Joe Rogan

Julius

joe rogan:

“One of the dumbest things I ever did was get hair transplants. Now I have a big stupid scar on the back of my head that looks like a smile”.

“I think I'm still gonna shave my head someday because it looks like shit, but I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with the scar. I actually might get a Wanderlei Silva style tattoo back there”.

“Propecia is bad too, it kills your dick. Rogaine sort of works to keep it a little, but it doesn't really grow shit back”.

“Yeah, they took strips of meat from the back of my head and extracted the follicles and inserted them into the top of my head. It worked, sorta. I've got some hair up there now, but ultimately I would have been happier if I just shaved it.”

96275040.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F570FC584C91D870D97735C606B1A12DDE5F27A7C2EADD1BABE30A760B0D811297

I would have thought a celebrity like him would have gone to the best of the best

Who did his ht?

Why does his ht look so poor?

Do you think his result is typical of hts?

There seems to be a lot of happy people and some not happy. I think he looks better...but if someone is willing to shave their head, I would not bother with an HT.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

It's impossible to tell what anyone's thoughts or expectations were when they opted to have hair transplant surgery. Perhaps he was not adequately informed about the "illusion of density".

I'm happy with my hair at this point. Yes, it could be thicker and my hairline could be lower but I'm happy. However, since losing a considerable amount of weight after my first HT and getting in shape, I've often wondered if I would have been happier spending the money to have a couple of other cosmetic concerns addressed, hitting the gym harder and just shaving. In other words, concentrating on being the best looking bald guy I could be.

I think the "grass is always greener" phenomenon is just human nature because, no matter how well informed we are and how much we say we are willing to compromise, most of us want something approaching perfection.

It seems Joe Rogan is not happy with his decision. The same can be said for some members who post here. Others feel hair transplantation was the best decision they have ever made. I'm all for people expressing their true feelings and sharing their experiences but I don't like it when people make blanket statements about surgical hair restoration or non-surgical hair treatments being a bad idea for everyone. It simply isn't true.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

TTP,

This is not meant to be a smart question....but how do I become informed about the "illusion" of density?

Does it look like a normal head of hair or not? I would like to see an HT in person I guess. I hear a lot about the "illusion". Does this mean you have to style ir a certain way or it is see thru?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Julius,

It seems that one of his gripes is having a "smiley" scar on the back of his head. Again, it seems that anyone embarking on follicular unit transplantation would have had some idea that this would be the case. I know I weighed the pros and cons of this heavily before opting for surgery. I understood that, for better or worse, shaving my head would no longer be an option.

Spanker,

I don't know if you've seen this article from the Hair Transplant Network but it does a great job of explaining the "illusion".

Will I Be Able to Obtain a Full Head of Hair with Hair Transplant Surgery?

In a nutshell, this term refers to the fact that hair is not transplanted at natural density but requires skill and artistry to be placed in such a way as to give an appearance of fullness. A hair transplant patient should not have to style his or her hair in any particular fashion but some styles may look better than others.

Personally, I think my hair looks full most of the time. When wet, the lower density is more obvious. When running my fingers through it I can slightly feel the change from transplanted to natural hair. But, let me say again, I'm very happy with my decision and my outcome after my second hair transplant. I no longer avoid looking in the mirror.

Hope this helps,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

does anyone know which dr he went to? Or before pics of Rogan? Norwood level?

Obviously he wasn't on this site before he went out to find a dr.

A little off topic, but I also noticed that athletes LeBron James and Kobe Bryant have receding hairlines.

I'm a big fan of Rogans and he discussed this issue on his podcast yesterday. He mentioned that he got the procedure done during the "News Radio" days so it's probably been 15 years or so since he had his original procedure done. He didn't mention the doctor, but I would have to assume it was in the LA area.

Joe looks to have good donor hair. I bet he'd be amazed at what a good surgeon could do to repair his previous surgery (mini/micros I'm sure).

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

That would be awesome, go to the show on Melrose on New Years Eve.

If I didn't get sick I would have gone to Joe Rogans Improv last weekend. That would of helped me evaluate his head up close, LOL!
Edited by OneHairLeft

You have to remember joe rogan is in a macho world now where men are men and they shave their hair and look tough, when he had a ht it was still very early in develoment and he was presenting ponce shows like temptation island and so on. I'm a pro fighter in the uk and i know what it's like to be a mans man but i don't give a rats arse i wanna look the best i can and pull birds too.

He's been hit with 2 things poor primitive work because he was desperate for hair and change of life and surroundings. Would he be bitching if he had a Rahal or hw transplant now and was presenting a love show i think not he's just bitter it's that simple.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

You know Joe was talking on the podcast the other day that he wasn't happy seeing his hair on the new Fear Factor and said he's going to have to do something about it. Now that he's already cut he may be considering going again for another FUT. It would probably be a good idea at this stage. Even 3000 from Dr. Rahal or H&W would make a big difference since he already has some hair up there that isn't going anywhere.

• 1 year later...

The work was rubbish. I think he looks pretty good with the shaved head though. Then again I also think the remnants of the hairline and shadow the transplanted hair creates makes it look really good. I still think that since he's cut he could get 3000 from rahal or H&W no prob and could still buzz down and prob have a better scar. Or he could FUE the scar. He looks pretty good regardless though. Dude is yoked for mid 40s. The roids and HGH are working well. His jaw is significantly bigger than when he was a young man but it kind of suits his image. Rogan is the man.