Famous People and HT!???

Money is such a big issue for most but not such a big issue for many balding super stars, Famous athletes/Actor's etc... Look at Jude Law for example, great hair, but with a little work could benefit greatly. Why if today's standards of HT are so good do these people NOT get the work done, especially if they are in the public eye so often?

Has always puzzled me anyway! I know it's down to each individual, but come on were all human and want to look our best! more so these guy's!!

Money is such a big issue for most but not such a big issue for many balding super stars, Famous athletes/Actor's etc... Look at Jude Law for example, great hair, but with a little work could benefit greatly. Why if today's standards of HT are so good do these people NOT get the work done, especially if they are in the public eye so often?

Has always puzzled me anyway! I know it's down to each individual, but come on were all human and want to look our best! more so these guy's!!

there was another recent thread regarding some of these issues. I, for one, wonder precisely this same question. Dennis Miller had a ht, and is quite vocal about it, with Bosley HIMSELF not one of his min. wage paid underdogs. His results do indeed look phenomenal, but there has been some question (by Jotronic, the Ron Jeremy of hair transplants--i.e.celebrity status---) that DM might be using concealer.

One does wonder why the hell guys who have balding heads, with all of that money, power, fame, and public scrutiny, don't hire Dr. Hasson to do an out call to their mansion and have a mega session done right away.

I have wondered this very thing many times, not only w/respect to movie stars but just SO many bald men in general. When I first began researching I wondered if it was because the photos I saw online of GREAT ht's were doctored, or special lighting was used, or if they were just bs;

now, I find myself almost fully convinced that there are really only a handful of ht docs in the WORLD who are capable of achieving such phenomenal results in 1-3 procedures. Furthermore, that same set of world class docs are not easily found. This sounds utterly absurd and flies in the face of all reason,

-BUT-

how may commercials have you seen for Bosley on tv? They are the Mcdonalds of hts, yet they get their name out their for one and the same reason, namely that they have a MASSIVE quantity of clinics and are just grinding out ht's. As a result, they can afford to advertise on infomercials which prey on the emotionally distraught and unstable individual. Where as on a forum like this, one expects a plethora of pictures of real patients and real feed back.

I for one had no idea how far ht's had come until I found this forum. Regarding the ultra wealthy and famous movie stars: they are NOT researching balding blogs to find docs. They ARE going to Beverly Hills where they *expect* the worlds best plastic surgeons to reside; and in all honesty I was shocked that from my research the best didn't reside in the plastic surgery mecca of the world either.

Why if today's standards of HT are so good do these people NOT get the work done, especially if they are in the public eye so often?

My question to you is, how do you know they don't?

I believe there are many famous actors that have either had hair transplantation and / or wear a hairpiece. After all, baldness does effect everyone, including Hollywood.

Whether or not to have hair transplant surgery is a choice. Just like out in the world, some Hollywood actors may choose to go bald gracefully while others are fighting against hair loss with every means possible.

Keep in mind however, in hair transplantation, every patient (rich or poor) has a finite donor hair supply and a surgeon can only work within a patient's physicological limitations. This makes hair transplantation more difficult to conceal hair loss on a patient with higher levels of baldness, which may or may not answer why some Hollywood actors choose to go bald gracefully or seek other means of concealing their hair loss.

Just my thoughts...

Bill

Here is the deal on celebrities and hair restoration. Because most of them do live in LA, the cosmetic surgery capital, they understandably think that all cosmetic surgeries in LA will be top notch. They simply ask (or tell) their personal assistants to find out who to go to. Personal assistants have "circles" they run in and they simply ask within their click whom their employer should see. It is almost always the big "B" or some other local, heavy advertising clinic because that is all they know. They generally do not do the research that is necessary to find a truly great clinic like you guys here do. It's as simple as a basic assumption and nothing more.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Originally posted by Bill:
Why if today's standards of HT are so good do these people NOT get the work done, especially if they are in the public eye so often?

My question to you is, how do you know they don't?

so true. jesus for proof look at this thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=147819

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

I would say that there is a higher concentration of piece-users and HT-patients among the Hollywooders and the very wealthy and famous.

But last night another one hit me like a smack of crack-cocaine...Jeremy Pivon from Enterouge (among other things) fame....I was watching an old movie of his (~10years past) and he had a viciously receded hairline....I then happened to browse through a few episodes of Enterouge and it was extremely obvious that he had work done or wears a piece.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Have you noticed that other people don't notice ht's or wigs as quickly as we (those thinning) do?

My wife didn't even notice when Guiliani wore that dead rat on his head. Or Paul Simon's either.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Aside from the whole "LA is the center of the Universe" problem, I think that actors and other rich and famous persons suffer from the same media bias that has been going around from years and still isn't dead: that hair transplantation is still in the "doll hair" large plug graphs and scalp reduction phase of development. Heck, when I made the mistake of go to MHF® - Medical Hair Fraud - in 2000/2001 they were successful telling patients that the micro/mini tech was "state of the art"; they were even still doing scalp reductions!

Before I and others found this site and board, we truly believed that hair transplantation was still in the dark ages and everyone would know that you had one. Bosley and MHR are still selling that false impression that they use state of the art techniques, when really most of their offices are at least ten years behind the current techniques. I think that actors can easily fall for this just like the rest of us. Maybe that is (at least partially) why many of them don't do an HT with a top doc.

