Crown 1126 grafts

charlieb

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that looks awesome bro.

Dr Martinick seems to know how to make good coverage with such a low amount of grafts.

Also it dosnt even look bloody or fleshy like some of the HT patients on the forum. I remember her showing me her technique of creating the grafts to swirl like your natural hair. Now i have finally got to see her work.It looks like she did it here. I know its too early to comment but it looks like she did awesome job.

Looks fantastic so far for only an hour.

Please keep us updated cause i am sure there are many Aussies in the forum (including me) that would like to see more of her work and to get our HT done by her too.

Great work Dr Martinick.

Congrats CharlesB

Jojo

I agree with frog. There is too much pattern to this work. Yes, there should be a swirl to the crown, but the key is a natural swirl. I rather doubt that this is seen in nature. Moreover, how large is the crown? She appears to have extended things into the midcore region still using the same pattern. I am confused by this work from a coalition physician. Maybe I am missing something.

The work has been done with refined instruments so in that aspect I believe that there will be a good yield and likely things will look OK but it is a strange approach in my opinion.

I am curious to hear from Bill or Pat or other veterans. Any other docs seeing please chime in because I am very curious as to others thoughts. I always hate to say anything negative when someone posts their photos but I have realized that it is for the good of others.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

thanks for the feedback...i too notice it is in rows with 6 holes per graft...i think her theory is that they will overlap one another in a sagital way or something or rather, giving a more denser look from less hair, im quite happy with the results myself, i think when it grows in it will be unnoticable...my major work wasnt the actual crown itself but the region just above the crown which im not sure what it is called the vertex perhaps..

also maybe it is to provide the best coverage from only what was harvested...anyone else have any theories?, i also had some existing hairs there which seems to have disappeared in this picture , so maybe she is working around the existing hairs and once everything is grown in it will look rite? looking at it again i think it is a job well done and wont even be noticable

oh yeh i forgot to mention that she places different sort of follicles 18s, 19s, double, triples and together whatever all this means but although there is a pattern there is enough randomness there...thoughts?

I am wondering about the density that is going to be achieved with 1100 grafts in that area of the crown. I don't want to sound negative but I am not sure if the cosmetic improvement will be significant; also the patient is quite young, I think?

Guest wanthairs

I hate to sound defeatist here.........but ive seen some patients post similar corn row results on here by unknown doctors and everybody jumps in to slam their work. ........

Quite frankly, and not that I know very much about this, compared to other immediate pre-op crown work I have seen, these results look dreadfully archaic.

Charlie....dont take my view as gospel, hopefully she did something there that will work out and look good in the end, but if not, we all need to pay homage to Dave Joseph..

(in other words I do hope I am completely and utterly wrong about what I feel for your crown)....In any case even if it does turn out bad it can all be corrected and chances are later on in life you would need a second procedure anyway....

The pattern does not look natural more like a what you would see at the seating rows at a stadium. What is the reasoning behind this? I suppose when it is grown out it may turn out ok but agree with the above posters. Compare this crownwork to H&W or Dr Gable's recent work - big difference!

NoBuzz

I hope it turns out to be OK, but I don't know. First 1100 grafts are nothing, you need at least 4000 in that area. Second, I don't like the pattern, and since you will mose likely lose the rest, this is the only thing that will be visible.

wanthairs,davejoseph was given every opportunity to show his "butchering"on this forum and others but never did,so untill he does lets keep focused on charlesb,s proceedure.

i do agree this does look unusual,but i think we need Bill or pat to comment.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

charlieb,

I have to be honest....I am not thrilled with what I am seeing - at least, not if this is going to be a stand alone hair transplant.

Though the size of the incisions made appears adequate for standard follicular unit grafting - the grafts are spaced very far apart over a large area which means that there will not be a lot of hair density achieved with this hair transplant.

I have a few questions for you:

1. Is there a reason why you and/or Dr. Martinick did not opt for a larger session?

2. What are your long term hair restoration goals?

3. Did you and she discuss the need for subsequent hair transplant procedures?

4. Did Dr. Martinick describe her game plan with you and what she is trying to accomplish?

5. Was this a strip surgery or FUE?

I also not sure what you mean by hair follicles of varying types (18s and 19s). Follicular unit grafts typically contain 1, 2, 3, or 4 haired grafts.

