Dr. Umar - 5300 FUE and BHT

Taz

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Dr. Umar is a good HT surgeon and I commend him for going along the FUE and BHT route. As a recipeint of strip scars I believe he is precious in the HT world. I remember when thrown off the HLH when I still wondered whether it was a legitmate enterprise. It was in the midst of a discussion about BHT, among his shills, I was easy prey, having gone to Arvind, a fact that Umar was not shy to point out. And then I was labelled a shill, a silent demon for Arvind. I was appaulled at the whole HT industry and it's web-affiliates. The Umar advocates, a.k.a. Attitus, and the Sosogood- "I'm odd to take my kid to the dentist" nonsense. I got one good out of it, that the wise know better. By the way Dr. Umar, I think Sofar has done you more harm than good.

I feel that hiding his technique has contributed to many people believing that he is hiding results.

I do know that hiding has scared alot of guys away.

I always get asked about him privately and I ALWAYS try my hardest to get them to stay away from him.

Docs would be surprised in how many patients get steered in other directions because of different reasons.

Originally posted by Abedogg:

Atticus-

I would like to see more updated pics from you if you have them.

Also, Umar does run a one doc clinic but he needs to add a patient consultant in my opinion. I think he's a very nice guy and I think I'm going to get a good result, but sometimes it does take him a while to respond to email.

Others -

Umar doesn't share his technique and I'm actually ok with that (although I would have preferred to know). I know that everyone will not be ok with that and those that are not, should not go to Umar unless he decides to disclose his technique. And I know most of us who research anally (including myself) would prefer to know so I think regardless of what he uses, transparancy would be good for business.

I feel that hiding his technique has contributed to many people believing that he is hiding results.

My 2 cents -

On a happier note, I feel encouraged by lots of recent sprouts.

Abe

Hey Abe. I am a little baffled by your previous statements concerning Dr. Umar not returning emails. Prior to my deciding to have Dr. Umar do my FUE, I checked with several patients regarding his follow up and customer service. All said he excelled in these areas. I experienced prompt responses to my emails prior to having him do my surgery. Are you saying Dr. Umar never responded to your email? Or are you saying he did not IMMEDIATELY/INSTANTLY respond to your emails? Citing others second hand accounts of events is merely hearsay. Res Ipsa Loquitor (The thing speaks of itself).

Onto to the patient consultant thing. What attracted me to Dr. Umar's clinic was the fact that there are no patient consulants. Let's not forget patient consultants receive incentives to bring in patients. I would think this leads to some patients being worked on that should not have been. I will pass on patient consultants.

As far as the ORP threads on HLH. Let not forget something. ORP insisted that Dr. Umar do his BHT, and was upset because Dr. Umar did not feel he was a good BHT candidate. He made several inappropriate comments in his anger. Are you/were you saying you agree with the notion that Dr. Umar should have done BHT on ORP despite the fact the ORP was not a good candidate? Surely you cannot be saying you agree with ORP? It is a Doctor's decision to do surgery or not bearing in mind whether someone is a good candidate or not.

I can see at this point some individuals are left with nothing substantive to say about Dr. Umar negatively. What is left? Conjecture, speculation, and inuendo.

As far as trying to label someone who recommeds the work of someone/anyone as a cheerleader is ridiculous. When someone does a good job, I recommend that person. I had laser eye surgery done 8 years ago with perfect results. I still have perfect vision to this day with no evidence of surgery. You better damn well believe I recommend my laser eye surgery surgeon to my friends, relatives, and even strangers. Does that make a shill? No! To allow someone to go to a hack would be irresponsbile. So trying to label me as a shill or cheerleader is just tripe contrived by speculation.

That's all I had to say. Have a good evening everyone,

Atticus

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

Atticus,

Your unrelenting support and undying loyalty to Dr. Umar no matter what the circumstance are sure to be appreciated by him, but honestly every time I read a comment from you, it is like a big red flag that waves in my face and makes me question whether or not I should consider Dr. Umar. You are doing more harm than good.

