Working Out/Weight Lifting

diamondlight

Hey diamond,

What better way to pass through the "HT doldrums" growth stage than a little friendly lifting competition! icon_wink.gif

My goals are probably a little different than yours with lifting, but I will put on some mass. Can't do those heavy squats anymore thought, they mess with the lower back too much for me. I still do them, just not as aggressively. The rest of my body doesn't seem much different than when I was younger than you so I can still "kick it" with bench, curls....most everything else.

Ahhhhhh.................so it WAS you I was working out next to in the gym yesterday..........I knew it!!!! icon_cool.gif

Okay, we're close to the end of November..............let's set the first pic day for around the 1st of January, eh?

Anyone else who wants to join the fun is welcome. I'm looking forward to something like this pushing me a little in the gym!!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am happy to see that others on the forum are freaks about working out as well. I have been trying to get the science of working out, diet and resting down for years and have finally gotten closer than ever. Here are a couple pics taken last month during a photo shoot for my supplement line. I was clowning with the photos so don't take me seriously with my expressions, lol, I look pretty fruity in one.

I went from 185 to 165 in about 2 months and have never felt better.

l_7bfc5456292a407a8f15aa3d9325f045.jpg.1e5446bfc878839c3c6f7d858e7fdf27.jpg

1st HT 1-5-05 - 1894 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

2nd HT 12-18-06 - 1542 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

Total: 3436 FUT's

Current Protocol: Propecia Daily, Laser Therapy EOD 20 mins.

Lookin' good, Joe! Nice-N-Lean with good mass!

Care to share you're lifting routine and the basics of your diet? You're 165lbs, how tall are you??

So far, I'm starting back on a pretty basic routine...............chest/bi's, back/tri's, shoulders/legs...........and am going to try and hit each body part 2x per week if my schedule allows. I was going to alternate doing each body part 2x one week, 1 time the next, but have decided to try and hit each part 2x every week and see how it goes.

I've decided not to change my diet much for now, just eating the right amount of protein and carbs in each meal, and then suppliment the protein to make sure I end up with 1gr per lb of body weight daily. It seems the most gains I've had in the past were from when my protein intake match the 1gr per lb of body weight.

Anyone else care to join the fun??

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thanks Hairbank! I am 5'8".

I basically changed everything I had been accustomed to doing. First, I switched to Organic and 80% raw foods. This takes some getting used to but is great for the body. The only meats I eat are egg whites and some fish. I am eating a balanced portion every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Muscle is made of protein so you definitely have to get atleast 1 gram per pound of bodyweight and make sure your eating is timed perfectly! Timing is the essential! I know you have heard how important diet is in training and it IS! I can hardly believe the change I have gone through. Every little thing you consume has an effect..everything!

As far as training...I hit the weights around 6:30 A.M. and cardio around 5 P.M. I stopped trying all the heavy stuff and started doing more reps. I start with a warm up and then do one set of 15, 12, 10, 8....I do this for every muscle group. Twice a month or so I do switch it and go heavy, low reps just to shock the muscles.

E-mail me at joedcowan@yahoo.com and I will send you a sample diet. See if it works for you. I am friends with several IFBB Pro Bodybuilders and they have helped guide me along. I would still love to be this lean at 190 but my genetics wont allow it naturally.

1st HT 1-5-05 - 1894 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

2nd HT 12-18-06 - 1542 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

Total: 3436 FUT's

Current Protocol: Propecia Daily, Laser Therapy EOD 20 mins.

If you have really bad carb cravings like I do try the following:

Stock your fridge with pickles, the kind that are in garlic

and make up the following drink:

1 cup of organic maple syrup

1 cup of organic lemon juice

1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper

mix in a 2 liters of water or more

(Its a variation of the Master Cleanser Fast).

instead of using it to fast, when ever I am hungry or feel like I need to cheat beyond my regular meals, I either drink some of the lemonaide or eat a pickle, apparently the sweet and sour affect of both wards off carb cravings.

Im not a physician, but it works for me, and of course I cut out fast food and keep my sweet tooth in check.

Thanks for the tip......RR, might try it if I can't keep the appetite in check!

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by dhoose75:

diamondlight; I'm big into fitness/bodybuilding; here is a pic from my last show; I'm preparing for another show in april of 08

Wow, man, you are ripped. Those legs are sick. Keep up the great work!

Originally posted by dabuski:

Hi Wylie,

on the subject of biceps, heres an exercise i use to keep them growing.

Its a basic barbell curl but divided into 3 separate parts.

Imagine the range of movement from the bottom part of the exercise with arms fully extended, to the top part of this exercise.

Now divide this range into 3.