What jumps out to me the most is that the hair grafts are placed in groups of 2 rows of 3 incisions with large gaps in between each group of rows. This will most likely lead to patchy hair growth with gaps in between each patch of hair.

I have sent a note to Pat, the Publisher of this community so he may evaluate these results as well.

Bill

i am in agreement with the majority here, i would not have gone with such a low no of grafts, in the crown..sorry if this sounds -ve. i think this will not look natural in my opinion when comparing with previous patients blogs & pics with same level of area in crown. but lets hope i am wrong

• Administrators

Bill,

Thanks for bringing this topic to my attention. I agree that 1126 grafts will provide limited cosmetic value in such a large balding area. In addition, I also have reservations and concerns about the spacing and pattern of the graft placement.

I will be contacting Dr. Martinick immediately to get a full explanation. I will be encouraging her to respond to this topic.

Perhaps she feels that while this pattern does not look natural immediately post op it will when it grows out.

I also will be insisting on seeing a broad range of her immediate post op results if she is to maintain her recommendation on this community.

Thanks for everyones input.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Guest wanthairs

jojo1 .....

Are you in any way financially or otherwise linked to the clinic that is the subject of this thread? If so please explain.

It really does look bad and unlike any other post ops from the top surgeons. Maybe there is a method and reason to it that the Dr. can explain?

Hopefully the final result will be to cb's satisfaction.

"Plan for the worst & hope for the best"

What i didnt mention is Ive have had a procedure done with Dr Molton 3 years ago, atm im 31...the surgery with dr moton was supposely 1200 grafts but he was utter shit and turned out to be 500 grafts...so in the pictures pre op those hairs in the middle area are mainly his handy work, so they will remian there when these others grow in...i guess the best thing to do is to look at the results when it grows out

To answer your question pat

1. the look i wanted to acheive was not the entire head but mainly the part above the crown and around it, she told me she couldnt do the bottom area, to leave room for future loss, she said if i can live with the top part done it would be 1000 grafts

2. my long term was this is the final procedure but i might decide on more since this experience has been no way bad for me

3. yes , but not how it was to be spaced etc, she knows what she is doing , but did mention layering etc, which i think she is trying to achieve here

4. seeno 1

5. this was a strip and she cut out the old scar.

let me know what Dr Jens reasoning is but im sure she knows what she is doing, and dont grill her cos i thought she did a great job...

"Perhaps she feels that while this pattern does not look natural immediately post op it will when it grows out."

I credit Pat for being exceedingly diplomatic and optimistic on this one, but in my opinion anybody who knows what they're looking at would consider this work disastrous. jagdish anyone? i would also ask how jojojo1 could find this to be great work without being a shill for Martinick. I, too, hope this grows out to be better than it looks.

L'Anonyme,

I would not compare this to Jagdish, different size graft incisions. He got minis, these are combined 1s to add density - DFU's and TFU's. The incisions do not look large enough for minis.

On the other thread Charlie mentioned that 2000 hairs were transplanted, for 1200 grafts which means he is loaded with 1's and 2's. His hair does look thin in the donor, asian maybe?

Not taking up for her in any way since I do not like the pattern, but it may not be a disaster. I think Jagdish got old technology, this looks like Charlie has weak donor traits and will fight an uphill battle to acheive any density. Maybe JOJO has not seen other crown work on this site by H&W, Felller, Gabel etc.

By the way he paid over 9$ a graft for this!!!!! WTF.

NoBuzz

Charlie,

I am glad that you feel satisfied with your experience. The truth is however, that the immediately postoperative results are questionable and not what many members (including myself and Pat) are used to seeing on a regular basis by those hair restoration physicians performing ultra refined follicular unit grafting.

Though it is the end result (1 year postop) that will matter, one can tell a lot by the immediately post op photos. I have made my observations already so I won't repeat them again.

Of course, we all do wish you the best given the circumstances - but please understand that you will not achieve a significant cosmetic improvement with this surgery.

L'Anonyme,

I agree with nobuzz that these immediately postoperative results cannot be compared to that of what was performed on Jagdish however, the call of concern is the same.

Pat has already sent an email to Dr. Martinick on the matter and we are awaiting her response.

Thanks,

Bill