That being said, I am starting to lean towards going the FUE route rather than strip and Dr. Umar is on my short list of doctors that I am considering. I truly appreciate people like Abedog who are willing to post their experiences with no agenda and help everyone out on this forum. Best of luck to you Abedog.

Originally posted by Leeson:
Citing others second hand accounts of events is merely hearsay. Res Ipsa Loquitor (The thing speaks of itself

Hearsay is an out-of-court statement, made in court, to prove the truth of the matter asserted.

Res ipsa deals with negligence.

Res ipsa loquitor is being used simply as a latin verse in the context of my sentence. Nothing more, nothing less. A second hand statement is still a second hand account, and is commonly referred to as hearsay in modern English Idiom outside of the court setting. But please do not attempt to sidetrack issues here my JD friend. I am using res ipsa loquitor in this sentence. In another sentence I could use sine qua non instead of "absolutely indispesible/essential". Just latin.

Atticus

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

Originally posted by NW4recession:

Atticus,

Your unrelenting support and undying loyalty to Dr. Umar no matter what the circumstance are sure to be appreciated by him, but honestly every time I read a comment from you, it is like a big red flag that waves in my face and makes me question whether or not I should consider Dr. Umar. You are doing more harm than good.

That being said, I am starting to lean towards going the FUE route rather than strip and Dr. Umar is on my short list of doctors that I am considering. I truly appreciate people like Abedog who are willing to post their experiences with no agenda and help everyone out on this forum. Best of luck to you Abedog.

You are entitled to your opinion friend. I hope you make the best choice for you.

Atticus

Atticus,

My review of my experience with Umar can be seen in my original post that reviews my surgery day experience. I'm not going to go into further detail other than I have no issues with his customer service, I'm just trying to give others an idea of what to expect. Overall, I'm happy with my current results and I'm hoping for a great end result.

Your use of the word 'heresay' is interesting. Someone else said that to me recently.

Abe

Had 3k With Umar on Feb 16, 2009

My Hair Loss Website

im hoping that this does not become about atticus more than it becomes about the Dr. he takes bullets for on a daily basis.. just as NW4recession said MOST of the people who know about atticus and sofar feel that they do more harm then good for their dr... what bothers me so much is these two have an effect on new guys to the online forums, IMO, THIS GROUP is who they 'target' sadly their CONSTANT pushing probably has worked to steer newbies toward umar....

what i DONT want here is for atticus to be successful in deflecting the attention off dr UMAR... Bill- has asked SIMPLE questions..

ive seen Bill ask questions directly to drs on here and 99% are addressed by the dr... but NOT DR UMAR??? atticus however will have us believe its due to umars unrelenting, tireless, attempts to save the world.. for he is SUPERMAN!!!..... but lets face it....

i will say out loud what everyone(except, dear atticus) knows... ONCE AGAIN, DR UMAR IS DUCKING AND DODGING THESE QUESTIONS, JUST AS HE DID WITH HIS OTHER UNSUCCESSFUL BHT THREADS, JUST PRAYING IT WILL GO AWAY...... well dr. sometimes when your past is bad enough you cant EVER fully hide from it, so how about be a man and OWN UP AND ADDRESS IT...bet you will feel better about yourself....

hell you MIGHT even get that 50 pound clump of chest/leg/pubic hair 'off your back' .... (or wherever it is you unsuccessfully planted it)

or you can keep hiding behind your EASILY noticed shills.... they do not work with our experienced posters tho... sorry.

address Bills questions please... we all know your following this thread

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

EDIT--- CUROIUS- i sent you a PM addressing your question... all i will say is that i believe that Bill and other 'valued members'(even if they dont always agree) of this forum know that i dont have any personal agenda against umar. rather my 'goal' if i have one, is to keep drs honest and keep a dirty industry accountable as best i can... my track record supports this statment. UMAR is what im addressing now but he is not the sole reason im here. far from it. my views and opinions are seldom held back. they are out in the oped for yourself and others to see.. believe me im quite open and quite honest. i dont hide.. my probably unhealthy obsession with THIS FORUM has allowed me to see alot, learn alot.. so i speak on that.

