NervousNelly at 6 months

NervousNelly

Finally 6 months have gone by. I am posting pictures and trying to demonstrate with similar circumstances to original photos.

There is no doubt that there is a definitive improvement. These pictures won't show everything and I just wanted to state that especially along the part side (in the 2 photos) there are still some areas with limited growth so this will only get better.

Even though I am fairly knowledgeable about the process of HT's, I am no different than anyone and have certainly gone thru the doubting stage and also am still questioning what the final results will be.

Keep in mind that things will improve much in the coming months and that although I had a procedure of almost 2900fu, the hair count is a little lower than average. This is possibly due to excision of poor old scar or that I just have a thinner donor even though it looks dense. Who knows?

Just a reminder that only the frontal 1/3 has had HT's.

Interested in hearing some comments. Thanks for taking the time.

9761057363_117953AD8760AC31F9D993E5EEB03BB3.JPG.thumb 8761057363_82EABEB1CC7D9E72D0CE42445B058019.JPG.thumb 5861057363_75023039D98C075A074A7A88567C27FE.JPG.thumb 4861057363_898FA051570D7DB5C8CC94F57AD05C44.JPG.thumb 3861057363_BFE3FD335C03522A8863E1A06FEE5EE2.JPG.thumb 2861057363_9745DAEC96BED19C326F7E1DE7D9B6DF.JPG.thumb 1861057363_CC94C4726D6644AAF9D2B34BFB6F4665.JPG.thumb

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

This is the link to my 3 month pics which if you look at the thread will also have the link to my preop and immediate postop photos. http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=145310

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Lookin' good! And the best months are just about to begin -- I'm jealous....going to have a wall of hair to style on command to NG2GB's every follicular, styling whim.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

NN,

I am very happy for you my friend, your results to date look very natural and I see no evidence of the old work. Your scar looks great and I think things are going to blend in very well once it all grows out. I think your month 8-9 will be awesome.

Keep your chin up, (hides the crown better, lol) your just ready to see some bigger changes now.

NoBuzz

Looks very nice for 6 months my friend. There will be much more in the next 3 months.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Very soft and natural. You must be pleased icon_wink.gif

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

NN!!

I am proud of you my friend! 6 months is nothing and you have much to come. Personally, I like the messed up 80's look better.

The next couple months will be very special for you

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

NN,

Looking great my friend for only 6 months. And you still have more co tome.

It's amazing how knowledge doesn't make you immune to the fear and doubt that everyone faces. I think it helps a bit but looking in the mirror having reality stare you in the face often gives cause to doubt. But as you can see, hair growth really does occur!

Keep us posted on your progress!

Bill

Looks like you're right on target. Let's see the mohawk look now. I'll even settle for the fauxhawk.

Your donor scar is looking beautiful despite the hockey helmet. Good job.

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the feedback. Don't worry I am certainly aware that it is going to take a few more months before I should expect to see some major changes. I will do my best to avoid looking in the mirror every minute.

Mrjb--I personally like the messy look too but unfortunately have to have the "churchboy" hairdo for my job. When things get a little denser I will likely sport the messy look more often. I am pleased with the soft hairline which allows for several options.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Thx for the new pics. Lookin good NN! Very natural. Sure wish I was at six months :-). Looks great wet too. Have you recieved any positive comments about your appearance from friends, coworkers etc. who don't know about the HT. With a nice pace of growth spread out over a year I can't imagine anyone every knowing without you telling them.

Flyby,

Yes, I have had a couple of comments about "you look different". I have also had a few strange looks at the hair and I am sure that they might be wondering something. For the most part though things are not too drastically different yet, but I am certain the comments will come in the future. Thanks for the comments and kind words.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Hey NN-- I think you look great, especially your scar.

At 6 months it it just to early to comment b/c your just getting into the real "growth months" --- but I really believe your going to be very happy with your growth and ability to style your hair as you choose.

However, before you try any new hairstyles, please post them on the forum so we can make sure your not crossing the line with your new hair =)

Anyway, your one of the best mate----we will meet up and have that drink at some point!!!!

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

NN:

Looks like things are coming along nicely...but like Bspot said..too early for judgment. I look back at my 6 month pics and see how really sparse it looked compared to now. It's a marathon, not a sprint...unfortunately.

It appears you have very good hair characteristics that will translate into great results.

I wish you all the best.

Glock08

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. True 9/22/06

4326 grafts

2129 1's

2168 2's

6545 Total Hairs

NN,

I take it the fauxhawk is out =(

Then my vote is the messed up look like everyone one else on here even tho you didn't ask for them. Your "church boy" look may need updating. You'd be surprise by how receptive (even at work) a new hair styles can be. Instead of looking goody, goody...you'll be looking HOT!!

does that mean I should stop wearing my turban to the bars? Janna do you have one of those Minnesota accents like on that movie Fargo? ya know what Im talking about---"Doncha' know? Golly in six months yall look reaAL super!!!"...? icon_mad.gificon_redface.gificon_mad.gif

NN, lookin good. Im sure you'll be one happy camper in another few months.

Janna,

The goody, goody look was also somewhat out of necessity. With old work a guy gets more and more creative to try ensure that it is not too visible. The new hair will certainly provide more options which will be welcomed. The messed up look has always been a favourite as it is simple. The fauxhawk is the coolest and would love to be able to adopt it but believe it will only be pulled off if I get a little more work done in the midcore and into crown. Time will tell. I am just happy to have some hair. Thanks for the feedback.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90