Hair Transplant with Dr.Bishen Mahadevia

bbuntyb

Hi Flac,

I received in total around 2000 grafts with 1650 in the front and 350 in the back. I got it done on april 13th 2007 from Dr.Bishen Mahadevia.

You guys can review his website at (link removed).

As of what I have seen in the forum regarding Dr.Rajput, I am glad and happy that i chose the right doctor. The post-op pics posted by Dr.Rajput are the worst that I have seen on the internet and this forum.

Please review my immediate post-op pics and please let me know if the work done by Dr.Bishen Mahadevia is upto the industry standards.

Thank you all the guys who have viewed my thread and a double thank you to the guys who have posted comments.

Regards,

Bunty

bbuntyb,

I think your post op pictures look pretty clean - it appears to be follicular unit grafting. Is Dr. Bishen located in India?

Understand however, that 2000 grafts is such a large area will not give you a lot of density. Did you and your doctor strategize a long term game plan for restoring your hair?

Personally speaking, given your level of loss, I would have considered restoring the front half first using densely packed follicular unit grafts and then hit the back afterwards.

However, there isn't anything wrong with this particular approach assuming you understand that you will need another HT to achieve a fuller look adding density.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for replying so fast. Yes, Dr.Bishen is from india and all the grafts were transplanted by himself.

Regarding the area, if you would zoom into the picture where the hair line is drawn, you would see that the whole frontal area was shaved off. The doctor adviced me to keep the frontal area and work on the sides. But I did not go for it and asked him to clear it up and transplant on the whole frontal area so that my hair can look uniform and asked him to transplant the left over graft in the back.

Recently I asked my doctor for advice if I need additional grafts in the front and all he said me was to wait for atleast 1 year for full results of the transplant and then plan if I need more grafts. Anyways I need one more hair transplant to cover my back area.

Also, I would advice to all the friends that if they are considering for a hair transplant, then please select a good doctor and get it done as soon as possible, because it takes 2 years to get full result taking in consideration if you go for another round of hair transplant.

and indeed HAIR TRANSPLANT DOES WORKS.

Regards,

Bunty

Bunty,

Do you have a preoperative picture of the frontal area before it was shaved? I think that might help us get a better picture of why the doctor didn't want to densely pack in that area. With the areas shaved it's hard to get a true picture of your degree of hair loss.

I hope you'll keep us posted on your results.

Thanks,

Bill

BB-

Congrats on the HT.

Quality of work is a little difficult to tell from these pics but hopefully it will turn out nicely for you.

With only 2000 grafts over that large an area, your coverage is going to be pretty thin..........just being honest. See how things go and if you're happy with it that's all that counts. If not, you can always go in again for a fill in.

Best of luck,

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

It has been 8 months post-op and I am planning for my 2nd hair transplant next week for the crown area. So far, i am happy with the results.

I got a question that may sound stupid even after having my hair transplant : is there is any risk associated with the surgery, like life threatening issues.

Bye

Bunty

bbb

Their are risks with any surgery but I do not think anyone has ever died from having a HT. Just don't go to have one in a third world country.

I suppose the greatest risk anyone faces are:

* Anethesia - not necessary to have but some offer it and some do it. Stay on a local and do not be put under to be safe.

* Risk of infection, very rare if done by an expert. Usually meds are availabe post op if needed.

* Risk of a transmitted disease from the Doctor, the staff who are handling your bloody tissue.

I don't mean to scare anyone but these risks are real, all the more reason to got to a reputable Doc.

As a follow up, it is funny how patients are required to do a blood test prior to work but what about the patients risk?? Should we have the Doc and their staff tested?? It is a two-way risk, even though they wear gloves.

NoBuzz

Hi nobuzz,

thank you for your reply, but i did not understand the following point that you have mentioned.....

"* Anethesia - not necessary to have but some offer it and some do it. Stay on a local and do not be put under to be safe."

Regards,

Bunty

My Dr. offered to put an IV in my arm to sedate me. I wanted to be awake during my procedure and also wanted to drive myself home so that was not an option for me.

Anethesia, if done wrong can kill someone. I am not talking about a local with shots, but the stuff that puts you out cold.

NoBuzz

bbuntyb,

I'm pleased to hear that you are happy with your results so far. Do you have some updated pictures you can post in your photo album for us?

Being that I have not seen any work performed by Dr. Bishen Mahadevia, I certainly would like to see how your results turn out.

Remind me also, where is he located?

Bill

Hello Guys,

I have decided to go in for my 2nd hair transplant. I had my first one before 8 months. Can someone advice me on what should the ideal gap be between the first and second hair transplant and I am just too scared of the local anaesthesia.

Regards,

Bunty

Bunty, please keep us updated with your progress. At a minimum 6 months, optimum around 8 to 12 months. I can understand being impatient, but on larger sessions, its best to wait longer. I'd opt for a minimum of 8 months, and preferably 10 months to even a year

What concerns me about your question is that if you seriusly have concerns for your physical well being while under local anethestic, what about the doctor performing your work? A qualified surgeon will not allow you to become ill or sick from a HT and if you have some medical condition I hope you have ALREADY made this clear.

It sounds as if perhaps you are "going under" (using gas for sedation) and that should never be necessary for a HT in my opinion.

How is your first session coming along?

Hi Wylie,

Thanks for your reply. It has been 8 months since my first hair transplant, and this time i am going in for the crown area.

Also, I dont have any medical conditions and i am pefectly alright.

The doctor does not uses any gas or sedation and used only local anaesthesia. I was awake all during the procedure and was listening to music.

All i am afraid is of is local anaesthesia. thats it.

Regards,

Bunty

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hey bunty,

congrates !

i have heard about dr. mahadevia before. is he in ahmedabad, gujarat ? i live in chicago and i am visiting ahmedabad so i might visit dr. mahadevia for consultation.

My first hair transplat was perforemed by dr. rahal, canada last week.

As everone requested for more pictures on this website so Can you upload more pictures?

#1 HT by Dr. Rahal on 08-21-08

Strip 26.6 cm

Total 4308 grafts

-1116 single grafts

-2287 double grafts

-898 triple grafts

-7 quad grafts

Total Hairs: 8412

Medications:

Minoxidil 5%

Finasteride 1 mg daily

Bill,

it would be really nice to have a good HT Surgeron in india. i am going india in december therefore i would really like to see dr. mahadevia, staff, patients pictures and techniques he uses. if i could i will keep you posted.

You an expert Bill. So what type of things i should look into and ask when i visit the doctor? this will help to evaluate the doctor.

#1 HT by Dr. Rahal on 08-21-08

Strip 26.6 cm

Total 4308 grafts

-1116 single grafts

-2287 double grafts

-898 triple grafts

-7 quad grafts

Total Hairs: 8412

Medications:

Minoxidil 5%

Finasteride 1 mg daily