Lost, just came across this thread, and without belaboring the point, you must meet with sofarsogood before wasting any more energy on skepticism and conspiracies about Dr. Umar's BHT results. I met with sofarsogood in Jan., 2009 for a little over an hour. We drove through LA on a typical sunny day, sunroof open, his hair tied back, with me leaning and inspecting every detail of his hairline looking for unusual root thickening, pitting...any characteristics that gave my critical eye reason to question or criticize. What I viewed was the best HT hairline I've seen, and what I deem the answer to hairline refinement in those that have unsuitable head donor characteristics for the task. No word picture I describe can replace viewing in person, but I will state the hairs were approx. 1.5" long with a fine diameter perfectly transitioned from his old unnaturally thick hairline to three subtle peaks of beautiful design. The hair length is only noticeable when combed forward and separated from the longer hair behind it, and when combed back lays as natural as any similar non-HT hairline. For some here it's difficult to believe a guy would meet, as sofarsogood does, without an agenda and simply as a helpful contributor to those interested in HT. That's his agenda, and I encourage you to consider a meet-up if you're ever in LA. And my agenda, since you'll probably ask? To post as little on these forums as possible.

Taz would be an excellent case study in his own right, as his initial posts had good photos and the timeline is over 24 months now. Has anyone sent him a private message, is his email still working? Posting pictures of his hair would be exactly what this thread is lacking.

Originally posted by wylie:

Taz would be an excellent case study in his own right, as his initial posts had good photos and the timeline is over 24 months now. Has anyone sent him a private message, is his email still working? Posting pictures of his hair would be exactly what this thread is lacking.

i very much agree with this post wylie, sadly i bet we have as much a chance of taz comming here and posting his end results and giving his opinion, as we do of Dr. Umar stepping up to the plate to address Bill's valid questions and the multiple cases umar did like taz's, and BIGGER... i highly doubt either will happen..

instead what we DO GET is atticus travling out of his HLH bubble to step in and cheerlead and now "trans" who just HAPPEND TO STUMBLE IN and make his first post about sofarsogoods 1100 thin leg hair procedure and HOW AMAZING IT WAS... when its CLEAR taz's case is NOTING LIKE SOFARS... im sorry but sofar HAD A FULL HEAD OF HAIR GOING IN!!! open your eyes people....

its clear to me where this thread is gonna end up... no update, no HONEST answers from UMAR, and perhaps a few more FIRST TIME POSTERS who just HAPPENED to stumble onto this thread in to slyly defend umar.....

its always easy to tell when ive touched on somthing controvesial... these forums are to predicable... i know what i know... but you people are free to believe the hype..

SIMPLE QUESTION UMAR.... DO YOU STILL PREFORM THESE TYPES OF PROCEDURES ON VIRGIN SCALPS OR NOT, IF SO WHERE IS ANY KIND OF DOCUMENTED SUCCESSES, IF NOT WHY???

cut through all the extra activity some posters are trying to bring to this guys and just ask for HONEST ANSWERS FROM DR UMAR, for once.

if not, atleast i know i tried to stand up for the test subjects like taz who IMO got the quallity of their lives GREATLY hindered by UMARS unproven claims

some perspective--- cases like this were being preformed only about 700 days ago by UMAR.

here is your dose of truth for the night guys. good night.

Lost, I don't know your history or the genesis of your anger towards Dr. Umar, but I've been around these forums since 2002 seeking repair from *Dr.* Michael Elliots hairline disaster. As many here, we're a work in progress, and have satisfaction creep following procedures. I was just checking out sofarsogoods hairline work to see Dr. Umar's work quality. You remind me of a less articulate *Fittest*, an old poster on HLH, but with anger management issues. If this is cathartic for you, then it serves some purpose, otherwise why not just meet Dr. Umar's patients who are available then report back with something real and substantive. Otherwise, it just comes across as self important, and a bit of a circle jerk. I'm sure you care.

