Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews Share your own hair transplant experiences with others here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #111   Top  
Old 11-01-2012, 05:27 AM

I'm intensively researching HT for a possible HT in Nov/Dec 2012. Interestingly, Dr. Pong said that I am NOT a candidate for his clinic as I have only been on Finasteride for apx10 months. He wants me to wait another year and then get back in touch with him.
Dr. Path and Dr. Radha have both said that I am a candidate for HT at their clinics NOW with a requirement of apx 3,000 grafts.
I'm leaning towards Dr. Radha because of her high degree of involvement with each patient as well as the significant reduction in cost (I'm still a Uni student!)
I'm not sure why Dr Pong wanted me to wait when other experienced Dr's were keen to operate now. Maybe it's because he's busy and has enough on his plate, or maybe he has an element of selection bias in his results?
  #112   Top  
Old 11-02-2012, 01:29 AM
Forum Co-Moderator
Celestial Follicle Club Member

fualopecia,

I'm not sure either. Normally, doctors recommend one year on Propecia prior to surgery if the patient needs a boost in density.

Whatever the reason, rest assured that both Dr. Radha and Dr. Pathomvanich are highly skilled, ethical and experienced hair restoration physicians and you can trust their judgement.

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website
  #113   Top  
Old 02-07-2013, 02:24 AM
New Real Hair Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcow View Post
Yes,it is.Most of us including myself want to find a cheaper alternative to save somer cash but problem is 99% of the time we get hacked by unknown surgeons and it ends up costing more to repair the damge caused.
if your wanting to do it in Thailand then i dont know why you just dont go to Dr.PATH,hes one of the best surgeons worldwide and his prices are reasonable for a coalition surgeon and golden follicle award 2010 winner.
most other thai surgeons have worked under him or watched him but Dr.Path has 20 years more experience than them and NOT A BAD WORD said about him only praise,what does that tell you.
i dont work for him and my views are my own ok,but i did have 1 successfull ops with him past 2 years,GOOD LUCK
I am considering Dr. Path in Thailand too, im living in China, can you let me know you had FUE or FUT with him, I know he does great FUT, but i cannot find anyone who had FUE experience with him, is he also that good?
  #114   Top  
Old 02-07-2013, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future_HT_Doc View Post
Jimmy,

If you're looking to stay in Thailand for your procedure, I highly recommend Dr. Pathomvanich. He's extremely respected within our community, and was recently inducted into the elite Independent Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. Please, feel free to ask any additional questions. Good luck!

Hi Future_HT_Doc

I am in contact with Dr. Path in thailand, I prob need 1000 grafts to fix my hairline, im 31, and just like my father i have a receding hareline, no loss on the top, and thus I will perfer FUE, would you still recommend Dr. Path for FUE? I know he is really good at FUTs.

this is a old post, i hope you can still get back to me, thanks

Last edited by lobacn; 02-07-2013 at 02:54 AM.
  #115   Top  
Old 02-07-2013, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fualopecia View Post
I'm intensively researching HT for a possible HT in Nov/Dec 2012. Interestingly, Dr. Pong said that I am NOT a candidate for his clinic as I have only been on Finasteride for apx10 months. He wants me to wait another year and then get back in touch with him.
Dr. Path and Dr. Radha have both said that I am a candidate for HT at their clinics NOW with a requirement of apx 3,000 grafts.
I'm leaning towards Dr. Radha because of her high degree of involvement with each patient as well as the significant reduction in cost (I'm still a Uni student!)
I'm not sure why Dr Pong wanted me to wait when other experienced Dr's were keen to operate now. Maybe it's because he's busy and has enough on his plate, or maybe he has an element of selection bias in his results?
This is strange. I had never taken any Propecia when I had my first HT with him a year ago. The only time he asked me to wait was when I wanted to book my 2nd HT just after 6 months.
  #116   Top  
Old 03-28-2013, 07:16 PM

Hi Botak, I'm also from Singapore, and would like to ask you some questions regarding dr. Pong. Would really appreciate if you could help. Thanks!
  #117   Top  
Old 03-28-2013, 08:09 PM

Sure, I just had my 2nd HT on crown area with Dr Pong. I've full confidence with him. Unlike most sg surgeons, he does only hair and nothing else. Imagine if you just want to eat bak chop mee, would you buy from a stall that sells only bak chop mee or a stall that sells everything? What do you need to know?
  #118   Top  
Old 03-29-2013, 04:26 AM

haha. that's a good analogy man. yeah. he told me he only does hair transplants. based on reviews, i've decided to go to his clinic instead of the ones in singapore. here, all the surgeons all kua lui, everything also do
i was wondering about the results. like your donor area and stuff, is it visible? i saw pics of people who had botched attempts by other hair surgeons. like the scar damn thick and visible. you got any pictures? thanks for your reply man!
  #119   Top  
Old 03-29-2013, 09:25 AM

You can see from my small avatar. Before it was half bald in front, now can cover full in hair. not like ang mo, im too paiseh to share. but you can see many many real examples on dr pong website and i can tell u that they are for real.

p/s u have to take Propecia for life after ur HT.
  #120   Top  
Old 08-16-2013, 06:16 AM

Hi i would like to check with you , how much did u spent for your hair transplant (if Any)
My front also half bald. hairline receding.