Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews Share your own hair transplant experiences with others here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21   Top  
Old 07-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Veteran Real Hair Club Member

Actually I do have the post op info given my the staff... Its just not enough .... I have a lot many questions which they do not answer .

1) I have a little puss in the start of the scar on the left everytime i touch the area there is pus and blood coming out. I spoke to Dr. Radha she says no medication is necessary. and it should flatten out soon . but I am scared. Its been more than two weeks.

2) I want to know if I should use propecia. Since my bald patch was quite bad, Dr. Radha is quite encouraging about the fact that the transplanted hair will not be lost.. because its from the permanent zone area. So I am sceptical about using it . I have had a very bad experience with minox in the past. I dont want to get into that torture again with the severe dandruff I suffered from . and the immense hairloss once I quit minoxidil.

3) Also my scabs are coming out now..... and the strands are still on ... they havent come off. So I dont know if thats a natural procedure. Dr. Radha is a busy lady. She isnt able to answer my questions on a regular basis and I do not wish to trouble her constantly.

I am hopeful the people on this forum will help me with my queries.
  #22   Top  
Old 07-19-2012, 11:38 PM

Dear raul,

The minoxidil has the same effect on me, but now I am using it only once a day on alternate days to keep away the effect.

Also, I am taking propecia/finasteride twice every week to keep away the side effects.

I don't know whether the above will help but still trying.

My scabs also fallen out but strands remain, some strands went away, Dr. Radha has said all transplanted hair will off now, its been complete 1 month since HT.

cheers
tuja

One HT:
2900 Grafts with Dr. Radha
  #23   Top  
Old 07-20-2012, 03:19 AM
Guru Real Hair Club Member

Hi,

I had a minor issue when I returned to Australia and Doctor Radha was prompt with my enquiry. Many questions can be answered by researching her website or this forum. Also another good resource is is DHT Clinic because it has lots of post op information.

If you have puss in you donor scar you should go to your local GP and get him to check it out.

Regards rod
  #24   Top  
Old 07-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Hard Core Real Hair Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulbrammin View Post
Actually I do have the post op info given my the staff... Its just not enough .... I have a lot many questions which they do not answer .

1) I have a little puss in the start of the scar on the left everytime i touch the area there is pus and blood coming out. I spoke to Dr. Radha she says no medication is necessary. and it should flatten out soon . but I am scared. Its been more than two weeks.

2) I want to know if I should use propecia. Since my bald patch was quite bad, Dr. Radha is quite encouraging about the fact that the transplanted hair will not be lost.. because its from the permanent zone area. So I am sceptical about using it . I have had a very bad experience with minox in the past. I dont want to get into that torture again with the severe dandruff I suffered from . and the immense hairloss once I quit minoxidil.

3) Also my scabs are coming out now..... and the strands are still on ... they havent come off. So I dont know if thats a natural procedure. Dr. Radha is a busy lady. She isnt able to answer my questions on a regular basis and I do not wish to trouble her constantly.

I am hopeful the people on this forum will help me with my queries.

Hi

1) Some times its common to find pus in donor area or recipient area. I had pus boil @ my transplanted graft. But it went off after 4 days. So no issues. My advice is never touch your hair with unclean hands. Hands may carry staphylococcus aureus bacteria which when enters inside skin can cause infection and pus. Always wash with anti-bacterial soap before you touch your scalp. You can take mild antibiotic like "Doxycycline" that should solve your problem quickly. Just check with local doctor or Radha if needed.

2) I too dont like minoxidil much because it some times accumulates dirt on scalp and forms layers of dirt if not properly washed. Its up to you again.

3) common and thats how the process works.

Most of the questions can be answered by our forum members. Unless its not properly answered or emergency, you can contact your doctor.

Hope this helps. Looking for your updated pics soon
  #25   Top  
Old 07-21-2012, 08:55 AM

I didnt have a problem with Tugain foam. Feels normal. Pimples/Boils are very common sight for the first 2 months on me . It used to go away after a few days.

You will look like u never had a HT aka Ugly duckling for the next 2 months. As Rod once told me stop looking in the mirror for the next 3 months ....Trust me helps a lot
  #26   Top  
Old 07-21-2012, 10:08 AM

Tugain foam i think hurting the scalp, a layer forms on the skin. Today i tried to remove that layer from small transplanted area, it started bleeding a little and 2-3 grafts came out. I dont know if this was normal shedding...because it had happened to me before transplant when this layer forms on the skin, i used to comb it and this used to happen slight blood use to come out. I am just hoping the grafts are still intact.

Does this happen with all of you that a layer forms on the skin because of tugain...is it dandruff or dried medicine ?

I am not using any hard shampoo even now for dandruff etc as i have shaved my head very close, and dont wanna hurt the grafts....

Any advice...

regards,
tuja

One HT:
2900 Grafts with Dr. Radha
  #27   Top  
Old 07-21-2012, 03:32 PM

Default wish to undergo HT

Hi,

I wish to undergo HT this september or october. I'm currently living in Germany and will be visiting India during August and september. I started to lose my hair long time back after I had chicken pox during my 10th std. But I have serious hair loss ever since I came here i.e. for past two years. I lost almost all my hair in frontal and crown of my head. Please suggest me about which surgeon to chose for HT. I heard Dr. Madhu from Hyd and Dr. Radha both are good through this site.
Still not sure to chose which one. From your experiences I gained confident over Dr. Radha, But do you have any general opinion abt Dr. Madhu ? I'm so confused and cant face this Hair loss problem anymore. Everyone around me started to question abt it and my confidence level is so low nowdays.
I'm just 24 years old and will that prohibit me from undergoing a HT ? is it advisable to undergo HT at this age ?
Waiting for your reply. I tried to send a priv msg but I don knw how to do it since I just joined this site today.

thnx a lot for your help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Optimized-P4060307.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	32222  
  #28   Top  
Old 07-21-2012, 04:06 PM

Hi S17ch

I would go for Dr Radha, as she does only one HT per day and she's more of hands on rather than leaving it to her tech staff. Her results are good aswell. Why dont u email her few pic's and see what she has to say.
  #29   Top  
Old 07-21-2012, 04:09 PM

hi jaykdht,

thnx for your reply. I will email her for sure.
One more clarification normally while performing HT do they shave the head ?
  #30   Top  
Old 07-21-2012, 09:37 PM

Hi,

I suggest you contact both doctors and discuss your case with them. Doctor Madhu has many cases on this forum that show mature results, whilst Doctor Radha is relatively new and has many good positive posts. In reality, there are only 2 cases of Doctor Radha's on this forum that members have shown that have the length of time post op to judge the results. Many people (like myself) have had a HT with Doctor Radha but I'm just shy of 6 months and I don't want to assess it until 8 - 10 months post op. I keep receiving enquiries both people need to realise it takes up to 12 months for the results to be mature enough for a person to assess.

I went with Doctor Radha because she was trained by Doctor Pathomvanich, she does 1 HT a day, is hands on during the surgery. Doctor Madha does 2 - 3 surgeries per day and relies on a team of doctors and assistants to complete the surgery. Doctor Madha has been recommended on this forum for a couple of years and he produces good consistent results.

I think both doctors would be fine but the decision is yours in the end.

Regards

Rod