Dr. Umar - 5300 FUE and BHT

Taz

Ability to blend with scalp hair

Personaly I would only use beard hair for scars on the back of the head due to bad strip scarring and maybe blending back towards the crown. You do not want those thicker caliber hair mixed in the front with native hair in case of further thinning . I have seen first hand beard hair planted in the front years ago and it did not look good when mpb advanced.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heliboy, you are the poster child for BHT. Your result is not only incredible, it is proof that it works, however, the problem is how often can such a result be replicated?

Answer: Not very often.

The success rate of BHT has never been determined, and, at least to my knowledge, its a "case by case" determination as to its effectiveness.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Taz post recent pics of his successful result, but the reality is it does not work on everyone, and may not have on him. And I dont think there is any clear explanation for why it does with some and does not with others. There will always be justification in having doubts as to its efficacy. And I agree with you on beard hair, and think its success rate is higher than hair harvested elsewhere, largely due to its relative proximity to the scalp. A more coarse texture also may mean less transection by whomever is removing it. If your beard hair closely matches the texture of your scalp hair, you can end up with a huge resource of donor. For many, the beard color and texture is much different than their scalp hair though