2,085 graft in Feb 2009 - before and after

Ozguy

Well Juz, this is just plain poor. I assume this was a strip operation - it wasn't FUE was it? Anyway, I wouldn't be dealing with that clinic ever again unless through a lawyer. You obviously know about the Sydney surgeons. I would look at the airport (and the international terminal) as your next step. Good thing you don't seem to have any obvious disfigurement. Hoping you scar is decent (if it was strip). Good luck

Hi Scar5 - are you Australian also? I definitely had a strip technique and to be fair he did a great job with that. The scar is barely detectable.

When (and I do mean when) I get another HT I am going international and will only pick a surgeon recommended on this site. That's confusing enough as there is a huge range in price and location alone! I am leaning towards a couple of surgeons in Canada but it's so far away from Aus!

Ah ok. Thanks for that, I am definitely considering Dr Hasson, I've already been in contact with the clinic. I just have to work out if I can afford it. I've also been talking to Dr Path, and have just requested a consult from Dr Shapiro and Dr Rahal. They all seem to do great work, and I wish I didn't have to think about money but of course it's a consideration.

15 hours really isn't that bad a flight. I thought it might be a good idea to stop off in Hawaii on the back to recover.

• 8 years later...

Well, the Doctor who performed my first hair transplant surgery has had his medical licence suspended. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4974222/Disgraced-Doctor-Blackstock-medical-licence-suspended.html

This sux so bad .. can’t believe ur original post was 8 years ago .. what a joke that clinic said u got some growth .. just horrible how this industry is sometimes .. they take it lightly when results don’t go well .. to them it’s cosmetic .. it’s no big deal .. fuk yeah it’s a big deal .. hope that joker of a doctor gets jail time . U know they were up to no good when the medical license got suspended .. 

did u ever get a partial refund or anything ? I’m mad for u .. it looked like nothing grew on ur head .. 

Thanks Legend007. No, no refund was offered nor did they take any accountability. It appears that the clinic that performed the operation is no longer operates so I wouldn't know where to go to seek redress. Although there is a lawyer representing some of his patients that were disfigured by poorly done breast implants and I am considering reaching out to them to see if there is anything that can be done. 

In good news, I went on to have a 2nd hair transplant with Dr Rahal in Canada and that procedure was very successful and I'm still happy with the results 7 years later.  

Good to hear u got repaired ozguy .. n that u happy with things .. yeah I would let it go with that wannabe clinic .. it’s too stressful to deal with buisinesses that take advantage of others ..   .. gosh 8 years eh .. thanks for coming back for the update .. it’s good for others to know .. people should come back n update their threads like u did .. it’s helpful .. :)

7 hours ago, Ozguy said:

Thanks Legend007. No, no refund was offered nor did they take any accountability. It appears that the clinic that performed the operation is no longer operates so I wouldn't know where to go to seek redress. Although there is a lawyer representing some of his patients that were disfigured by poorly done breast implants and I am considering reaching out to them to see if there is anything that can be done. 

In good news, I went on to have a 2nd hair transplant with Dr Rahal in Canada and that procedure was very successful and I'm still happy with the results 7 years later.  

That’s great to hear you managed to turn things around. Can u post ur results after Rahals work? How many grafts did u get?

30 minutes ago, jj51702 said:

That’s great to hear you managed to turn things around. Can u post ur results after Rahals work? How many grafts did u get?

Hi jj51702 - you can check out details of my HT with Dr Rahal here:

• Like 1

Terrible you had to go through that ordeal Ozguy , same thing still happening today, if anything it's more like the wild west out there with dodgey clinics, not  just in Turkey either, UK is full of them, only about 2-3 good ones . Glad you got it sorted .

• Like 1

Terrible you had to go through that ordeal Ozguy , same thing still happening today, if anything it's more like the wild west out there with dodgey clinics, not  just in Turkey either, UK is full of them, only about 2-3 good ones . Glad you got it sorted .

Agree Mick50. Most docs in the business only perform HT's part-time now. We can blame ARTAS and Neo-graft for that. 

On 8/19/2018 at 7:22 PM, Mick50 said:

Thanks Mick50. Finding this forum and then finding Dr Rahal was a godsend. 

Just read through this thread. So pleased for you that it had a positive conclusion. The pics after your transplant with Dr. Rahal show an absolute night and day transformation from your earlier failed procedure. Congrats.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.