Old Work

WTF??? How did doctors years ago think what they were doing was a cosmetic improvement? When they saw the final results were they not horrified? Did they really like the work that they did? How could you look someone in the eye and say "there we go what do you think?"

Take a look at those nasty plugs in the photo section that were just repaired by Dr. Beehmer. I just don't get it! Can you imagine a plastic surgeon putting in pointed breast and it being acceptable? Maybe on anther planet.

Do you believe a doctor actually posted some pathetic photos of his work and asked us about our opinion? He obviously thought it was good stuff or he would never have subjected himself to such verbal abuse. This whole thing is very puzzling.

Sorry, just had to vent for a moment. I'm now cool. icon_smile.gif

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

WTF??? How did doctors years ago think what they were doing was a cosmetic improvement? When they saw the final results were they not horrified? Did they really like the work that they did? How could you look someone in the eye and say "there we go what do you think?"

Take a look at those nasty plugs in the photo section that were just repaired by Dr. Beehmer. I just don't get it! Can you imagine a plastic surgeon putting in pointed breast and it being acceptable? Maybe on anther planet.

Do you believe a doctor actually posted some pathetic photos of his work and asked us about our opinion? He obviously thought it was good stuff or he would never have subjected himself to such verbal abuse. This whole thing is very puzzling.

Sorry, just had to vent for a moment. I'm now cool. icon_smile.gif

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Yeah NN

I can understand 20 years ago because that was all that was available ( along with donkey Kong etc.) but for a 2008 doc to post is unacceptable

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday after viewing it. I mean how did those docs pull it off? "Would you like the GI Joe look or the Ken Doll style?" An absolute disgrace.

Unfortunately that is still the perception of hair transplants (or "hair plugs") to many people.

I agree with NN, and this really strikes a nerve wih me.

Remember back in the 1980's withou he interne, we relied on animated pics in the newspaper showing a guy who was bald, now with hair. You went to a shady consultant (at least I did at 23 and naive), he showed you pics of after photos of curly haired guys who already had a lot of hair. Naturally, no close up of the hairline or details of the procedure, only that it was like re-seeding the area. Thats what I was told. I figured these things would grow like zoysia grass spriggs. Spread out sort of and grow like weeds. DUHH. How dumb was I.

Anyway, luckily, I did not have that many done and they were repaired by Dr. Vogel. Nightmare is over but I would have never had plugs and I am sure many guys would not of had they known the real "after" result.

I will also say that when planted with in native hair, like mine were, they did not show till I lost the native hair so in my 40's, I had to address it. Thankfully, technology has evolved and plugs can be repaired as you have seen. Although it turns out to be a very costly process, it is well worth it to look natural again.

Not to scare anyone but he history of this procedure and how barbaric it was is documented here: http://www.angelfire.com/indie/hairtransplant/punch.html

For you newbies, at least now you have forums like this so you can learn much more than we did back then. Techniques are so much beter, night and day. But, HT is no walk in the park, do your research and choose a qualified doctor. Be wary of todays deceptions from places like Bosley:

"Its like a trip too the dentist"

"You can go back to work the next day"

This are deceptive tactics, it is quite traumatic to take a long strip of scalp, have hundreds of stitches or staples in the back of your head for a 10-14 days, then you have thousands of small recipient sites created as well. It all heals up in time, but my point is that you will want a week off at least for this. Two weeks even better!

Having said all that, it is worth it in many cases. If I were NW 7, I wouldn't bother to go thru all this for a so-so result, just accept baldness.

Hows that for a vent! LOL.

NoBuzz

Holy &@*%....nobuzz, what a harrowing website...I'd never seen the intra-op photos of punch/plug operations....JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!! To say nothing of the scalp reductions. I always wondered what could be the cause of some of the horrific scarring I've seen online....now I know....sickening.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

The worse part is they were obliged to report on these matter. As there is no statute on murder , which suffering has ended, the penalties for everlasting pain and suffering should carry a huge residual. AKA Crimes against humanity. How is that white wall looking these days doc's?

You can runwe will just haul you back. Simon Wiesenthal is going to look complacent when I am through. Take that last free breath.

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

"WTF??? How did doctors years ago think what they were doing was a cosmetic improvement?"-NN

I hate to break it to you, and venting certainly is warranted, but when you mention the plugs or old work as something that was done years ago is not exactly accurate. Unfortunately, there are many practicing doctors who still use the outdated techniques because they are quite simply easier to do and they do not require a large staff.

We had a patient last week who had work done in India just three years ago. "Doll hair" look was very much evident even though technically they were "mini" grafts and not plugs or punches. The patient said he should have known better when the price was only $500 for the whole procedure. The doctor must have been "practicing" as that particular clinic is still thriving. I've aske this patient to post his before and after with the other clinic as a warning to those researching ht. Sometimes if something sounds too good to be true it is. Buyer be aware.

whoa!that site turned my guts abit,and my guts are not easily turned.

got me thinking though, will people be looking at our strip proceedures in 20-30 years time and be thinking the same?

i for one hope so icon_wink.gif

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

I know that site is graphic but it is what went on and the truth.

Janna, I am sorry to hear that these cases still go on. I feel sorry for our Indian or foriegn country brothers who do not have the access to new techniques. These Docs in those countries need to step up here game or be exposed. I applaud those couple of docs who are open to scrutiny putting up sub par work. Hope they do not do further damage to guys though in the process.

NoBuzz

Several doctors, recommended on this site, performed this type of surgery with the same promises. "Touch up" was the hook for the supposed natural and advertised look.

Fortunately, Pat responded quickly, and those doctors no longer appear on the forum list.

I had procedures done in the late 80s to early 90s, and my results weren't terrible, but nowhere close to what was advertised. I had corrective work done, and I'm a happy guy.

Thanks to the internet, in general, and this web site, in particular!

My first "doc" Joseph Karamikian is doing mini and micros on a daily basis right off of madison avenue in new york and getting away with it. he's also charging by the area so you might think you're getting a megasession when in fact you're getting a "mini" session. I paid $7k for roughly 600-700 grafts.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

It's not just minis and plugs that are still being done in the world today. Artificial hair has still not been banned in many countries, including Japan and Italy. You guys wouldn't believe the damage that this can cause to the scalp. We had one patient that had artificial hair implanted in Tehran and he was constantly having to go back to his family doctor for infections. The more infections you get the scalp scars up more and more until you basically can literally have a scar helmet. Very heartbreaking.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians