What makes hair grow faster

I've read about a lot of guys on here really increasing their protein intake, through shakes, etc.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Pompadore,

Welcome to our forum community.

Taking MSM may help the hair and nails grow faster and healthier. Those who take MSM typically take approximatelhy 3000mg daily - 1500mg twice daily.

Keep in mind that this will not help jump start early hair growth of the transplanted hair.

Bill

I've heard of patients taking MSM. I've heard postitive and negative feedbacks from the few patients who said they've taken it. Is it something a women can take for nails and hair growth?

I would advise anyone to stay away from Saw Palmetto. I tried it on word of mouth and I swear all my serious hairline loss came a few weeks into taking it.

Though I do not necessarily buy into Saw Palmetto as a hair loss treatment, since Saw Palmetto is a supposed DHT inhibitor (like Propecia), it is possible that there is a hair shedding period with use of this product like Propecia that could last for the first few months. With Propecia, this can be a sign of the medication working. I cannot tell you whether or not it's the same with Saw Palmetto, but it is an interesting comparison.

Read my detailed review of Saw Palmetto for more information.

Regarding MSM, it does appear that it may help speed up and promote healthy hair and nail growth, but I do not believe it jump starts early growth of the transplanted hair.

If anyone has any information that contradicts this, I'd be interested to hear it? It would certainly be good news for hair transplant patients if it did.

Bill

My transplant was 15 days ago. I have a blog set up under the name RJS.

I realize it will take a long time for the hair to grow in. I am just looking for something that might help speed up the rate of growth a little.

I appreciate everyones answers.

The problem with Saw Palmetto is I never recoverd from the shedding unlike the times I used Rogaine in the hairline. It was a timeline with Sam palmetto that was very one sided- take it daily and lose hair and never recover.

Thats just me.

I think it is just another vitamin available with it's accompanying claims.. If you believe MSM then the Revita shampoo is right down your alley as well. Many claims and "good" ingredients but again, they are just claims ( with the exception of the magic K ingredient) with plenty of statistics on the website for DS labs.

I just think it is a great shampoo cosmetically

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

My doctor has me using foam rogaine. He says it will make the transplanted hairs come in quicker. I believe him as I feel he is one of the top docs in this field. Twice a day. Morning and evening.I am 6 weeks into my HT.

• 2 years later...
Guest neileaque

On average, human hair grows at a rate of half-an-inch per month. The basic guidelines for living a healthy life are the same guidelines for making hair grow faster and longer:

1. Eat a healthy diet. Minimize fat and sugar intake and increase protein.

2. Get plenty of rest.

3. Cut back on smoking, caffeine and sodas.

4. Exercise frequently.

Additional tips:

1. Take supplements known to boost hair growth: Vitamins B, C, E, Beta Carotene, Magnesium.

2. Avoid heat styling.

3. Try hot oil treatments on your scalp.

;)

====

(Promotional link removed my moderator)

Edited by TakingThePlunge

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased MSM by NSI 1000mg and it says to take 1000mg daily, just one capsule per day on the bottle. Some people are recommending 1500-3000mg? Is it safe to double or triple this dose then? I just gotta make sure.

I've been hearing a lot of about MSM and even Omega 3 with EPA & DHA for hair growth. I have even heard about Vitamin K 100mcg or higher for men. So, I am giving it a try along with few other things to see how it goes. If they don't work on me for hair, then I am not so concerned as they offer many other health benefits as well. Couple of the vitamins I am taking are actually making me feel really good. I didn't think they would make such a difference in health, but I was wrong.