Grasp a barbell, with near enough 80% of the maximine you can use for this exercise. Now begin to curl but stop a 3rd of the way up and return. Aim for 10 to 15 reps. Next with no stopping start a 3rd of the way up and begin curling but stop again at approx a 3rd of the way up again ,aim for 10 to 15 reps .The last part of the exercise is the final upper 3rd preformed as the first two with no rest in between.

By the time you have finished this i would expect your arms to be completely wasted. I would recommend that you do this just the once as part of your normal arm routine.

Give it a go for a couple of months and see what happens.

Dabuski

That sounds good, I'm going to try that, it will take some experimenting to get the right weight but yes, that will kill your arms, no pain, no gain!

Those legs are innnnnsaneeeeee! lol. I'm competetive in boxing/ma, and between all the sport-specific training I do its super tough to fit in good workouts dedicated more towards weight/mass...going to try this bicep workout as well, though, sounds sweet!

Also, I seem to remember King Kamali (spelling? pro bodybuilder, fyi) telling me during high-school that if you want super beefy arms and size to focus most of your training on the triceps? Anyone have any opinions on this.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

hey than, tricep makes up about 3quarters of your arm. Take a look at most...well alot of budybuilders etc etc.... You'll never see a bigger bicep then tricep. The tricep has more heads. TugBoats! I know a slew of "shocker" specific exercies. Remember the body adapts quickly so you have to constantly throw it some curve balls however that may be. Change in diet, time you life, how much weight you lift, rest periods, exercise order (leave ego at door when doin BB bench after db flies as pre-exhaust) etc etc

Bill, hairbank, diamond,

thanks for the comments; that was at the Western Michigan Bodybuilding Championships last year; i weighed in at around 165; I;m 5'9"; I won the middle weight class but lost in the overall to the heavyweight dude; obviously I don't maintain that condition year round, it is unhealthy; I was probably around 5% bodyfat; I try to maintain around 10% in the offseason; a good healthy weight; I train 4-5 days a week; if anybody has any questions let me know; it is cool to know that you guys on this forum are into working out and fitness!

dhoose (or anyone who is in the know about bodybuilding):

there is a russian I train with....Drago....seriously, his name is Drago...anyways, he weighs ~190-200, ~6ft tall and **YEAR ROUND** is big and shredded....he could seriously walk onto a bodybuilding stage in a day's notice and look the part....obv steroids is the first thing that pops into our minds, which he vehemently denies -- and also states that he takes no other supplements like creatine....is this possible? can someone have like 5% bodyfat year round w/ size w/o taking any supplements? and if so, how rare is this.

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

thanatopis,

as daboski said he could be a genetic freak or is streching the truth and on drugs; I seen pictures of former Olympia ronnie coleman when he played college football; at that time he didn't even train like a bodybuilder; just did power exercises for football and he could of stepped on a bodybuilding stage and blew people away; he already had that freaky double peak on his bicep in his late teens or 20--example of a genetic freak; however for the average Joe 6ft 200 lbs at 5% bodyfat is difficult withouth some assistance in the medicine cabinet, and I'm not talking just protein powder and creatine.

drago:..."I don't take ANYTHING".

yeah right! Almost no guy is gonna tell you (in person) that he did roids, unless you guys are real tight and you grew up together or something. they don't want everybody in the gym knowing, unless their training together and both on roids. I knew guys in high school who did it and they swore to everyone else up n down that they didn't do it.

He is lying. period. Why would he spend so much time in the gym and not even take creatine? that doesn't make sense.

Hmmm, thx for all the replies....you make very valid points. that he denies even taking creatine as a supplement, nor ever even diets, and looks like this w/o any "effort" is what really cinches it I think, which you've all mentioned as well. Though he does mention that he drinks, and I quote, "carrot juice" icon_eek.gif

He just acts like *any* supplement is foreign to him....but, like you say NG2GB, you yourslf knew guys who swore to pretty much everyone they didn't do it. Even w/ every "typical" supplement the guy would be classified as a total genetic freak. Perhaps he is a freak among freaks, but it has to be more likely that he juices....also, if it was known that he did roids' it would *severely* be to his detriment....would put a huge asterix on his otherworldy performance....strength, explosiveness, endurance, recovery....

He also has this super "dry" look, like he doesn't have an iota of fat or water retention to mask his muscles.....dunno if that is roid-related.

Thx for the opinions, appreciated!

-----------

• 3 weeks later...

Every person who took steriods ALWAYS denies it. Generally speaking, if you see a huge guy,ripped guy, he takes steroids or somthing like it HGH etc.. It is very difficult to get big and lean. Trust me , I have known a lot of big guys and they all do it.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 2 weeks later...

Creatine is legal. There is no reason for him not to take it, it's really beneficial. I would guess that he was lying. If he's lying about that then ther would be no way he would tell you he was using steroids.

Iknow someone who is extremely big and lean and he definately does not take any type of drugs.He basically lives in the gym and eats for england.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result