Also, even with the best HTs, there are those of us that can still spot them. I'm actually pretty good at it. I once was reading a gossip wrag where they a writer was answering a similar question and made illusions to some celebrities that obviously had work done, use wigs, or other stuff to cover-up their problem. He mentioned, "and a certain funnyman who has added more to his hairline than to his waistline." Instantly, I knew he was talking about Kevin James from "The King of Queens". I mean, Mr. James has had some nice work, but it's obvious it's from an HT. His hair always looks the same, no matter what. That's a dead give-away.

I once dated a girl who worked as an actress (stage) in Austin who was showing me pictures of the cast for her show and I saw a guy there and asked if she knew where he got his hair transplant done. She was shocked and told me that there was no way that he had one. I insisted that he did - it was BEAUTIFUL work. He looked great, but for some reason, I could tell he had had one. I don't know why, I just did. So, she was a very pretty girl and talked to him privately one day to settle our disagreement and lo and behold, he had his work done with Dr. Alexander. If the doctor or his staff is reading, it truly was WONDERFUL work! Please don't take it as a insult - to the contrary, I certainly am considering Dr. Alexander for my next procedure due in part to seeing these results.

You know, I once saw a program on A&E where an art expert was a guest and she was amazing. She was an expert on French Impressionism and could instantly tell, no mater how perfect the forgery was, whether a work was real or a clever fake. Heck, some of the other guests were just as esteemed and even they were taken about about how this amazing woman was never wrong. I guess that stands to reason as to why, no matter how good the work, some people can just tell. I think that would be a good reason to reconsider why you are getting an HT; if you're doing it just to try and trick people in to thinking you were never loosing your hair or that you are younger than you are, you probably won't be too successful. If, however, you honestly just want to look better and have a nice cosmetic change for the better, the better odds you have for success.

His hair always looks the same, no matter what. That's a dead give-away.

I had heard and thought the same thing regarding his hair, but only because he has GREAT coverage but not so great density

-AND-

he as the anchor man do.

When you say his hair always looks the "same" and that is a dead give away; is the "same" referring to the way he styles it?

If not, then what do you mean?

Apart from what I mentioned above, I didn't think ht's were detectible at all. Other than the great coverage but not great density, how else could one tell?

After it has fully matured doesn't the hairs characteristic return to what it was prior to being transplanted, COMPLETELY?

ng2gb,

The thing about Kevin James's work is that it was very well done, but something about it looks "designed". I think that even the best of hair transplants might be detectible this way. The human mind likes patterns; this is why we see patterns in everything we do. Sometimes we see patterns that don't even exist, such as seeing a face in fog or a smudge on a mirror ??“ it's called matrixing. Because the human mind likes patterns so much, it is probable that even the most skillful of doctor might not be able to ignore this impulse. Recognizing patterns, after all, is the basic necessity for logic and reason.

Now that's not to say that some people don't have an advantage. High functioning Autistics have been known to possess a propensity of pattern recognition and prediction, myself included. So you might say that I have an unfair advantage when it comes to spotting the work of man over the creation of nature.

Of Mr. James: have you noticed that nine times out of ten when they shoot outside in direct sunlight either on his show or in the movies, he wears a backwards baseball cap? This is probably so that he can maintain the illusion of density. Also, I mean that I don't believe he can change his hairstyle: if he grows it out longer, his density issues are more apparent; his hair is arranged is such a strict pattern that he'd have to fight it to get to lay any other way; there just doesn't seem to be an ease about it. I have the feeling that he also uses concealors.

AS far as hair characteristics, I have heard mixed views: on one hand, if it is taken from the same area of the body it should conform very easily (i.e. hair taken from the donor and placed in the hairline should conform more to the quality of the hairline, however, the thicker hairs in some men - myself included - maintain the same level of thickness as it did in the donor); body hair tends to grow thicker and longer on the scalp when transplanted, but I have seen some BHTs where the hair maintains a certain kink that is separate than the straightness of the scalp. I guess it's hard to say...

I have noticed when Hairlines Transplants are simply overdone. For men in their 40s and 50s dont have the surgeon give you the thickness of a 20 year old. I am going to have a HT for my hairline this summer and I just want it like I had it 3 years ago and age 35 not 20 or 25. The new broadcaster's do on me would look so fake.

What I notice on Kevin James is an almost powdery type of appearance on the top. There is always a difference in how the top of his hair looks to the hair on the sides. I know he is using concealer of some sort as this is commonly used in the entertainment biz to begin with. I also think he had work done because, if memory serves, he has zero hairs in his temple points. While his hairline is high and mature one does not have that kind of density without at least some remnants of temple points. This appearance is usually found on HT patients where the doc doesn't or can't build temple points and also on those that are very bald and have chosen the wig route. No hair "system" can replace temple points. Temple points are important because it adds balance to the profile.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Jotronic,

Well stated. I wanted to add my 2 cents but you summed up essentially what I was going to say.

I took a little heat on a thread of a patient of Dr. Alexanders. The guy had great work done as typical of the good doc, but there was something that took away from it being a 10. It was the lack of temple points. I personally believe that this is too often overlooked.

I looked at Kevin James and knew immediately that he had a HT. Does this mean the work is inferior? I guess that is up for debate. It certainly is not subpar work but nonetheless if it is evident by a guy sitting 12 feet from the tube it is not perfect by any means.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

If his work is detectable then in my opinion it is not natural and a partial failure..

His hairline is straight across and not natural in my opinion.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!