Hairbank has hair greed....going in for #3 with Dr. Wong

Attention.....this meeting of Hair Greed's anonymous is now called to order. We have a new member to introduce........Hairbank! (audience claps)

Hairbank: Hi, my name is Hairbank, and I have Hair Greed icon_frown.gif !

members in unison: HI HAIRBANK!

Hairbank: It all started after HT #2............I was satisfied for a time, but then, it happened! I saw someone who resembled me before any hair loss............great density, minimal temple rescission, a thick crown..........aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh icon_mad.gif!

Okay, really, I just want more hair, LOL!

Just wanted to mention to the community that I'll be going back into the more-than-masterful hands of Dr. Wong again on August 17th. I'm very pleased with HT #2 but hey, can you really have enough hair (or hair product??)??

My goals are to fill in the temples/widows peaks a good bit, lower the hairline around 1 to 1.5cm, then thicken up everywhere. My estimation so far is as follows:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>temple/widows peak/hairline work: 1500 grafts<LI>front half: 1000-1500<LI>back half/crown: 1000-1500<LI>total harvest: 3500-4500 (laxity and donor dependent) or more!!

After HT #2 I was told I still have a good bit of donor hair left so hopefully there will be enough for a plentiful harvest. During HT #2, my scar from HT #1 was excised and it was a tad wide in a couple places. Since my scar is now paper thin with hair growing through, I hope it will increase numbers somewhat. I will be faithfully stretching my scalp with Jotronics "scalp exercises" so who knows.

My goal before the HT is to post updated pics and attempt to highlight what areas are to be hit.

Thanks to everyone here at HTN for all you do for the community. I've enjoyed being a part of it and will continue to hang around for who-knows-how-long!

Viva La Follicle!!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Attention.....this meeting of Hair Greed's anonymous is now called to order. We have a new member to introduce........Hairbank! (audience claps)

Hairbank: Hi, my name is Hairbank, and I have Hair Greed icon_frown.gif !

members in unison: HI HAIRBANK!

Hairbank: It all started after HT #2............I was satisfied for a time, but then, it happened! I saw someone who resembled me before any hair loss............great density, minimal temple rescission, a thick crown..........aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh icon_mad.gif!

Okay, really, I just want more hair, LOL!

Just wanted to mention to the community that I'll be going back into the more-than-masterful hands of Dr. Wong again on August 17th. I'm very pleased with HT #2 but hey, can you really have enough hair (or hair product??)??

My goals are to fill in the temples/widows peaks a good bit, lower the hairline around 1 to 1.5cm, then thicken up everywhere. My estimation so far is as follows:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>temple/widows peak/hairline work: 1500 grafts<LI>front half: 1000-1500<LI>back half/crown: 1000-1500<LI>total harvest: 3500-4500 (laxity and donor dependent) or more!!

After HT #2 I was told I still have a good bit of donor hair left so hopefully there will be enough for a plentiful harvest. During HT #2, my scar from HT #1 was excised and it was a tad wide in a couple places. Since my scar is now paper thin with hair growing through, I hope it will increase numbers somewhat. I will be faithfully stretching my scalp with Jotronics "scalp exercises" so who knows.

My goal before the HT is to post updated pics and attempt to highlight what areas are to be hit.

Thanks to everyone here at HTN for all you do for the community. I've enjoyed being a part of it and will continue to hang around for who-knows-how-long!

Viva La Follicle!!

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

hair greed is definitely the culprit...

i was just looking at your 1 year after 2ht pics.

you dont look 40 at all, prolly can pass off as young as 30...that fresh haircut added to the youth.

im sure if u get 3500-4500, youll be more than satisfied, my only concern would be that youu would look tooo young, but that aint never a problem!

Hi, My name is Tha Joe and I too am a Hairaholic!

It's been about 5 months since I had my last procedure. It's difficult for me to deal with day to day since I work in Dr. Charles' clinic. The chair taunts me! My goal is to be completely scalpel free for one year but the Greed is getting to me. I might need support.

1st HT 1-5-05 - 1894 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

2nd HT 12-18-06 - 1542 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

Total: 3436 FUT's

Current Protocol: Propecia Daily, Laser Therapy EOD 20 mins.

HAHA!!!! I called it!!!!!

I KNEW you couldn't resist the hair bug!!!!!

I hope you get all you want and more my friend, you deserve it.

If I was your wife I would be worried tho........... Your going to be a hairy beast in a year or so....she better keep you under control brutha' icon_biggrin.gif

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

hi hairbank, i personally think your hair looks fine as it is.i certainly wouldnt mind your coverage!but hey if youve got the means why not?as i said in an earlier post i was as happy as larry with my results from one surgery but as my hair gets longer the more id like....shit i think i just caught hairgreed!!

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Hairbank,

Go for it! I just took the plunge for HT #3 myself 10 days ago. Mine was done with Dr. James Aronovitz (with Tessler & Aronovitz). Dr. Tessler is now retired. I posted some day-after and beyond pics on my blog. Had 2292 grafts placed mostly in the crown, but also for more coverage/density behind the hairline. 61

One's, 177 Two's, and 2054 Three's and Four's (mostly Four's) -- roughly 8100 hairs. Now I'm playing the waiting game!!

Good luck!

