Time for a Hiatus

Gentleman/Ladies,

After reading the recent post by Bill, I agree that there is so much in common that we all have. Many of you have been like brothers in a sense, listening and providing some thoughful insight and advise. I have experienced a lot on this site and have learned a great deal. I would never in a million years have thought of myself as someone that would get so involved in an online forum. It is totally out of my nature as I am essentially computer illiterate and also a very busy individual. This whole thing has helped me also learn a lot about myself and to appreciate the genuine nature that most of us possess. In so many ways, we all have our insecurities and it is nice to be able to see that there are others that deal with the same life stressors.

I feel like Forest Gump. You know when he just stops running. That is the way that I currently feel about my time on this forum. It's time for me to stop. I have learned what I wanted to learn, said what I wanted to say and it just feels like a good time to move on in life.

I owe a lot to this site and have struggled with the decision to move on as I have a real connection to so many of you. I will continue to follow things and I definitely will post again as I know the benefits of all of us posting our results and sharing our stories. I'm sure that once I proceed with next HT that I will again become more active with regular postings of progress and the need for support and guidance during the healing period.

Time is the most challenging thing for me when it comes to scheduling the HT. I have several businesses and it is a further complication in this whole process. My wife and I spoke this morning about it as she keeps wondering what the hell my plans are. ("Are you going to keep talking about it or just do it?"--She is actually very understanding but you know how it is) The more I have been thinking about it, I believe that I might go with August. This will allow things to look ok for holiday season and then by next summer will be essentially complete. Most likely I will be going with Dr. Ron Shapiro, but still have to hear what H&W have to say. Yes I know I have argued about the FU splitting, etc., but have also always contended that they are one of the best. I at least consider myself informed and that is key for all of us. The decision then becomes just based on comfort.

I will still be around, just not as active. I wish much happiness and success for all of you. It is my hope that everyone one of you will achieve what it is you are looking for as it is vitally important that we all feel comfortable in our own skin. Life is short and although for many of us this is such a added weight on our minds, we must remember that there is so much more going on in this world and that we all need to enjoy life, family and friends. In the grand scheme of things, hairloss should be such a small issue as there are so many worse things that can happen. I do wish for health and happiness to all of you.

Take care,

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Gentleman/Ladies,

After reading the recent post by Bill, I agree that there is so much in common that we all have. Many of you have been like brothers in a sense, listening and providing some thoughful insight and advise. I have experienced a lot on this site and have learned a great deal. I would never in a million years have thought of myself as someone that would get so involved in an online forum. It is totally out of my nature as I am essentially computer illiterate and also a very busy individual. This whole thing has helped me also learn a lot about myself and to appreciate the genuine nature that most of us possess. In so many ways, we all have our insecurities and it is nice to be able to see that there are others that deal with the same life stressors.

I feel like Forest Gump. You know when he just stops running. That is the way that I currently feel about my time on this forum. It's time for me to stop. I have learned what I wanted to learn, said what I wanted to say and it just feels like a good time to move on in life.

I owe a lot to this site and have struggled with the decision to move on as I have a real connection to so many of you. I will continue to follow things and I definitely will post again as I know the benefits of all of us posting our results and sharing our stories. I'm sure that once I proceed with next HT that I will again become more active with regular postings of progress and the need for support and guidance during the healing period.

Time is the most challenging thing for me when it comes to scheduling the HT. I have several businesses and it is a further complication in this whole process. My wife and I spoke this morning about it as she keeps wondering what the hell my plans are. ("Are you going to keep talking about it or just do it?"--She is actually very understanding but you know how it is) The more I have been thinking about it, I believe that I might go with August. This will allow things to look ok for holiday season and then by next summer will be essentially complete. Most likely I will be going with Dr. Ron Shapiro, but still have to hear what H&W have to say. Yes I know I have argued about the FU splitting, etc., but have also always contended that they are one of the best. I at least consider myself informed and that is key for all of us. The decision then becomes just based on comfort.

I will still be around, just not as active. I wish much happiness and success for all of you. It is my hope that everyone one of you will achieve what it is you are looking for as it is vitally important that we all feel comfortable in our own skin. Life is short and although for many of us this is such a added weight on our minds, we must remember that there is so much more going on in this world and that we all need to enjoy life, family and friends. In the grand scheme of things, hairloss should be such a small issue as there are so many worse things that can happen. I do wish for health and happiness to all of you.

Take care,

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Hey nervous you are funny guy with a great point of view!

This hair thing can really consume alot of space in your brain thats for sure!

So I completely understand the Hiatus.

Happy Growing & I am sure we will hear from you again soon!

NN,

I can't say I'm not disappointed that you won't be around as much, but I totally understand where you are coming from. You don't want this forum to consume your life...you have a life to live, and brother, you shall live it. Just don't forget about your bald (or recovering bald) brothers here. You are welcome here ANYTIME and hope that you'll pop your head in once in awhile to offer encouragement and support to those who need it...and just as importantly, to say hi to your friends here.

Thanks for all your contribution over the time. I hope that when you do decide to go forward with your hair transplant that you'll post your experience and photos here so people can give you the encouragement you need. Nothing wrong with getting back something when you gave to many for so long! Hope to talk with you soon my friend.

Bill

Sorry to see you go Nervous.

If you want, please drop me a PM or give me a call anytime, cool?

Let us know when you decide to pull the trigger, OK?

