FUE Failure

alxhxoxt

I have done a FUE hair transplant in the united state last year, 1000 grafts been transplanted, approximate 300 grafts grown back

i lost approximate 2500 grafts , my density was 85 grafts in 1cmm before surgery in the donor area , the density in donor area gone to approximate 60 grafts in 1cmm after surgery , the donore area has been damaged considerably :(

BEWARE FROM FUE HAIR TRANSPLANT

5b32cafcae15a_Picture0491.jpg.5cfc5997a687347eaa1c0545df40c8d4.jpg

5b32cafcba590_Picture0571.jpg.cb8cfd4f7c1257ba6a7175926881e723.jpg

5b32cafccef2f_Picture012.jpg.7f960207acc6c173f602397a03d60ccc.jpg

5b32cafd48a27_Picture007.jpg.507537bc08fa89f6a6bda54ca063d80f.jpg

5b32cafd57335_Picture104.jpg.57b7b52de14fbd03f30c7f561a9c07a1.jpg

5b32cafd68826_Picture054.jpg.c9fbfc4c89cd48fee1114b8414506117.jpg

5b32cafd85bb7_Picture018.jpg.a0dd4502a4772ed61cd68a89dd810ec3.jpg

5b32cafd985f3_Picture116.jpg.51e656261f4e80b83a61e2b62aa258b6.jpg

5b32cafdb12d1_Picture114.jpg.d1079e45c03534d66fd3c85c8437da61.jpg

Yeah, who was the doc,

That does look like an FUE fail, a lot of scarring for 1000 grafts....how many months post op are you?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Anybody know if this kind of scarring is typical of FUE procedures?

There is scarring when fue is performed , but it seems the punch size used in this case was on the large size with possible bad technique killing follicles around were the extractions were done.

u spoke to the surgeon alx !?

This is the classic "moth eaten" look that happens with alot of FUE today when the patient expects to get thousands of grafts. Not a pretty sight indeed. Considering the OP is shaved down to a 0 guard in the scariest photos, I'd say this is a pretty decent FUE result concerning the scarring. Not in the elite category for sure, but definitely not butchery. I've seen much worse than this for sure.

If the grafts are expected to have any chance of survival the holes cannot be much smaller than this. And, of course, patient physiology plays a VITAL role in the outcome! I know the pro FUE cult on here will come in and bash me and insist that this will not happen in the hands of an "elite" FUE surgeon. And I will say if that is indeed true then will he/she GUARUNTEE THAT IN WRITING ?

But hey, look at the bright side: he can just "throw in the towel" now and live happily ever after because he does not have a smiley faced strip scar on the back of his head.

Just as it wouldn't be appropriate to use a bad strip scar as the example for all strip procedures, we shouldn't use this example of poor FUE as indicative of all FUE.

Everything about this surgery appears to be less than ideal. Only 1,000 grafts were used to cover a relatively large area, the punch size does look rather big, and the grafts that appeared to grow seem to be growing in unnatural directions.

Absolutely no need to make this into a strip v. FUE debate. Only a fool would hold up a single example, and in this case a poor example, as evidence that one is better than the other. As with most things in this world, the question of which procedure is better is dependent upon many factors, and does not lend itself to a definitive answer.

"Just as it wouldn't be appropriate to use a bad strip scar as the example for all strip procedures, we shouldn't use this example of poor FUE as indicative of all FUE" Absolutely agree. I had Fue going on almost 8 years ago . This doc has no idea here what he is doing. Research any type of surgery from a specific doc with meeting several patients before you let them put 1 hair on your head.

Obviously not everyone will have reached the point where they have developed enough skill to perform this procedure. If this is the case it's probably best for the patient's sake not to offer it.

It is also probably best to ask the clinic how long they have been performing the procedure, how many patients in total, what size punches they are using and can you see the work up close?

It should be evident to all that more and more strip clinics are offering fue. In fact some are switching over from strip to only fue. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but you have to keep in mind it takes a long time to devolop this skill. Some have tried and given up completely. Whereas some keep trying at the patient's expense as we see in this case.

Do your research, this should not be happening in 2010

Edited by Topcat611

hello guys,definately a poor result from a very poor fue surgeon,i never thought i would be able to fund fue but there are quite a few very good and reasonably priced fue surgeons about,the thought of a bad scar from strip would be a nightmare for me as i have always worn my hair short,it would be of interest to me to see this case with his hair a little longer to see how much of a camoflargeing effect it would have,worn as short as in those pic's it's nearly as bad as a good strip scar with a number one cut,who was the clinic so we can all avoid a similar outcome?all have a nice day.....

I just had an FUE of 4500 grafts one week ago (look at my thread search umar npae hair )...

I am only one week post op so I Cant speak of results

but my FUE scars are already 98% gone!!!! I barely see them. The punches were less than 1/3 of size of those punches, those are almost 1 cm punches....

and Who would use 1000 grafts to cover a norwood 6 or 7?

I have had a strip surgery 12 years ago and there IS NO COMPARAISON scar wise between the two. As far as results i have to wait to see, but scars of donor areas FUE is way much better. If you are the type that scars no matter what you will do your skin will scar.

Skeptical Elliptic I am not sure what do you base your conclusions on but they seem so drastic and so inaccurate for the poor person who is trying to decide.

I hope that my surgery results do well, but I certainly can attest that those scars are a RARITY and they are VERYunusual