Bosley or MHR

I take these comments as compliments.

I feel that most of the posters here do not have selfish motives. Pat told me a long time ago the reason this was all started was he had such a difficult time doing research on transplants. What was hype, what to ask what technique's are new or good, etc.

Most of us use our own time to help others with baisc knowledge so they can make informed decisions.

As soon as I get past the conference I will work on posting more photo's. I admitted I am electronically challenged!

As for my command of grammer and spelling, that seems to be hit or miss... whoever invented spellcheck knew me! The problem is I am often doing this in a hurry and just hit send before proofing. Oh well, I think most of you get the message I try to impart.

Regards!

Ailene

Ailene Russell, NCMA

Dr. Jerry Cooley's personal assistant and clinical supervisor for Carolina Dermatology Haircenter. My postings are my own opinion and may not reflect Dr. Cooley's opinion on any subject discussed.

Dr. Jerry Cooley is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, I did it again! I truly know how to spell basic.

Ailene

Ailene Russell, NCMA

Dr. Jerry Cooley's personal assistant and clinical supervisor for Carolina Dermatology Haircenter. My postings are my own opinion and may not reflect Dr. Cooley's opinion on any subject discussed.

Dr. Jerry Cooley is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Originally posted by Rhodeman:

Fact: Very few people get paid to post here, and those that do nearly always identify their affiliation with their respective doc/company.

Is this true?

Does EVERYONE who gets paid to post here OR who receives a benefit for posting (e.g. free or discounted work) note that fact in their signatures?

I have wondered this myself and think it is a good policy if it is true.

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

Originally posted by Grace:

Fact: If a doctor is good but do not want to pay, he will not be listed on this website.

-Grace

Yes, I think that is true. And most posters lean toward those clinics in their discussion. However, this website seems to be quite open to the POSITIVE discussion of other clinics in these forums as well. If the patients of other clinics wish to discuss their experiences, it seems that they are more than welcome to do so.

In addition, anyone can post a weblog documenting their results, regardless of where their HT was done. You can see mine below--my surgeon is not a member of this site, yet everyone is free to see his work in my weblog. Why not ask some of your patients to document their results here as I have done? If they are truly happy, I am sure that many of them won't mind. And it's FREE!

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

Tom,

It is already a policy. Directly from our terms of service below:

"All posters promoting or advocating a particular physician, procedure or treatment on this forum are required to divulge any compensation, monetary or otherwise, that they may be receiving in their posting signature. No links or references to websites or resources of a promotional nature are permitted on this educational forum."

Bill

Originally posted by Bill:

Tom,

It is already a policy. Directly from our terms of service below:

"All posters promoting or advocating a particular physician, procedure or treatment on this forum are required to divulge any compensation, monetary or otherwise, that they may be receiving in their posting signature. No links or references to websites or resources of a promotional nature are permitted on this educational forum."

Bill

That's excellent!

--

My Hair Loss Weblog