Umar 1500 grafts into hairline

The only part that really hurt was the first needle to the back of the skull to numb hurt like fuck then the rest was completely numb the "punches" I'm not sure your caught up to today's advancements but I guess it would be 1556 "fue punches"

honestly the only thing I care about is how I look in 3/4 months, I'm keeping my fingers crossed

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've done a grip of research know all the possible outcomes and risks, let's not hijack this thread, if any of y'all got any questions feel free to ask anything ya want,

one person pm'd me asked how much umar charged...

7/graft without pics

6/graft with pics, hence one of the reasons im updating this blog along with to help out others

Well done. Messy post ops, but the work looks solid.

As a former patient of Dr. Umar who drilled him with more questions than you'll ever find on this forum, let me clarify something here. Umar's post ops look "messy" because he doesn't clean them. Every docs procedures look just like this. But most other docs clean the blood off (or most of it) after surgery. Dr. Umar doesn't because he feels that cleaning the surface only increases risks to the new transplanted hairs.

Now we can discuss the relative possibilities of that, but lets be clear, the surgery isn't anymore "sloppy" than other surgeons, its just left "as is".

Second, and I know I have touched on this on other threads, but I absolutely cannot see the cons of using nape hair. If nape hair did fall out, it would simply leave the non-nape hair. Then the hairline would look like a hairline without nape hair. Which is what some posters are saying is preferrable in the first place.

IMO, its worth taking the risk that when I'm 70, I'll have a hairline with no nape hair (the same as I would have gotten with any other surgeon) and enjoy the soft hairline the nape hair provides till then.

• 1 month later...

hi fellas,

i had my procedure on may 28 so we are around the 3.25ish month mark. i am slightly dubious about my outcome. i think of myself as a black belt in ht knowledge and i feel like my right side is lagging i feel like the placement is too far apart. i know its early so well just keep on waiting

IMG_1049.jpg.2861939ec6d87a061e18c66b9b30f769.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg.2c3334a01a98fc6881027212c90b8850.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg.68e2acf5c13c1a9c44bafa1a3264b23b.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg.5ddceebf59e6fcf1c56df1a864b3ebab.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg.2c62fc1c808eb1c4d24698fdc632d89f.jpg

Hey jb, I have been following your progress for the past few months. I am scheduled for 2500 grafts with Dr. Umar this Thursday & Friday. I was praying that your results would be coming in by now. I know 3/4 months is not nearly long enough to gauge anything, but can you be specific with me about what you think is going on. I would really appreciate it. You say your right side is lagging and the placement is too far apart, jeez that is scary stuff. I hope it turns out well for you brother, and anything you can explain to me would be really helpful. I am getting pretty nervous. Thanks man

Yeah....it is still early....but I share your concern

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

In a nutshell, the left side seems perfect for 3 months and if the right side looked like the left I'd be 100% confident of a satisfactory outcome. However, it seems to me like the right has grafts placed further apart from each other and that it's not as dense with coverage very see through I hope there's more sprouts with thickening of some of the singles to help in the coming months it's early time will tell

• 4 weeks later...

Jb,

4 months is too early for any accurate conclusions. In my opinion, you should wait a full year before truthfully assessing hair transplant results. Good luck growing! Also, thank you for keeping the community updated on your progress. I look forward to seeing future updates!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hey all,

here's the six month update...

i feel the left side is good, right side not so much, dr umar said anything not to my liking, he would make 100% satisfied even offered to tentatively schedule an appt. in feb. I wish i could give a glowing review and say im totally happy now but i cant however umar has reassured me that this is a journey we go down together and we will make sure that im completely satisfied at the end

IMG_1669.jpg.8f63c37240f16db7a7fb1780fbf95b9a.jpg

IMG_1670.jpg.3abff1cc44653e1fac72bcb048075677.jpg

IMG_1671.jpg.a8a899c5687459634650280bbbf81110.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg.46910bea1ff25243825191afc249b739.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg.d8710d85d0371429ea08649bb9b9b3c0.jpg

jbbreese,

Thanks for updating us on your progress. I see what you mean about the right side. Glad to hear Dr. Umar is standing by his work. I know from experience what it is like to have less than optimal growth but I'm quite happy how things have worked out for me after my second hair transplant.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Yes, the results are not great on the right side.....on a positive note, you are only at 6 months so I would wait a while to judge the final result.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey guys whats up, had a procedure with dr. umar 12 months ago 1500 fue and it looked natural just very see through on the right side. i explained to dr umar i was not 100% satisfied and he offered me a free touch up. i just had the surgery today and wanted to update what he did. He went above and beyond and implanted 480 grafts in his "touch up". I am very very confident that after what he did today i am going to have the result that i envisioned one year ago cheers ask any questions you'd like...

ps last pic is just nice

a%3E

1.JPG.426cf8ab784ca02b655908e57b203284.JPG

2.JPG.2a8aa25c9cd89e1aba31c9e3b4a03ac6.JPG

3.JPG.6c3e3a5e4d41f6b5b9681f6dbe1e12f2.JPG

5.JPG.a6d61a0e2669155fa6ee213dbd0ab77b.JPG

4.JPG.bcc8a2b733ed91bd8aaec20dc32821ee.JPG

Sipbb.jpg.97cfc8b2eabf649e178c7b126a7c4bfe.jpg