help neededon which one

Hiall, just found this site, and its cool, anyway im 40 now and am a 3v on the scale, taking propecia for 3 years now and all was good until 6 months ago when i have had eccess shedding,

i have had consultation with DHI and it does seem too good to be true, no scar only small dots which should heal quickly,

also looked at hasson and wong(dont know how much) but the results lookamazing,

im not after a full head of hair just keep what ive got and a little bit more, the crown is starting to thin slightly now of which is my main concern,

all advice appreaciated

regards

Hiall, just found this site, and its cool, anyway im 40 now and am a 3v on the scale, taking propecia for 3 years now and all was good until 6 months ago when i have had eccess shedding,

i have had consultation with DHI and it does seem too good to be true, no scar only small dots which should heal quickly,

also looked at hasson and wong(dont know how much) but the results lookamazing,

im not after a full head of hair just keep what ive got and a little bit more, the crown is starting to thin slightly now of which is my main concern,

all advice appreaciated

regards

Stay away from DHI. Are you in the U.K.? Can you post some pics? H&W are among the best in the world.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

AP

Use the search function on here and you can find answers to all of your questions...

Plenty of great info there!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

apichai,

I'm really sorry for the delayed response you received from this forum. Somehow we must have all missed your initial posts - not sure how that happened.

But thanks for being persistent. I think you can see that there are a number of members posting regularly helping others - but I'm sorry we missed you.

DHI uses a variation of the follicular unit extraction technique which does leave scarring in the formation of "white dots" rather than a linear scarring. I encourage you to use the "find" feature of this community to see what members of this community including their patients have been saying.

Dr. Hasson and Dr. Wong do incredible work using the strip procedure and have a long proven track record of consistent and positive results. If you are considering them, I'd strongly encourage you to contact them and setup a consultation. You won't be disappointed.

Best wishes,

Bill

thanks for the replies,

from what i gather with a transplant, you have limited donor hair so it should be used wisely,

if you fill up the front, and then the back starts going you will need to do this, at 40 im still vain , however at 50 + i would probably shave it all off, there fore having a great scar across the back of my head would bother me more than being bald.

if what these people are saying that there is no scar, then i feel this would suit me,

http://www.hshairclinic.co.uk/patients-gallery/3/#page_wrap

also alvi armani does this no scar procedure now, which seems to be the norm.

apichai

Image007.jpg.c2eff2093dc09876ba08806b92542f0f.jpg

saying there is "no" scar with fue is innacurate. you won't have a linear scar, but the scarring created by an fue procedure is overall larger. while this might be more esthetically pleasing, all that scar tissue spread over your donor area could be problematic for future procedures. also, a strip scar is only an issue if you intend to shave your head or wear it VERY close. i have two strip scars which are undetectable buzzed down to a #3.

regarding alvi armani, his fue megasessions are still relatively new and there are few patients 12 months out. go to hairlosshelp.com to see more examples of his work. oh, fue is also very pricey.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

apichai,

Don't let anyone convince you that there is such a thing as a "no scar" surgical procedure. Some clinics have even gone as far as calling FUE a "non-surgical" procedure which is highly inaccurate and a blatant lie.

What is true is that follicular unit extraction will not leave a linear scar going from ear to ear. It will however leave small white dots on the back of your head from where the follicle has been taken. I have seen some really excellent FUE cases where the scar is virtually undetectable (hence why it APPEARS like there is no scar), but I've also seen some horrible cases where scarring is quite obvious. Of course, the same can be said about strip. There are some scars virtually undetectable while others are obvious. Choosing an elite surgeon will help minimize these risks, but risks exist nonetheless.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 months later...

please please please dont have surgery with these people research for around 6 months on the forums first i can promise you one thing hand on heart mate if you choose this clinic they will ruin your life please reconsider and research coalition docs good luck buddy

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

Apichai

I would reinforce the other guys advice. Look at online consults with top surgeons as recomended on this site, as i think you said on your orginal post, the results are amazing!!

