Cure for Dandruff

Hi,

An extremely good cure for dandruff is curd.

Curd is to be applied on the scalp and left for 1 hour after that wash your hair with a good shampoo.

Curd makes the hair dandruff free and it also works as a natural conditioner.

It gives a silky look to your hair.

Regular use of curd on the hair gives very good results.

I have been applying curd once a week since 6 months and it's given me great results.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Use coconut oil, with a dash of fresh lime juice, Tulsi leaf crushed and a dash of camphor and small onion crushed: rub well into scalp, leave for a few minutes then wash off, use some good shampoo. Do this a few times, over the next few days, your hair will be healthy and good!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i use a wash with warm water with lemon juice or apple cider vin.

but suprisingly, what has improved my hair greatly was an egg mixed with some rosemary and garlic

gives my hair good body, makes it strong and shiny..

of course i do this b4 i shower, and i shampoo afterwards

The most common cause of dandruff is seborrheic dermatitis, a mild scalp inflammation with excessive fatty secretions that usually starts as dry or greasy scaling of the skin, but may progress to yellow-red scaling bumps along the hairline, behind the ears, in the ear canals, on the eyebrows, on the bridge of the nose, in the folds around the nose, or on the breastbone. Don`t pick or your scratch scalp, as this will only exacerbate your condition.

When infants get dandruff, it is called cradle cap, which is a yeast problem. Many skin experts in Europe consider dandruff in adults to also be a yeast problem. In other words, dandruff is often an external symptom of an internal problem. Therefore, dandruff treatments can be similar to those for treating candidiasis.

I am spam

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

There's a company called Best of Nature that offers a Dry Scalp Remedy that worked for me as a cure for dandruff. (promotional link removed by moderator)

I have scalp psoriasis, and I find that this remedy is very helpful! Hope it works well for you too.

• 1 month later...

I agree with sashi that curd is good cure for dandruff.

Some more tips to cure dandruff are:

1.Two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds should be soaked overnight in water and ground into a fine paste in the morning. This paste should be applied all over the scalp and left for half an hour. The hair should then be washed thoroughly with soap-nut solution or acacia concinna.

2. The juice of snake gourd has been found beneficial in the prevention and treatment of dandruff. The juice should be rubbed over the scalp for this purpose.

3. Beets have been found useful in dandruff. Both tops and roots should be boiled in water and this water should be massaged into the scalp with the finger tips every night. White beet is better for this purpose.

4. The hair should be washed twice a week with two tablespoons of green gram powder mixed with half a cup of curd.

5. The use of a teaspoon of fresh lime juice for the last rinse, while washing the hair, is another useful remedy. This not only leaves the hair glowing but also removes stickiness and prevents dandruff.

• 5 months later...

There doesn't seem to be a cure for dandruff. Whatever you use the dandruff will come back again if you stop using it.

I developed dandruff at 18 for no apparent reason and suffered from a terrible itchy scalp particularly during the night (presumably aggravated by the warmth), plus an embarrassing shedding of white scales. I believe this probably accelerated the process of hair loss, although it probably did not cause it.

I found Head and Shoulders/Vosene/Selsun etc utterly useless with the best shampoos being the mildest.

Recently I found that Schartzkopf Bonacure dandruff lotion (which you leave on and don't wash out) be excellent, I also used Nizoral but experienced awful unexpected effects see:- (promotional link removed) but I am sure they don't happen to everyone and otherwise it was pretty good at keeping dandruff at bay. Use it with caution though!

The other tips I found was that canesten cream 2% was great at treating particularly nasty patches on my scalp, I am sure if someone made a shampoo it would also be effective, but you just can't get enough cream on your scalp to really find out if it can control your dandruff.

Another interesting observation was my dentist once prescribed me metronidazole tablets for a dental infection and this seemed to really help my dandruff as well.

Whatever I used I found that nothing actually cured the problem, but did it was possible to avoid the constant itch and flaky scalp.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Try to clean your hair everyday to improve circulation and remove any dandruff flakes.There are different methods to get rid of dandruff. one way is Massage the coconut oil into the scalp with fingertips or a brush, then rinse the scalp with hot water for 10 minutes.

A lot of shampoos for dandruff contain coconut oil and also salicylic acid, but these are treating the symptoms by cleaning off the flakes rather than treating the cause, which as someone has said earlier is a nasty little yeast infection that is difficult to get rid of. I've suffered from dandruff since I was 18 and it was really bad! Recently I started using ProFusion shampoo for hair loss and found that that actually did my dandruff the world of good and I didn't need to use anything else. Has anyone else any experience of using this?

In the past I'd tried Nizoral but got some nasty sides, so I'd approach that one with caution.

• 2 weeks later...

I completely agree that curd is very popular and effective home remedy for dandruff. Keep a small quantity of curd for fermentation for 2-3 days. Apply this curd to the scalp and hair. Dry it for 1 hour and wash it off. It not only removes dandruff, but also makes your hair shiny.

(Promotional link removed)

Edited by TakingThePlunge

• 2 months later...

Dandruff is an awful condition although no-one ever died of it, it caused by fungus-like bug.

I used all sorts of products with no success whatever but I found two which are excellent. The first is ProFusion shampoo for dry hair, which I was using to slow my hair loss so the anti dandruff action was a real bonus and the other one was Bonacure Dandruff lotion recommended by somebody on this site, which is made by Schwartzkopf. You put this lotion on after you have washed your hair and leave it (i.e. don't rinse it out) and that really worked well. But I'm now using ProFusion every day, so I no longer need the Bonacure.

Edited by Future_HT_Doc
removed promotional material

• 4 weeks later...

A way to fix this is high levels of omega 3 fatty acids. Preferably krill oil from a good source like 'Now" Brands. Also,Iodine everyday if you are deficient (which you probably are).

Finally..This is pretty cheap. Get a non SLS shampoo. Preferably one with good healthy ingredients and not a bunch of chemicals.

Add some crushed lithium orotate and a small spoon of DMSO liquid to the bottle . It works just like nizoral just cheaper and more effective and will help the dandruff issue

• 2 months later...

pantene has an anti dandruff shampoo. What you need to do is leave it in for 2 mintues then brush your hair with a brush, one with a lot of bristles on it that are close together, then condition really well and do the same thing. Keep your hair really clean if that means washing your hair twice a day

• 5 months later...