Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews Share your own hair transplant experiences with others here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Top  
Old 10-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Veteran Real Hair Club Member

Default How does native hairfall stop from Hair transplantation

Hi,
I am a victim of hair fall and recently started research on Hair transplantation using FUE.
I have a doubt(may be kiddish). How does the native hair stop falling after an hair transplantation.Or is it that the original hair keeps on falling.I started facing hairfall 4-5 years back and a level 3 case.
It will also be great if experts can share their experience of Dr.Prabdeep sohi-reviva chandigarh India.
Thank you.
  #2   Top  
Old 10-14-2012, 12:43 PM
Forum Co-Moderator
Celestial Follicle Club Member

Hair transplantation simply extracts healthy, hair loss resistant follicles and implants them into regions of the scalp affected by androgenic alopecia (genetic hair loss). However, this treatment does nothing to stop the progressive miniaturization of the native follicles.

Because of this, hair restoration physicians normally advise patients to start a medication, like Propecia (finasteride) or Rogaine (minoxidil), to actually stabilize and potentially reverse some of the progressive hair loss in conjunction with the hair transplant surgery. This combination allows for both a complete restoration and ensures the hair transplant won't become inadequate or aesthetically awkward as the hair loss progresses.

Additionally, in India, I recommend either Dr. Madhu or Dr. Radha.

Good luck!

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.
  #3   Top  
Old 11-05-2012, 05:14 AM
Veteran Real Hair Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanmehra11 View Post
Hi,
I am a victim of hair fall and recently started research on Hair transplantation using FUE.
I have a doubt(may be kiddish). How does the native hair stop falling after an hair transplantation.Or is it that the original hair keeps on falling.I started facing hairfall 4-5 years back and a level 3 case.
It will also be great if experts can share their experience of Dr.Prabdeep sohi-reviva chandigarh India.
Thank you.
check a user gabrieljose43 on this forum, he underwent a 5000 FUE megasession over two days with Dr Prabdeep Sohi and I think his results are pretty good.
  #4   Top  
Old 11-05-2012, 05:47 AM
Honorary Real Hair Club Member

You should consider getting on propecia and minoxidil to STOP the hair falling out

and a hair transplant surgery to restore hair to the bald areas that cannot be saved from medication

Propecia daily
12.5% minoxidil once daily
5% Kirkland minoxidil foam a few times per week
Avodart once/twice per week