Ten Year Anniversary Party for the Hair Transplant Network

• Administrators

Over ten years ago I shared my before and after photos online and began helping hair loss sufferers find their way to the best surgeons available. In time, I was joined by thousands of hair loss sufferers who generously shared their experiences and advice on this community.

Together we revolutionized how patients find and research the very best hair restoration treatments and physicians. We have also held physicians accountable for their work and required them to meet the highest standards of care to win our support and business.

The revolutionary idea of patients critiquing physicians and their work publicly was resisted by many physicians in the early days. Some still resist and even sue this community when they are criticized. But we have held our ground and continue to thrive.

The true leaders in hair restoration surgery have come to realize that an open and honest patient based forum community is their best friend. It enables them to cultivate educated patients not based on expensive marketing hype but based on real patient feedback and online word of mouth.

Over the years the cream has risen to the top and are recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. These physicians know that their recommendation requires them to stay at the top of their game because their patients may be posting their experience within hours of their surgery.

This community over the past ten years has helped thousands of patients achieve optimal results and enabled the leading clinics to dramatically lower their marketing overhead and prices. It has also given the hair restoration profession a powerful and compelling incentive to do the best work possible.

None of this would have been possible without the members of this forum community. You have been the driving force in the hair transplant patient advocacy movement. It is you, in collaboration with the true leading physicians, who have revolutionized the hair transplant profession.

It's virtually impossible to truly thank you enough. But I know that the "true believers" of this community know that helping their fellow hair loss comrades is the greatest reward and thanks possible.

We have come a long way together and we have much to celebrate. Bill and I want to invite the active members of this forum community to be our guests for dinner and drinks at our tenth anniversary party in Montreal, Canada on Thursday evening, September 4th.

Montreal is the location for this year's annual five day meeting of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS). Since the majority of our recommended physicians will be attending this big meeting, we chose to have the party in Montreal during the time.

This will be a great opportunity for members of this community to meet dozens of the world's leading hair transplant surgeons in person and over drinks. We would also appreciate your help in encouraging all our recommended physicians to post their results on this forum on a monthly basis.

Please feel free to reply below to RSVP. Bill will then provide you with additional details about the party.

We look forward to meeting some of you in person over dinner and cocktails. With your help the next ten years will be the best ever for patients and those clinics who provide the very best results.

1451015883_HTN.jpg

Onwards and Upwards,

Pat

HTN.jpg

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Somebody please raise an iced cold, Bud Light in appreciation for me. I'll do a lot for a free meal and open bar, but traveling to Montreal isn't among them. What with kids, wife, etc. and all....

But, the one thing I'm most thankful for is the people on here who directed me to several world-class surgeons for my second transplant. I was truly on the verge of heading back to the epicenter of hair restoration, Alabama, for another 3 or 400 mini graft session. (you all didn't know modern hair transplation started there? You need to check out the website as it claims they pioneered modern transplantation.)

Lately there have been a lot of new posters making some real negative posts, and I suppose this industry deserves it. But, all I know is I'm starting to look better and I'm worrying less and less about people noticing I've got large rows of hairs in my head (because I don't anymore). It's good so far, and I'm expecting it to get better in the coming months. As the commercial says; "So, here's to you, O' moderator of the hair transplant site...... You referee posts between balding men, transplant surgeons and occasional pot-stirrors on a daily basis, try and convince a guy at four months his transplant isn't 'finished', and assure the guy at one week post op he hasn't damaged all his new hairs...." "So, crack open an ice cold Bud Light, you trustee of the follicularly challenged....."

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

I'd like to raise a tall glass of frothy beer also to this community. If it wasn't for the physicians, patients and non-patients contributing invaluable information and pictures on this site, I would've have never gone through the life changing experience I went through this past Friday.

Thanks Again All icon_biggrin.gif

CR

So, here's to you, O' moderator of the hair transplant site...... You referee posts between balding men, transplant surgeons and occasional pot-stirrors on a daily basis, try and convince a guy at four months his transplant isn't 'finished', and assure the guy at one week post op he hasn't damaged all his new hairs...." "So, crack open an ice cold Bud Light, you trustee of the follicularly challenged....."

Dewayne,

That's classic! I always enjoyed those commercials :-)

The party is going to be a blast and I truly hope that some of you will be able to make it to the party whether you have to travel or are local to Montreal. Most of our recommended and prospective surgeons will be there and we will certainly have a blast!

