Almost 4 months I guess its growing.

worried

Decided to post again after trying to be patient. From what I see at least my shock loss hair seems to have come back. The hairline has hair growing but to me its thin and kind of funny looking. I had 2200 graphs starting in the front and going toward the back. I started propecia day after surgery and minoxcidil a month after surgery. There is fine hair growing on the crown but I dont know if its the drugs or the graphs. I know the graphs on the crown are spaced thin on the crown area. I know I will probably want a crown job after this since that was my major objective. Also I hope the front grows allot more and fills in. Any comments good bad , indifferent? I guess I should put these pics in my blog for comparison. Not sure how to do side by side comparison pics like some others here.

http://www.hairlossweblogs.com/home-page.asp?WebID=59

worried... hang in there! You're really not going to see a aesthetic difference until you have a couple months of solid growth. You should be pleased in another two months.

Yes, initially the hair comes in kinky and lighter in color, smaller in diameter and coarser in texture than your existing hair. However, at month 14 (after several cuts) it will be soft and you will not be able to tell the difference between the HT hair and others. In addition, yor HT will likely gain density until mo. 12. However, don't expect much density gain after mo. 7. After mo. 7 all the gains are what I said above and your hair will grow in diameter.

Hang in there! I know it's tough. I just had a second HT May 22. Not being a newbie I know what to expect, but it still sucks.

I would like to add one additional thing. The info above is based on my experience only. My first and now second HT has began to grow before two months post op. If you didn't experience growth until later you may want to push forward the time periods I provided.

If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy -Steve Smith 'The Red Green Show'

Hi all

7 months into my 2nd HT ( 1417 and 1476) the BOOM is starting to kick in. I know it sucks but trust me, it comes! Somtimes so gradual you cannot notice.. Recently my hair is much fuller and is filling in nicely. I recall I had the best results at around 10 months or so in the first.. Screw it, we are growing hair as opposed to losing it..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Worried,

Looks like you're starting to come along. A couple of things........

Your growth looks very normal at this point. You've been sprouting and have noticeable growth but not much aesthetic value...........I'd say around the 6-7 month mark you should see a pretty noticeable difference.

Results with Propecia vary and it can sometimes take up to a year to see anything so stay with it. If you do get regrowth, the most likely place for it to occur is the crown... icon_wink.gif.

If you have enough "crown fuzz" and a little hair to cover over, dermmatch may work. It's only $29.95 for a disc and you get one for free with your first order............give it a try and see if it works.

Hang in there...........thanks for the update.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Mrjb:

I just passed the 6 month mark on 2,400 grafts. I have continually been cutting my hair short because the hair is not really groomable. I am now letting my hair grow and recently when going out to run I decided to leave the hat and just put sunscreen lotion on my head. Well that effect gave me a good impression of where I am heading with the hair under control. With the hair shaft made thicker from the lotion and laying down you can really appreciate the coverage you may gain. It is sort of the reverse of the way things used to be. When I was losing my hair, if my hair was wet or oily it looked thin. Now when I get out of the shower with my hair wet it lays down and covers my head. Same with the suntan lotion--it makes my hair lay down and provides more coverage. I think I am one of the folks that will not know where the HT will be until a full 12 months. Some of the pictures on this site, at even 4 months blow me away. Those lucky folks must must have a great blood supply to their heads and great recovery genes.

Hi Wes

Wait until 7 months which was my turning point. Also, you may have improvements but without pics , before and after side by side , it's tought to see

Patience and it will come

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

"worried,"

For what it's worth, looks like you're coming along smoothly...I can see a distinct difference between the "2 weeks, 2 days" shots and the 4 month ones, and as people have said, the best is yet to come!

One word of (hopefully) encouragement...I too have finer-textured hair, and length is the key -- I suspect that, once those shorter hairs get to styling length, you'll really see the payoff.

Hang in there!

Benjamin

Hey what's going on guys??

I am also a slow bloomer. Just little over 5 months, and not seeing much growth. Is there anything that people with faster growth do compare to slow bloomers? I know there're several factors like blood supply, genes etc. But is there anything that a patient can do to achieve maximum benefit? such as exercise or better diet etc?

KG

Hi

Patience is the best treatment for our growth ( myself included).. As I mentioned earlier, don't start expecting big things prior to 7 months.

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

For what it's worth I take msm and use proscar and minoxcidil. Also I eat healthy always, work out (strenght training ) 3 times a week and cardio 3 times a week. In between I work 12.5 hours at a machine shop(not sitting on my ass either, nights. Also I scuba dive almost every weekend if possible ,chasing lobsters around in Gloucester mass.Sometimes there chasing me it depends on the size. They look 33 percent bigger underwater also. The equipment weighs about 70 lbs on the back. Two weeks ago I did 31 dives in aruba and domonica and came home needing a vacation. If this stuff works I should have hair growing out my ass and the bottoms of my feet. But I have nothing to compare it to.

Scott,

You're just at the beginning stage of growth at 4 months. It sounds like you're doing everything right as far as getting optimal growth with Proscar/Rogaine, etc.. You'll get about 50% of growth by 6 months and 100% by 9 to 12 months post op. It may be hard, but try to keep your mind off your hair for another 6 months. Best of luck. I hope your expectations are met.

Worried

You might be doing too much aka overtraining..Our body regenerates while you sleep not while "training" ( i.e. muscle growth, etc.) At 4 months you are not going to see anything no matter what you do. I think many of these "speed up" supplements are just a waste ( not including Prop & Minox)... Give it time

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I would tend to agree with that although I will tell you that MSM made a huge difference in the rate it grows. Wow, I thought I was in shape, man you schedule would kill me.

good luck to you.

Hi

I took MSM but didn't like to take something extra everyday.. I have heard good things about it..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 1 month later...