Miles

Everyone-

Thanks for understanding my hair greed!! In all seriousness, I am pleased with my results but I suppose you can never have enough density........and, I've never really had any hairline work to speak of and I think it's high time!!

B spot - I think you know be better than I know myself sometimes... icon_biggrin.gif. I seriously hope we can hook up one of these days. When's #3 for you, BTW??

Tha Joe - Yes, I remember you in the crowd at my first HG Anon meeting.........I wasn't going to say anything to the others but since you opened the door.......I'm with ya, bro!

John_in_NC - I certainly don't know best about everything and have a great many things yet to learn about hair loss. I guess at 40 years of age, with my established loss pattern and available donor supply, I don't see a problem lowering the hairline a little and filling in the temples/widows peaks. I hit the crown already and am not real concerned with densing up too much there, just a tad. I guess I'm a little perplexed by your concern since I have the donor and am not in the "younger" crowd anymore..........but to each his own, my friend icon_smile.gif.

I truly enjoy being a part of this community and hope to stick around for awhile. I'll document the story of HT #3 as best I can............hopefully better than any I have done in the past.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hairbank, Thanks for your thoughtful & helpful post's along with your detailed pics. You are a great asset to the HT forum.

To get to where you are at now is a goal for me, so stop getting more hair! Hairgreed is catchy!

Looking foward to seeing your final?? Results.

Good luck!

You ARE greedy! icon_smile.gif Dropping the frontline by 1-1.5 cms is aggresive, but if you and the good doc agree, I say more power (and hair) to ya. Congrats on round 3!

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hairbank,

Well since you already told me privately about this, it's not a surprise...BUT, what IS a surprise is that you have multiple personality disorder? You've introduced and even greeted yourself as a multitude of people icon_wink.gif. Maybe you have stolen my cloning formula? :P

Early Congratulations brother. The funny thing is, looking at how much hair you have, I hardly think you need it...BUT...clearly you will be a hairy beast if Dr. Wong can harvest that many grafts!

I can guarantee you...that in a few years....hair greed is going to hit me and I'll be back in the chair. I just don't know how many grafts I have left...but I have time to worry about that. Many things to pay for before I consider getting more hair icon_wink.gif.

Good luck bro and keep us posted.

Bill

Originally posted by hairbank:

John_in_NC - I certainly don't know best about everything and have a great many things yet to learn about hair loss. I guess at 40 years of age, with my established loss pattern and available donor supply, I don't see a problem lowering the hairline a little and filling in the temples/widows peaks. I hit the crown already and am not real concerned with densing up too much there, just a tad. I guess I'm a little perplexed by your concern since I have the donor and am not in the "younger" crowd anymore..........but to each his own, my friend icon_smile.gif.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/content.asp?CopyID=116&WebID=44

Hairbank, no need to be perplexed...it's just a matter of opinion. If you look at your pictures, unless I got something wrong, this area is thin and not touched by HT. I would save it, but that is my opinion and preference. The meds might wear off and you never know. But with that said, good luck!

1weekpost-op2ndHTback2.jpg.c0044d3dfdaa95472b60f83225ad4c31.jpg

"GREED IS GOOD"

-Gordon Gecco

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hairbank, no need to be perplexed...it's just a matter of opinion. If you look at your pictures, unless I got something wrong, this area is thin and not touched by HT. I would save it, but that is my opinion and preference. The meds might wear off and you never know. But with that said, good luck!

This is actually one reason why I may not go under the knife for awhile. The area below the crown is thin on me too. I'm honestly not sure if finasteride is helping me keep that hair or if it's holding on by itself right now. BUT...I'm not going to come off the finasteride to find out. Either way...I want to keep some donor in reserves for that area in the event I lose it.

Bill

Hairbank,

You crazy bastard. Are you looking for the Ronald Reagan, James Dean or Chewbacka look?? If Master Wong can get those numbers you certainly will be a hairy SOB. Glad for you my friend. Have to admit though that as I am figuring my schedule for my next HT I'm a little concerned that the hairgreed monster might take over shortly after. Not sure I can do this to my wife again. She is always asking "Are you talking with your hairfriends again?"

Best of luck with things. I like your plan of attack but make sure that when lowering the hairline there is enough donor to match density behind--ofcourse you know more about this than me so I'm sure you've considered it.

Take care.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Originally posted by Bill:

This is actually one reason why I may not go under the knife for awhile. The area below the crown is thin on me too. I'm honestly not sure if finasteride is helping me keep that hair or if it's holding on by itself right now. BUT...I'm not going to come off the finasteride to find out. Either way...I want to keep some donor in reserves for that area in the event I lose it.

Bill

smart move and nice answer, without getting all worked up. They could also find that the meds cause this or that and you may have to stop them...You just never know these days. Life is long

Originally posted by John_in_NC:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/content.asp?CopyID=116&WebID=44

John -

Yes, the area a little below the crown is untouched........I don't really plan on doing anything there as with a little length (and the help of Fin) it covers nicely. My main focus is on the hairline and frontal half, with additional grafts throughout the crownwork from HT #2.............I just don't think I understood what you meant at first icon_smile.gif.

My choice for round three in the chair once again proves we do this for ourselves. I do like what I've accomplished, but since the option is available for better density and a little more youthful hairline...........I'M GOIN' FOR IT!

Thanks all for the kind words and support!

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog