feel the spikes poke through the scalp for the first time all over so with a bita of luck they should mature and start working for me soon.

Aseda unfortunately i had to retire from fighting for a while as it just seemed silly to be getting my head bashed around so i wont be returning to training for at least 1 or 2 years. Obviously it was a hard decision as now i have hardly any income and i also had to relinquish all my titles but i'll be back. I'm buzzing your back training it must be so hard to train again but also very nice to be back.

So to sum things up i'm now a fat, lazy, unemployed baldy ha ha ha!

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1