If you want terrible results, I suggest Dr. Shagufta Khan

I have included a few angles and purposefully left them somewhat big so you can see how it looks. They actually make it look a lot better than it

is, as in certain lighting it looks like I have almost no hair at all. My first HT was supposedly 1200 grafts, but I don't know how that could be when I see 100000000x better results in other patients with similar amounts. I am really not happy with my results whatsoever. Her technique seems to almost be mini-grafts, which lead to almost no density and coverage.When I showed her a picture of the hair line I would like (included from senior year high school), she said that made me look bald and that she wouldn't do it that way. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the transplant supposed to be what the patient wants and will be happy with? Dr. Kahn really rushed us into getting the surgery done and I really regret it now. I should have done more research and realized that 21 was probably a bit too young to do it and that Dr. Kahn does not get good reviews. I was young and wanted the problem fixed. So instead of filling in the areas that I was losing, she decided to take a mere 1200 grafts and try to make me a completely new hairline. I'm no expert, but I know the area she covered should have easily been 2000+ grafts, and probably more. Also, she did not blend the areas well that meet with the fuller hair, made the hair flow back rather than forward (I don't have a medical doctorate and even I know that hair flows from back to front) and didn't fill in certain areas because, according to her, there was still some hair there (that was pretty much sparse). So here I am, in pretty much the same boat I was before. I sadly have to revert to using cover ups to darken the hairs to give the illusion (not a great one at that) of density, and constantly am having to buzz my head. I know that letting is grow out would not look desirable. Basically, she made me look like I am balding even more than I was because it's a larger area now. I have made it a point to look at men's hair and how hair should look, and it's not like this. So now I am looking at Dr. Konior and wondering how and when I will be able to fix this mess. It just sucks because it totally is a confidence buster.

7161086273_4AB67BBCC85F9369E91B3050C163410D.jpg.thumb 6161086273_48BC55E159787BED8CB84FBACD8D2E5E.jpg.thumb 5161086273_19A103E25333F75AA706BD5888DD6851.JPG.thumb 4161086273_957D29A369B91118DE97D2F7525E220A.jpg.thumb 3161086273_D94D46C6038A28FACE3E1ABD6598CC9E.JPG.thumb 2161086273_B6D128FB7918D6EFF17DD5BAF6BFF35B.jpg.thumb

I have included a few angles and purposefully left them somewhat big so you can see how it looks. They actually make it look a lot better than it

is, as in certain lighting it looks like I have almost no hair at all. My first HT was supposedly 1200 grafts, but I don't know how that could be when I see 100000000x better results in other patients with similar amounts. I am really not happy with my results whatsoever. Her technique seems to almost be mini-grafts, which lead to almost no density and coverage.When I showed her a picture of the hair line I would like (included from senior year high school), she said that made me look bald and that she wouldn't do it that way. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the transplant supposed to be what the patient wants and will be happy with? Dr. Kahn really rushed us into getting the surgery done and I really regret it now. I should have done more research and realized that 21 was probably a bit too young to do it and that Dr. Kahn does not get good reviews. I was young and wanted the problem fixed. So instead of filling in the areas that I was losing, she decided to take a mere 1200 grafts and try to make me a completely new hairline. I'm no expert, but I know the area she covered should have easily been 2000+ grafts, and probably more. Also, she did not blend the areas well that meet with the fuller hair, made the hair flow back rather than forward (I don't have a medical doctorate and even I know that hair flows from back to front) and didn't fill in certain areas because, according to her, there was still some hair there (that was pretty much sparse). So here I am, in pretty much the same boat I was before. I sadly have to revert to using cover ups to darken the hairs to give the illusion (not a great one at that) of density, and constantly am having to buzz my head. I know that letting is grow out would not look desirable. Basically, she made me look like I am balding even more than I was because it's a larger area now. I have made it a point to look at men's hair and how hair should look, and it's not like this. So now I am looking at Dr. Konior and wondering how and when I will be able to fix this mess. It just sucks because it totally is a confidence buster.

7161086273_4AB67BBCC85F9369E91B3050C163410D.jpg.thumb 6161086273_48BC55E159787BED8CB84FBACD8D2E5E.jpg.thumb 5161086273_19A103E25333F75AA706BD5888DD6851.JPG.thumb 4161086273_957D29A369B91118DE97D2F7525E220A.jpg.thumb 3161086273_D94D46C6038A28FACE3E1ABD6598CC9E.JPG.thumb 2161086273_B6D128FB7918D6EFF17DD5BAF6BFF35B.jpg.thumb

Hey man,

I remember you posting quite a while back. Your situation really sucks to say the least. If the doc ever offers to "fix-it" by giving you a complimentary procedure, RUN the other way! Though, judging by your post it seems you wouldn't even consider it, but thought I would mention it nonetheless. The worst part is that the doctor lowered your hair line considerably, leaving repair work by a *good* doc a challenging task. How is the scar? Your lucky on one front, that is that she only used up 1,200 of your precious, finite donor grafts. Although that's not much reconcilation, count those blessings.

Did you ever try minoxadil again? I recall it previously gave you fantastic results. This time around, I would *only* go to a world class doc; Feller & Hasson come to mind. This is your second go at it, and you don't have enough donor to spare! Good luck, and keep us posted.

I have not been back to her office since about 6 months, and I will never step foot in her establishment ever again. She is a total hack and she preys on people who don't know any better. $5000 for these kind of results?! The donor scar isn't terrible, but it isn't great. I'm lucky though, as she could have butchered me. Then I would have been an absolute mess. I just feel like a total schmuck and, while I'm not the only person to have gotten a bad HT, it still sucks.

Hi there

It does look poor work and a way too low graft count what she has done to cover that area.