Feel free to PM me if you wish to attend and for additional information.

Best wishes,

Bill

Excellent idea! I'm sure it will be a blast for anyone able to attend. Unfortunately, that time frame overlaps with the family vacation this year, but maybe next time.

There's certainly alot to celebrate, as this site has served as a valuable resource to so many people.

ah, Montreal in the summer....nothing quite like it, especially "people"(women) watching from a sidewalk patio while having a cold one. One of my favorite passtimes.

I am actually going to be in Montreal on that date, but I'm there partying with a group of friends and my absence that evening would be hard to explain...particulary since none of them know about my HT! oh well. Have a blast guys. Maybe I'll spot you at one of Montreals nite spots...you know the kind I mean. icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Dewayne:

"So, here's to you, O' moderator of the hair transplant site...... You referee posts between balding men, transplant surgeons and occasional pot-stirrors on a daily basis, try and convince a guy at four months his transplant isn't 'finished', and assure the guy at one week post op he hasn't damaged all his new hairs...." "So, crack open an ice cold Bud Light, you trustee of the follicularly challenged....."

It even sounds like the commercial.....

Cheers Dewayne!!!

BTW, I came across this, and thought it may be time for Pat to "Upgrade"....

8331044983_Pats_new_ride.jpg?ts=489FAB67&key=FFC43E3BD6CAC287DBF37BD787B3A9E1&referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fhair-restoration-info.com%2Feve%2Fforums%2F%2Cs%2C5696015661%2Ca%2Cga%2Cul%2C9831044983%2FPats_new_ride.jpg

Pats_new_ride.jpg.884af55ca7e31421873804e31344bf08.jpg

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors

• Administrators

Tim,

Wow, the new Hair Force One would even have a get away car! That could be useful.

I like the upgrade but we'd probably have to have MHR and Bosley as sponsors to be able to afford it. I guess I'll just have to make due in the little "Hair Force One" that could.

For those who are wondering what "Hair Force One " is visit the topic " Follicular Road Tripping ".

3921064983_Pat_and_his_new_RV.jpg?ts=489FAE28&key=55E24B2FFA0A8BAE147A55EDC58664B9&referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fhair-restoration-info.com%2Feve%2Fforums%2Fa%2Fga%2Ful%2F7041064983%2FPat_and_his_new_RV.jpg

Pat

P.S. Kman - Can't you slip away from your friends in Montreal and tell them you have a "dinner date"? It's going to be a party that you won't want to miss.

Pat_and_his_new_RV.jpg

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Wow, I really like the new Hair Force One concept vehicle with the get away car. Pat, considering how much traveling you do - it may be worth the investment. Perhaps if you save for about 80 years, you might be able to afford it icon_smile.gif.

I strongly encourage any of our members to join us for a great time in Montreal, especially those who are already going to be there (kman!).

It's going to be a fun time that you won't want to miss.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Mark and Adrian,

Great to hear you will be at the meeting and the party. I look forward to meeting both of you in person.

Onwards and Upwards, Pat

My Hair Loss Blog

thats it micheal,rub it in.its 11pm here,ive still got at least 3 hours work in front of me and its absolutely pissing down!

only joking icon_smile.gifi know the long hours you work sometimes,enjoy yourself and pat,Bill and anyone else who attended.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

I bet there were alot of hot chicks there?

I hear babes really dig Hair Loss Conventions.

I am not sure if you are sarcastic but there were indeed amazing chicks at the Hair Transplant Network party in Montreal. I expected mostly guys but it turns out that the crowd was 50%-50%, with the women, all of them without exception, very attractive. There are a lot of nurses/assistants and some female doctors, and maybe some wives, not sure.

Women in Montreal are very hot, but the ladies at that party are as hot if not hotter. You guys will see it from the pics from Pat.

By the way, the men are quite ok as well. I guess if you are so self-conscious to spend 10K on your hair, you would make sure that your appearance looks good the rest of the way.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Dear members and guests,

I would have truly loved for you all to be there.

Let's just say that those who attended can only attest to how magnificent and exciting our 10 year celebration party was. Planning it was both a lot of fun and a lot of hard work, as Pat (who did the majority of the planning) can attest to.