Much Love Bro'

J

PS-- I know that by Ladies you mean Bill, right? icon_biggrin.gif

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Nervous,

We will miss you. Your witty comments always make us laugh and that is good therapy for all of us suffering baldies and former baldies.

Hope you get the nerve up for August, do it and move forward, we are not getting any younger ya know!

Check your pm now and then, talk with you soon.

NoBuzz

NN

I have enjoyed your wit and wisdom. I have found myself opening your posts at every visit as it's usually something worth reading and i will miss your imput to the forum.

Best of luck when you do go under the knife and hpoe it will prompt you to visit our dome head community with your procedure results.

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

NN-

Hey braddah.....what's going on here?? icon_wink.gif

Seriously, you have brought much wisdom to the forum and I thoroughly have enjoyed "getting to know you" here. You're an asset to our community! I really do appreciate your prospective on the issues we discuss here. You're one of those who brings a lot of common sense to the forum and can state your point of view in a very respectful fashion.

I totally understand where you're coming from about having time. At times..........I feel I reply in haste because of time pressures. I applaud you for "taking a break" but in no way will I let you go away for good! icon_wink.gif

Stay in touch and post when you can. PM me if you ever want to get in touch.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hey NN,

Sorry to see you've decided to slow down a bit. I for one have benefited from your posts as so many others here but I can't say I don't blame you. Time for you to take the dive! But of course absence is going to make your heart grow fonder and you will be back; I feel it.

Besides, who are you going to speak with about your new transplant?

HIGA

2400 Grafts with Dr. Epstein 11/8/06

Nizoral 3X/week

Rogaine foam 2x/day

That's cool, NN. I found that for a while I read posts every day on this forum, then once a week, now about every two weeks since I have other things to take care of. Plus, it seems like a cycle takes place on the forum where the same topics come up. So, I only pop in occasionally and will post something every couple of weeks. Hopefully, you'll check in once in a while.

The thing that really blows my mind is when someone gets on this forum, posts their balls off for about a month or two, and then one day just disappears! Gone! I've seen a couple of posters like this over the last year!

NN,

I am grateful for your contribution and involvement, I have learned much from your knowledgeable and spirited posts. I understand very few of us can sustain this sort of time commitment, except for Bill of course but his clones give him an unfair advantage icon_smile.gif

I am just back from a 3 week hiatus and I am not sure my current workload wil allow me to be as involved as I used to be. I'll look forward to your occasional posts and in particular when you decide to do IT.

See ya NN

Next time we speak I hope to have some numbers on yuor procedure or a planned date icon_smile.gif

You know so much now on what to do , it's a shame you don't address your hair concern

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

NN- I dont know you and I am new to this forum but I am going through the same thing. Ive been researching the HT for over a year now and cant pull the trigger. I booked it a few times and canceled it. The whole strip scar thing is freaking me out. Most guys seem to really regret it. I wish I had the balls to do it but right now I cant.

yucko

Hey Yukon:

I understand the whole "strip scar" concern as it was one of the things that really held me back too. With that said, however, unless you are going to shave your head down or you have very poor donor coverage, I can voice that it is now one of my least concerns having had my procedure done two weeks ago Monday. Matter of fact, other than the fact I can feel that an incision was made, it doesn't cross my mind at all. The way I looked at it was this: Did I want to have more hair in front where I and others look every day, or worry about what should be an invisible scar to the rest of the world? Still, I had to think about it. Very glad at this point but I guess time will tell. I'd be curious if most guys who have had the procedure done really regret the scar issue as you suggest. Anyway, good luck to you and to NN in your decisions. I wish you the best.

I am in the same boat Yukon!

I thought Nervous did his??

It's not the scar I worry about, it's just nice to have a virgin..................scalp! icon_biggrin.gif

• Administrators

NN,

It's been a pleasure seeing you grow, learn and contribute on this community. But ultimately the real mission of this community is to help people resolve their hair loss issues and get on with their lives.

Thanks for your many contributions. I know we'd all like to see you get the outstanding results you deserve. Of course we'll be asking for photos and hair counts when you do pull the trigger :-)

Pat

P.S. Don't think you can escape this cult. When you wake up in a cold sweat and sneak down to check the forum you'll know what I mean.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Yukon.

I would beg to differ about your assumption that most guys regret the strip "scar". There are 10-30 guys on here who would disagree with you as well ( the patients who have poor docs regret more than the scar). With the T closure the scar is so thin you can shave down to guard 2 in many cases without any sign of it. I just had my third HT and don't regret a thing. It's been one of the most positive things I've done in my life and I'm extremely satisfied.. I can't tell you what's best for you ( or nelly) but guys, if I were you I would make a choice either way rather than consistently cancel procedures.Doesn't it stress you out? It's not a healthy midset and I'm sure it can be quite expensive if you lose your deposit.

You have to be happy though but that would be my advice

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I agree with Mrjb, the scar has never been an issue for me. A good surgeon will give you such a thin scar even your hairstylist might not see it. I had no pain during the healing process, the only real issue is the patience it takes to see the results come in ever so slowly....

If you pick a good Doc from the recos on this forum everything becomes very, very easy.

• 4 weeks later...

I have read that some people wish they can shave down but cant because of the scar. My biggest fear is going swimming or sweating and the scar is visible to everyone. I have seen people and recognized right away that they had a procedure even noticed a scar even with their head dry and long in the back! One was a guy that was obviously butchered and the other guy looked good in the front but I swear I could see the scar thru his dry hair. I shave down to a one and a half to 2 right now. I dont want to shave down bald but to have the option to go down to a one is what I want.

yucko