Dr Konoirs work looks good as the results that have been posted on here i cant fault them.

If i were you i would get at least three consults to see if they all have similar approaches and then decide on who to procede with.

Good luck and i hope you get this sorted sooner rather than later.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

charge fella, i feel for you, i almost made mistake of going to Bosleys a long time ago when i was younger and more deperate...thankfully..i resisted and did a lot of homework ( i know this not a consolation) for almost 10 yrs before taking the plunge at Dr B Farjo in UK.

I would agree with ng2b ( tough name) there are some great surgeons on the coalition that can probably help you out. not sure where u are located but if you read through the forum, there are at least 10 great reccommended Docs in different regions. Try to research and convince yourself before take next step.

i think u will make the right decision in the future...there is good work out there!

all the best

FS

I currently go to school in Milwaukee and will be staying out here, so Chicago is a skip and a jump away. I am really considering him; I have seen of his work and I was amazed. Then I look at my results and just get pissed cuz there is no reason I couldn't have had similar results.

The Khan's are a disgrace to their profession, but it looks like you were the recipient of some of their "better" work, which is quasi-fortunate. Also, as mentioned, they didn't squander a lot of your donor. So, given that, and how exceptional some docs are at "repairs" and just HTs in general, I see no reason why your end results can't be very, very satisfying for you!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

i went through the same thing man. luckily the work isn't a butchering as you said and a top ht doc can use those minis as a foundation to give you some really nice density.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

ChargerFan,

Don't lose hope! Your results can be repaired by a doctor who is skilled in hair restoration surgery. With 1-4 haired grafts, placed between the grafts that were put up there previously, and oriented correctly, you can regain a natural appearance. Don't let your bad experience prevent you from getting it repaired.

The hairline being low is not as bad as you think. If you look at photos of people in their 70's you will see there are a number of examples where men have the hairlines we usually associate with youth and it does look natural. Ronald Reagan is just one example. So don't let it get you down. Hang in there.

I am a medical assistant and hair transplant surgical assistant employed by Dr. Keene

Dr. Keene is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

CF-

If you want to stay in the midwest, Shapiro is another option and he is up in Minnesota. He is an incredible surgeon!!

I wish, as I am sure others would agree, that you would not limit yourself to having surgery close to home. Do your research, take your time in making a decision, consult with as many doctors as you can (they are very timely in doing their consults), and ultimately choose a doctor that is best for you.

Eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Thank you all for the great comments! It really gives me some hope. I do know now the importance of research, although I wish I had realized that a year or so ago. I am happy with the lower hairline she gave me, so that's a plus. Now I just need to work on density. I'm just worried that it will take a long time to accrue the funds needed. I'm hoping that since there is some hair already, there won't need to be as much put in and it won't cost as much.

Hi ChargerFan8608

There is plenty that can be done to sort out your situation.Take a look at these links where outstanding work has been done to repair poor work

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=143259

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=143259

I hope you get this sorted .

Take care.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

ChargerFan,

Thank you for taking the time to post your hair transplant experience and photos. As you know, we welcome all experiences posted, good or bad.

Take some time and research diligently, but there are a number of elite surgeons who specialize in hair transplant repair.

In IL, I'd consider consulting with Dr. Konior of the Coalition and Dr. Keller who is also recommended.

To learn the differences between recommended and Coalition physicians, click here.

But don't let location determine who you ultimately select. Be sure to consult with and research all physicians you are considering for repair work.

I'd also encourage you to consider getting on Propecia and Rogaine if you aren't already on them to help stop future hair loss.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Its ERIE, Your hair looks almost exactly like mine. I had 1500 grafts from the HACK doctor from Boston Bosely. His name is Doctor Phillips. When i went back for a follow up appt and expressed my dissapointment he gave me an attitude as to say how dare you not be happy. As much as you dont like it, you had some growth " I had no growth" so now a good doc can fill it in and I think you'll be just fine.

• 4 weeks later...
Comments

Holy Cow! The physician (if you can call them that) did you a complete disgrace. I personally have had 3 procedures..and my first one..was probably similar to yours. I let a decade go by..and when I was in my early 40s (I'm currently 43) I had my second ht prcedure..and the doctor did a good job laying the hair line back..and just recently had my second ht procedure..where more density was added. My results are coming in nicely-very happy so far. Please consider a new physician to undo the mess that incompetant physician did to you. You'll be glad you did. I realize that it is very expensive..but your happiness/looks should make you do it. I'm glad I did..and yea, I did do extensive research as to "who" to use. That is paramount.

Email me if you want to..I'd love to talk to you about it. m9622@aol.com Good Luck

• Administrators

ChargerFan,

I'm sorry to hear of your poor experience with Dr. Kahn. Unfortunately, I'm not surprised as she has gotten many bad reviews on this forum over the years.

Several years ago, before much was known about her online, I did visit her clinic when it was in San Diego. I was appalled to see that even in their expensive four color brochure the patient photos looked poor.

I pretty much fled her office and I've never reconsidered them, as they appear to still be doing poor work.

Hopefully your post will save others from the same experience.

In terms of moving forward, I know that Dr. Konior is an excellent choice. He has done plenty of repair work and should be able to make really improve your hairline.

Please keep up posted. Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Ya, I hope that within the next 5 years I can have this all resolved. I hate how it looks and don't like getting my picture taken or seeing my reflection. Dr. Khan is a disgrace and, had she not pushed us into it so much and had I not been so willing to just take whatever solution presented itself, I would have never had it done with her. It's really sad to think that all this could have been taken care of in one procedure, and now it has to be 2 for one stupid area, using up precious donor hairs. I REALLY hope my post dissuades others from even considering her. While she is not a Bosley, she certainly should not be sought after.

• 2 years later...