Bosley or MHR

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really are doing a *great* job representing Bosley, btw...as I initially said, you are a very...."fitting" cheerleader.

I'm sorry if I don't mince words and it strikes nerves; and that I call a spade a spade when it concerns the well being of a kid who is being taken advantage of by a sicko shill. I stand by every word I have said, and I'm positive that somewhere in your wacko mind you may very well realize that you are completely full of shit....sadly, your too much of a coward to open your eyes...or, maybe you are just a total ass and enjoy being like that...who knows, eh?

Either way, I really just hope PowerRanger doesn't get totally screwed by you and your Bosley cohort, as I have repeatedly said.

And, fwiw, your last post was clearly written by someone so unstable that I am almost starting to think you are just some troll. icon_smile.gif

GG, Grace, your body of work speaks for itself.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Grace,

I think if you chose to stick around that you could add something to our community by "showcasing" your clinics work and technical data. I think it might help show perspective patients that there are some Bosley clinics out there that are producing positive results.

No matter how everyone walks away from this, let's remember that PowerRanger matters most regarding this situation. Thanks for your offer to work something out with him...I hope you'll keep us posted how that works out.

Sadly though Grace,

Instead of answering my questions regarding Bosley's results, you have decided to side step them by questioning my credibility.

This is a tactic in order to distract me from the point in order to back away from addressing the real issue:

Why don't you just answer the questions?

1. What have you to say about the fact that the majority of the public posters on this and other communities about Bosley are negative?

2. Have you compared the Bosley youtube video to the Hasson and Wong video links I provided? Do you think that the youtube video Bosley results are equal or better than those provided on the Hasson and Wong website for example?

Now for more...

Allow me to say also that even though I can be just as technical as B Spot, forget what I know about hair transplantation for a minute. Even the average Joe can see the evidence before them. Publicly documented Bosley results are typically negative - and clearly the youtube video is evidence of this.

This is the reality on the forums - sad as it is. I take no pleasure in reporting this...I rather all the Bosley clinics would step up to using the latest techniques. Currently, there is little evidence of this, at least, documented publicly. Perhaps your technical responses to B Spot will be the start of such positive documentation - now we just need photos of the work from your clinic.

By the way...

I am not the voice of the community...I'm only one person. I never intended my invitation to you to appear as if I was trying to speak for the entire community. My offer to speak privately was in case you wanted to have a one on one conversation with someone as opposed to being slammed by hundreds of posts and feel you had to address them all. It was an offer, not a command. Public posting is fine with me.

I think I'd like to see examples of the threads you are referring to about telling a 40+ year old to stop taking finasteride and hairfree to stop using minoxodil. You are most likely taking things out of context, because these are NOT typical recommendations of mine. I remember the context of telling hairfree to stop taking minoxodil and it was temporary since he just had a transplant. Regarding the other situation, I do not recall.

Clearly, however, you are sharing data out of context in order to attempt to discredit me. It's not working...

And...

What problem do you have with my calculations thread? Do you disagree with the information in that thread? Do tell!

Regarding laser technology...

You haven't even created an argument about laser technology so how can I argue with you? I have provided a thread with some technical information regarding the FDA approval of medical devices that even Dr. Feller, a well reknown physician has stated his agreement. So the only one who has provided anything technical is me. And then you have the guts to say that I am not technical? I could easily assume the same about you since you have also provided zero technical information - instead made a blank claim of its FDA approval - which is a typical marketing tactic to draw patients in. "Oh, it is FDA approved, it must work".

Regarding your answers to B Spot...

I found them technically sound. I'd like to know what size incision you use for 2, 3, and 4 haired grafts as well. I'd also like to know what type of cutting blade you use to remove the donor (single, double, other)? What is your philosophy for doing so?

But for the most part, I'd say you've given a lot of the good answers to his questions. Thought I'm not a fan of thinking of your particular clinic doing up to 3 patients in one day. I could see 2 if one was a smaller session - but 3 seems a bit much, unless there are multiple doctors at your clinic and you have a large staff of technicians. I'm glad to hear that at least your clinic is moving forward.

Of course, this doesn't answer for all of Bosley, just your clinic I assume?

But as often said, a picture is worth a thousand words. Obviously you have had enough time to post rebuttals to just about every single person who has written you...so clearly you should have some time to post some pictures! But it's about choices...you choose not to.

And lastly...

Thanks for the compliments on my physique. I guess I'll just have to have a little affair with the Bosley girl! Shhh...it's our little secret! icon_wink.gif

Seriously though...

You have to remember the "don't-even-consider-any-Bosley-clinic" mentality has come from Bosley patients posting their negative experience online. Perhaps you will stay and reconsider posting for your clinic so we can see what your clinic has done and can do.

Cheers,

Bill

Grace,

I appreciate the fact that you are considering returning the deposit to Power Ranger. I would like to see him spend a little more time researching things and if that means returning to your clinic so be it.

I for one will try to avoid the "Don't go to Bosley" mentality and look at each Dr. from an individual perspective. However inorder to do so means that I will need to see evidence of their credentials and abilities.

I don't think that I will change my mind about everyone needing a "BMW" when it comes to cosmetic surgery. When many of the docs are similarly priced why would you not seek out the best in the world for a procedure that will be showcased to everyone? I personally want the best, period. I believe that Shapiro is from what my research has told me. I flew and had consultations with 4 Coalition physicians. I understand not everyone is able to do so.

I was truly respecting your last post and appreciated your knowledge and wit, but was saddened to see you make some uncalled for comments. I would have guessed that you could have been mature enough to see past some of the posters remarks as you had to know that there would be some linching. I believe that if you stayed totally professional with your posting you could have been a great asset to this forum and to your employer. Can you imagine if you were able make inroads on this "mob mentality" forum?

I hope that you are sincere in your statement to help Power Ranger. That would be very honourable and a good business decision.

Have a great time on the vacation. Send photos--especially for Bill as you 2 have some connection. Only fair that he see you. icon_smile.gif

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Thanks for answering my questions.

It would seem that your office is embracing a better approach to hair transplantation.

I have been to Bosley and MHR consultations, albeit 5+ years ago. Some of your practices are much better and more refined, from your answers of course.

As far as technical data goes--- it is available for those who seek it. I read ALOT and I am also not afraid to pick up the phone when I need to as well.

I think you had an opportunity to really show that your particular clinic is doing solid work, but I do not believe you have represented them well.

Your employed by a clinic. You represent them both in the office and online.

The burden of proof is on you to prove your practices. Especially in light of all the lawsuits/poor results we have seen over the years from chain clinics.

As far as Dr. Shapiro/Dr. Rose--- yep, those are two of the doctors I believe in. Add Dr. Wong, Dr. Hasson, Dr. Feller, Dr. Epstein, Dr. Harris, Dr. Cooley, Dr. Nusbaum, etc... etc... etc... each of whom has a record of consistent results and high patient satisfaction.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Wow,

I go away for a couple of days & miss all the fun.

Grace, if you truly do have a Cornell education, then you sure don't act like it, & your writing skills would seem to indicate otherwise. Your responses do not do the reputation of the school or Bosley any favors.

As I stated, your ignorance, especially regarding the FDA approval of products is clear.

Regarding the copper peptide, as I stated, it may be beneficial for some, but for me, it was a waste of money. Maybe some more technical information will convince my hair that it should have helped it.

I sure hope I can understand all of the big words & technical information that you throw around. If you truly do have a public relations degree, you're doing a mighty poor job of showing it.

I realize that you being a 30 year old with all of that experience probably have way too much insight into the world of business & Hair transplants, and I don't know why I would even think that I or anybody else could tell you anything. It's clear that you know it all.

Grace, I'm sorry but reading your posts was like masturbating with a cheese grader; slightly amusing but mostly painful. This was a huge waste of time and effort. Unless, that is, this "clinic" has decided to refund his deposit. Grace had an opportunity here to truly assist and educate; not only her own clinic and doctor but the forum members and future patients who may be doing research. That opportunity has very obviously been squandered away. Who in their right mind would want to do business with anyone who has as their "representative" someone only capable of such pathetic, poorly written, ridiculous posts provided as so called "responses" to this situation? This is a professional? Representing a doctor? That's embarrassing. Remember that sinking feeling you used to get when watching Barney Fife make a fool of himself on the Andy Griffith Show? Guys, when was the last time you argued with an adult and were able to actually change their mind or get them to see another point of view? And I'm talking about a reasonable, mature, intelligent adult, let alone someone of Grace's obvious emotional and educational level? It just doesn't happen very often. So let's just quit here and hope Power Ranger is able to get them to behave like professionals long enough to settle this issue as professionals should. Good luck buddy.

Grace,

Thanks for checking out my photos, not sure how you were able to see the size of my winky though, perhaps you were fantasizing or maybe you just have winky envy. How is L. Bosley's winky doing these days? You must have first hand knowledge while working your way up that corporate ladder.

How is Bosley for repair work by the way?? You must have a lot of patients in need of repair, particulary ones you all have worked on.

To Power Ranger: I am indeed sorry for responding on your thread like this but I fight fire with fire. I am also sorry you hooked up with this Bosley woman who is unprofessional enough to share your confidential conversations with her about your hairloss to this forum.

NoBuzz

Hi yall, I've been quietly reading all this.

I do want to say thank you to everyone for helping me out. Really.

Also I do want to thank Miss Grace...

I got a personal check from her in the amount of my deposit FedEx to me today.... However the check has her personal name on it and not the Bosley Company. What does this mean? I hope I'm not taking her personal money away from her?!! icon_frown.gif Because if it is so, I would feel really horribly bad....

I tried calling Miss Grace but I think she has already gone on her vacation and won't be back for a while... I really want to talk to her about this gesture.... Should I cash the check?

PowerRanger,

I'm glad to hear that Grace has refunded your money.

I think that shows integrity and grace (pun intended) icon_wink.gif.

I am certain that the check she sent is NOT her personal money - though it is peculiar that her name is on it rather than Bosley.

I would go ahead and do whatever you want with the check without feeling guilty.

You are a nice guy PowerRanger...

I'm sorry this thread got out of hand. I hope in the midst of all the controversy, that you have not felt lost.

If we can be of anymore help to you, please let us know.

Bill

Guest wanthairs

power ranger....

You got saved......The reason why the money came from her account is obviously because she pocketed it to begin with. probably the deposit is her commission payment for robbing and maming the public. Cash it quick !!!!...

She really had THE CHANCE TO ACT proffessional on this site but chose to worsen the reputation of her company by all her insults to other people here. I think we should print out what she typed and send it to Bosley HQ so they can hopefully fire her and see what their idiotic employes are doing to the reputation of their already idiotic reputation that only millions of advertising dollars per year seems to save from the abyss....

Power, hang around with us, and you'll make the perfect choice......

Congrats, PowerR.

Again, I'd implore you to at least get an online consultation with, ideally, a "coalition doctor"....and/or post some pictures here....start to get a wholly dependable assessment of your situation, then start taking deliberate action. Regardless of what doctor and what treatment you ultimately decide, you have made an *excellent* decision in getting out of your (formerly) scheduled HT w/ Bosley.

I also 2nd WantHairs' idea...I do wonder how "Grace's" employers would feel about the way she conducted herself, and the specific things that she has said...certaintly, *threatening* others and acting like an escaped mental patient aren't part Bosley's corporate policy...

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

You guys are still bshing her after Grace returned the deposit, which is unheard of even from our esteemed doctors?

I think this lady was brutally attacked on here, was she not supposed to defend herself against the onslaught!

You guys say she acted un professional, Go back & read your own post.

Thank you Grace for what you did for PoweaRanger & enduring the insults.

Sorry for that. Some of these guys just love a good argument.

POWERANGER, CASH THE CHECK! Don't worry, I'm sure it doesn't come out of Grace's pocket.

She has bought you some time to do the right thing for yourself.

So take your time, learn some more, loose a few more hairs & keep talking to us!

Put that money back in the bank where it belongs for now!

Peace,

Grace,

I applaud you for your consideration and good business sense. In the long run this is a very wise decision and I truly appreciate the fact that you did this for this young man. Again, I personally will in the future look at each Bosley clinic as seperate entities but only will recommend when merited.

