Hairbank's 3rd HT with Dr. Wong at H&W

hairbank

Well...........I MADE IT!!!

Arrived in Vancouver last night - met Master Wong and crew this morning at 6:15am - received the infamous "clown" haircut and 10 hours later the rest was history.

The grand total........2415 grafts. You always want more of course but this actually will fit my needs very well. We decided once again to hit the crown, densed up the frontal 1/3 and midscalp region and had enough left over for some much needed temple-work.

I really can't say enough about both of my experiences with Dr. Wong and the whole H&W crew. Jotronic was on hand with his studly head of hair and we chatted a bit in between breaks and may go out and get a bite this eve if I'm feeling up to it.........my two techs were awesome and Dr. Wong, as well as being highly skilled and artistic is just an all around great guy. I was always asked if I felt any pain, needed anything at all, the ordered me lunch.....a very comfortable environment and truly first class all the way.

People always worry about the pain........truly it's a non-issue guys. I was always prepped with "now this is going to hurt a little". All I felt was the vibration of the hand-held gadget they use and little pin pricks. Even now, the anesthetic is starting to wear off as I type this and I have yet to take a pill but may just as a preventative.

One thing different this time, at least I think it is......they wet down the recipient site after placing the grafts and tamp them lightly to keep the area clean. I think my post-surgery recipient site is even cleaner than last time. I have very, very few dried blood spots. The work is amazingly clean and I can't wait for it to come in. The nice thing is I already had a good stand before shaving down so I'll at least have some hair return before the new stuff comes along.

Joe helped me with Pics after the surgery but I don't have a cable with me to post them. I'll put them in my blog as well as in the photo's section sometime over the weekend. Hopefully my case is one that can help many diffuse thinners out there or those that have had their HT's in stages. I was a diffuse thinner before any surgeries and I think it makes it a little tougher for the Doc decide what direction is best to take when performing the HT. I've been thrilled with my results from HT #2 and can't wait for this to come in.

Oh, and BTW, my total is now 7501 grafts..........who'd have thought?? icon_biggrin.gif

Pics to come!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Well...........I MADE IT!!!

Arrived in Vancouver last night - met Master Wong and crew this morning at 6:15am - received the infamous "clown" haircut and 10 hours later the rest was history.

The grand total........2415 grafts. You always want more of course but this actually will fit my needs very well. We decided once again to hit the crown, densed up the frontal 1/3 and midscalp region and had enough left over for some much needed temple-work.

I really can't say enough about both of my experiences with Dr. Wong and the whole H&W crew. Jotronic was on hand with his studly head of hair and we chatted a bit in between breaks and may go out and get a bite this eve if I'm feeling up to it.........my two techs were awesome and Dr. Wong, as well as being highly skilled and artistic is just an all around great guy. I was always asked if I felt any pain, needed anything at all, the ordered me lunch.....a very comfortable environment and truly first class all the way.

People always worry about the pain........truly it's a non-issue guys. I was always prepped with "now this is going to hurt a little". All I felt was the vibration of the hand-held gadget they use and little pin pricks. Even now, the anesthetic is starting to wear off as I type this and I have yet to take a pill but may just as a preventative.

One thing different this time, at least I think it is......they wet down the recipient site after placing the grafts and tamp them lightly to keep the area clean. I think my post-surgery recipient site is even cleaner than last time. I have very, very few dried blood spots. The work is amazingly clean and I can't wait for it to come in. The nice thing is I already had a good stand before shaving down so I'll at least have some hair return before the new stuff comes along.

Joe helped me with Pics after the surgery but I don't have a cable with me to post them. I'll put them in my blog as well as in the photo's section sometime over the weekend. Hopefully my case is one that can help many diffuse thinners out there or those that have had their HT's in stages. I was a diffuse thinner before any surgeries and I think it makes it a little tougher for the Doc decide what direction is best to take when performing the HT. I've been thrilled with my results from HT #2 and can't wait for this to come in.

Oh, and BTW, my total is now 7501 grafts..........who'd have thought?? icon_biggrin.gif

Pics to come!

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Wow brother, that's terrific. Now we have almost the same number of grafts, though you have better hair characteristics then me it appears, and I think a bit more natural hair. So you are going to look quite studley! Look out ladies icon_biggrin.gif

I can't wait to see your pictures my friend. Post when you get a chance and in the meantime, heal and get some rest tonight!

Bill

Cheers Bank!!!

I am going to have to get on the ball now--- I can't have all you guys by-passing my graft totals!!!!

If I could 2400 more I would be happy as hell!!!

Congrats Brother---you'll be knocking the 25 year olds dead in a few months icon_biggrin.gif

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hair Bank,

Congratulations on your HT with Master Wong icon_smile.gif Wow, 7500 grafts....I am happy for you.

I am coming to you with one questions though. Did Dr. Wong up the fin. dosage for you or does he still feel EOD is working. I am asking this because I have heard the med might lose its efficiency after some time and you might have to increase the dosage. Just checking.....

Heal and grow well Hair(y)Bank!!!!icon_wink.gif

KamCal

3664 Grafts with Dr. Hasson - Oct. 5th, 2007

My Hair Loss Weblog

"now this is going to hurt a little". GEEZ, I thought Dr. Wong only asked ME that!

Way to go Hairbank...just FABULISH (a step up from fabulous). I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your day and really look forward to your pictures. They'll make for good weekend viewing. Take it easy and heal well.

UNC

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

Way to go Hairbank! 2400 grafts is nothing to sneeze at for a third procedure. Happy it went so well. Grow and heal well.

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I'm at day two now and feel great........didn't take any painkillers yesterday at all. Was a little weary at the end of the day but mostly due to walking from gate to gate at the airport for connecting flights! icon_wink.gif The only thing bothering me right now is the "clown head" look..........UGH, I so badly want to get the clippers and even it out.....I may do it today but likely will wait a few more days to let my new residents get a little more "attached" to their surroundings!

KamCal - Nope...staying with same Fin dosage. It's still working for me because the mild regrowth I experienced is still there. In Dr. Wong's words....."if it's not broke....."

NW5a - I'll get the breakdown in hairs from the clinic sometime - I did see them but just have never been that curious about it. My donor is in good shape. Dr. Wong was not as agressive with the donor harvest as I decided after reviewing my situation with him that I really didn't need 3500-4000 grafts to accomplish my goals. Actually, he said my laxity was great and I do have more donor hair if I'd ever want more work done....another 2500 would be no problem at all which is a great comfort though I'm hoping to cure my hair greed after this! icon_cool.gif

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hairbank,

I'm really glad to hear the procedure went well as expected.

You know, it didn't take me long to get the clippers out myself, I think I waited 4 days and then just trimmed really carefully around the staples. It wasn't pefect, but it was much more even. I think next time I'll just ask Dr. Hasson to shave my entire head before surgery icon_smile.gif

Heal well my hairy friend!

Bill

• Administrators

Hairbank,

Congratulations! You have given so much help to the members of this community over the years and you deserved the first class treatment you got.

Now, just to make sure you're not making it up, where are those photos?

Best wishes for a bumper crop.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Congrats Hairbank!

You are going to look like Elvis

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!