Dear members,

I'm going to leave this thread open only for a little while longer, so if you have any new points to make, do it soon.

But since everyone appears to be circling around the same issues and making no progress, I think we ought to get ready to move on with other important issues.

Best wishes,

Bill

why would Dr Umar answer questions if he knows you just plan to lock this thread? thats what he wants anyway... for this thread to fall out of the publics eye...

locking this thread will do exactly that.. so any chance of Umar feeling pressure building until he all but HAS to address the questions YOU raised has now been lifted of his shoulders if he knows thic topic and taz's case will be locked....

i dont feel locking THIS thread and this topic solves anything and i dont feel its best for the community..that said, your the boss Bill and i respect your position. that is all, ive spoke my mind

I wanted to jump in and make a few comments about my personal experience with BHT since the beginning of my work with Dr Umar in Sept 2005. When I found Dr Umar BHT was in its infancy . At that time beard hair was not being used as a consistent source of available donor which I feel today is the first choice following scalp hair if additional donor source is needed. . Because I have been able to see first hand from almost day one how BHT has advanced and what has been learned I can say that the BHT revolution has evolved tremendously to what we have today. I can only speak from my own personal experience with BHT . I really hate to see the advancements made by Dr Umar so poorly reflectd by a few when so many have been helped by his dedication to the field. Whether they choose to show their work or simply move on and put their hair loss behind them is a personal choice for each .

My life was literally in a spiralling downfall due to the severe scarring/poor results I had allowed be done to my scalp over the years My hair loss began when I was around 17 (I'm now 38) . We all know how devastating it is to go through the initial phases of hair loss so everyone can associate with that. My goal at the time while I was in college (back in 1996) was to try and 'stay ahead of my hair loss ' before I lost it all . It didnt work out so well because the strip docs that I kept trying simply kept making my scars wider both mentally and physically. I ended up having to use a hairpiece which I wore for right at 14 years until Dr Umar began his work with BHT. I'm not too proud to say that I shed many tears at times trying to deal with what I had put myself through trying to find answers.

Personally I was very fortunate that from the first procedure my BHT growth was exceptional in my opinion.I knew that due to my extensive damage that it would take several trips to see Dr Umar . What I knew from day one and told by Dr Umar in my initial consultation in July 2005 is that it will take a large number of grafts (during that consultation I was told in the area of 15,000 + BHT grafts) due to my extensive scarring/cobblestoning/and overall need for coverage on a Norwood 6 area. I was also told by Dr Umar the result we are trying to achieve is one that will sllow me to provide sufficient coverage for the scarring /get rid of the hairpiece / and will present as light coverage due to the overall characteristics of body hair versus scalp hair.

My experience with body hair up to this point . A couple of first thought advantages/disadvantages

Advantages:

1)For many an indefiinte donor source due to body hair grafts available

2)Beard hair now available when needed ( I personally perceive beard hair as a seperate category and not necessarily considered Body hair)

3)Extractions without worry of scarring

4)Ability to blend with scalp hair

Disadvantages:

1)Large numbers needed in the higher (3,4,5,6,7) Norwood cases

2)Cost depending on specific patient cases/needs

As far as what a patients potential outcome will be that is something that should be completely understood before BHT is used . I cant stress this enough. Actual growth of BHT I dont believe is ultimately a limiting factor for most -rather understanding and accepting expectations from it I believe is the biggest dilemna for most .It cant be compared to scalp which is the mistake I see so many do. I do think BHT's role has become alot more understood by those seeking options for their hair loss issues but still unfairly related /compared to scalp results. The learning curve will continue to evolve . I for one am thankful that we are where we are today in the BHT field because I can say that I live in essentially a different world than I did 4 years ago before Dr Umar was able to begin placing my nightmare behind me. We all have different goals in terms of density /look/style etc when it comes to getting our hair back but we all have the same goal of putting it behind us.

I truly respect everyone's right to their own beliefs but I dont think that anyone's poor belief in a person/situation should overshadow a tremendous amount of advancement /achievement that has helped many overcome personal barriers .