Power Ranger,

You are one lucky bastard. Take this opportunity to now go at a much slower pace and research the hell out of everything. You have been granted an excellent 2nd chance. I am glad for you brother.

Everyone else,

Ya it's fun to throw a few shots at those we disagree with, but I think we all need to know when it is also appropriate to rethink our stance. Please don't try to make this any uglier than it already has been. Do you really want her to lose her job--she did get his deposit back! We should all be thankful for that and atleast respect her for doing the right thing. Not to mention she was pretty good at the mudslinging and insults--damn she hung with the best of us. icon_smile.gif

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I agree with NervousNelly and Folica,

I do think there were times that Grace conducted herself unprofessionally, but all in all, I can understand her position to defend her clinic. Clearly she believes in the work that they do and we can't take that away from her. And even more importantly, she returned the deposit to PowerRanger, and I think that should be to her CREDIT and not another reason to discredit her.

Unfortunately, we will never know whether that particular Bosley clinic produces positive results unless she decides to come back and post before/after pictures with details of the surgery like many of our well respected doctors do.

I suggest we leave Grace alone now, and get back to the topic of helping PowerRanger with any questions he might have.

Let's move forward friends,

Bill

I want a date with Grace!

Well if I was single...

And a little younger...

Hope you had a great vacation Grace!

Thanks again for PoweRanger!

You are alright in my book.

I do not want to start a debate but would like to clarify my position.

I am Dr. Jerry Cooley's Personal Assistant, Lead Hair Tech, and Clinical Supervisor for Carolina Dermatology. I am not sure I need to give details of my position but I am salaried not paid on commission.

Dr. Cooley does not require me to participate in this forum. I do this to try to give a different perspective and because there were not many females who did post. Jana joined me and is actually much more active (good job), than I am.

If you ask any of my patients, (yes, I did say mine), you will find I answer calls at suprising hours and emails on weekends, vacation or holidays. Not because I have to but because I care.

Grace, I welcome you to this community but try not to make assumptions about the reason behind posts. I never try to tell someone to visit our clinic. I simply try to impart a piece of the puzzle that may be overlooked. A different opinion, and we all have them.

I am also Chair this year for the ISHRS Assistants Program. This is also something that Dr. Cooley did not ask me to do. It is also unpaid and a lot of work. I love what I do and I try to give back a little to show how I feel about this profession.

Ailene

Ailene Russell, NCMA

Dr. Jerry Cooley's personal assistant and clinical supervisor for Carolina Dermatology Haircenter. My postings are my own opinion and may not reflect Dr. Cooley's opinion on any subject discussed.

Dr. Jerry Cooley is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Aileen,

Sounds like you are very passionate and take great ownership in all you do. I also find myself in my job making/receiving calls and responding to e-mails at all hours and working through vacations and weekends. Like you, I don't really have to do this but I strive to provide a quality service and am a person of my word. I think you are a tremendous asset in your role and a credit to the profession.

Phil

Thank you. Kind words go a very long way.

I suspect I know the identity of "Grace" and I actually think she is caring but I feel it is important to realize that not all posters associated with a clinic are paid to post.

I feel your pain about the long hours but it is always so rewarding to know that you made a difference! Sometimes it is just listening to someone but every once in a while it can be just a small piece of information that might make the difference.

What I strive to accomplish is to educate so that someone does not jump into a situation without exploring all the options and knowing the long term committment they may be making.

Sounds like we have similar ethics and you must care about what you do.

Ailene

Ailene Russell, NCMA

Dr. Jerry Cooley's personal assistant and clinical supervisor for Carolina Dermatology Haircenter. My postings are my own opinion and may not reflect Dr. Cooley's opinion on any subject discussed.

Dr. Jerry Cooley is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Ailene,

Sounds like we have similar ethics and you must care about what you do.

You've hit the nail on the head.

It's about ethics.

Whether or not someone is paid to post here is irrelevant as long as their clinic is being represented honestly, fairly, and ethically.

I look forward to seeing more of your participation. Dr. Cooley does fine work from what I've seen, but I'd definitely like to see some recent examples. Are you planning on posting some for us?

Thanks,

Bill