Do not let travel put you off, you can get the best surgeons in the world to perform your procedure for the same cost as local hair mills.

Good luck with your research.

Clive.

thanks for the swift replies, icon_smile.gif

i have been researching for around 4 months now, and yet still confused about fue or strip,

i see dr feller does fue ,and travel is not an issue , and i still feel if it works then this is for me, i also go along with another poster saying how barbaric strip is.

are there any guys here who have had the fue/fut procedure and what are the results,

http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site/view_shared?p=31bd6108e6d9f633e66aba

this guy seems to have had fue with no scar also with dr feller

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

well i had my consultation with Harley Street Hair Clinic (promotional link removed) was quoted ??3400 for 1000 grafts approx 2000 hairs using fut,

to define the hair line and insert some in the crown

i also got to see a guy having it done in the next room unlike dhi, the doc was from slovakia cant remember the name,said she uses a 0.5/0.7 punch ?

quote from bullitnut

please please please dont have surgery with these people research for around 6 months on the forums first i can promise you one thing hand on heart mate if you choose this clinic they will ruin your life please reconsider and research coalition docs good luck buddy

------------------------------------------

is this from personal experiances with this company or just the uk in general, there must be someone on this site who has had a procedure with this company,

as im looking to do something in the new year i still have plenty of time,

all advice and criticism appreciated

thanks

Apichai, Are you sure you got quoted ??3400 for 100 grafts because that works out at ??34 a graph which is the most expensive ever I think,and 100 grafts would not produce 2000 hairs unless you had 20 hairs per graft!!.Can you re-clarify your quote ?.Also a word of caution as it is well known within the informed HT community that there are no good surgeons producing acceptable results except the Farjo clinic who are recommended here and the fact that you dont know anything about the doctor hshair will use should spread fear through you,how do you know he/she wont ruin your head and it will be too late then,also they might be a trainee.I have no experience of hshairclinic but I have read only negative reports on them and HT is a very refined skill and there are only a small band out there that are doing it to highest level.There are plenty of guys here who have been maimed before by useless so called doctors and thats why this site has a coalition that recommends doctors that are consistantly producing good transparant results,to protect us from alot of future problems.If you dont want to travel to America,Belgium has the best doctors in Europe,just research and take on the advice and comments of guys that have knowledge of HT,good and bad.

HT 2006/7

looking at their photo gallery i can't say i'm at all impressed. none of the patients have their hair fully grown out and there's only a handful to look at. this looks risky, and risk is not a factor you want involved in a HT.

please don't be a guinea pig.

regarding your confusion about fue vs. strip, there are pros and cons to both procedures. you just have to weigh those out. however, there are very few docs doing fue and even less doing fue megasessions.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 8 months later...

20,000 a year, eh? Now let's see if that makes any sense...

365 days in a year. That would mean, on average, they perform around 55 surgeries a day (including weekends) Sounds safe and realistic...

I'd prefer a clinic that does under 300. Just my opinion.

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

Nizoral 1% 2-3 times a week

Fish Oil capsules w/ Omega-3

Research thoroughly and if you speak to people of the calibre of Dr Feriduni,Dr Devroye or Dr Feller you will be dealing with people who are great practitioners in the technique.We had a patient recently who had absolutely zero growth and a lot of visible scarring in the donor region via FUE.He was told the no scarring line and that it was not really an operation at all.This is why you need to get it right and the people on here are pointing you in the right direction.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

FYI, I chose a Dr. in South Florida who has done (or atleast claims) over 11,000 procedures.

Didn't make a difference. I turned out with horrible/pluggy results.

Quit screwing around with these off the wall clinics. Go with a respected Doctor, not the name of some hair factory where your fate is up in the air.

Go see Feller, H&W, Shapiro, Rahal, or some of the other extremely well respected Doctors in the US.

Be smart my man. Take care

Apichai !

STAY AWAY FROM DHI !! Check them out in the find section on this site .

Stick with a coalition Dr from this site check out there results choose a doc from here do your research !!

ej