My time in Montreal was pretty much nonstop between party planning, attending the ISHRS scientific meetings, meeting and talking with many doctors and their staff, and attending all social functions and beyond. Let's just say it's nice to know even first-rate surgeons and their dedicated (and beautiful) nurses and surgical technicians can break loose and have a great time icon_smile.gif. I believe I probably had about 12-15 hours sleep over the 5 days I was there.

I think the most exciting part about venturing to Montreal for me was meeting and getting to know a multitude of amazing people, especially those associated with our community, surgeons, nurses, technicians, and patients.

Best wishes,

Bill

• Administrators

As Bill mentioned, this year's four day ISHRS physician meeting in Montreal was non stop 24/7. I'm just now recovering from the sleep deprivation.

On Saturday and Sunday we recorded interviews with 17 different leading physicians that will be presented on our websites. Bill attended almost all the seminars during the four day conference and will soon be sharing the highlights on this forum. However, most of what the issues and controversies the physicians discussed have long since been debated on this forum for years.

In addition, this years highest honors - the Golden and Platinum Follicle Awards - were given to two Coalition Physicians, with Dr. Jerry Cooley winning the Platinum Follicle Award and Dr. Paul Rose winning the Golden Follicle Award. Both Dr. Rose and Dr. Cooley have worked very hard over the years to not only provide optimal and ultra refined results for their patients but to elevate the standards within the hair transplant profession. Congratulations to both of these superb physicians and men. Thanks for Dr. Bessam Farjo as well for serving his profession this past year as the President of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS).

5941052393_Dr._Farjo,_Dr._Rose_and_Dr_Cooley.jpg?ts=48CBBDCC&key=9D19F0F891FB84D418F8BC05FCE1EF91&referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fhair-restoration-info.com%2Feve%2Fforums%2Fa%2Fga%2Ful%2F6901047393%2FDr._Farjo%2C_Dr._Rose_and_Dr_Cooley.jpg

Bill and I have also had great success in getting virtually ALL physicians recommended on the Hair Transplant Network to agree to post at least one photo album each month showing patient results. Members of this community deserve to see the results from all recommended clinics on a regular basis rather than only from the same small handful.

We will soon see a big increase in patient results being posted by a much wider range of clinics on the forum Patient Results Posted by Leading Hair Restoration Clinics. Getting all clinics actively sharing their results, will be healthy for this community. You deserve it.

Patients and doctors also had a great deal to celebrate during our ten year anniversary party Thursday night.

The quality of work and information being provided to patients today is vastly better than it was ten years ago. I believe that the Internet has enabled patients to share their experiences and advice and really hold physicians accountable for the work they do or do not do. This transparent accountability has given clinics an even greater incentive to provide only the very best results if they want to continue to garner educated patients online.

There certainly were many beautiful people at the party. But the real value of this party was to celebrate how a long standing collaboration between educated patients and ethical physicians and their staff has elevated the hair transplant profession/industry. It has been a long up hill climb in the face of resistance from many doctors over the years but together we have taken standards much much higher.

But there is no stopping or resting on our laurels. The climb will continue, as will the resistance from many doctors (including some disgruntled doctors who handed out fliers protesting this community at the meeting). But I expect that during the next ten years those physicians who are unwilling to operate in a transparent and ethical manner and share their results on forums will become marginal also runs at best. Most patients today simply know better than trust advertisements rather than to search for the truth online.

I want to thank the members of this community who have generously given their time on this forum to share their experiences and advice over the years. Without you there would be no patient movement and no Hair Transplant Network. You have held the entire hair transplant profession and this community accountable by demanding the very best and you're getting it.

We have come a long long way together! I know that together we can make the next ten years even better for our fellow hair loss suffers.

Long live this collaboration between active and educated patients and ethical and committed physicians and their staffs!

Pat

Dr._Farjo,_Dr._Rose_and_Dr_Cooley.jpg

My Hair Loss Blog

Wish I could have been there but had to work and was travelling ..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• Administrators

Photos from the 10 Year Anniversary Party.

5681087393_Dr_Vogel_and_his_wife_Nancy.jpg

Dr. Vogel and his wife Nancy

Dr_Vogel_and_his_wife_Nancy.jpg

My Hair Loss Blog

• Administrators

Ailene, Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Melike

8881087393_Ailene,_Dr._Ron_Shapiro_and_Dr._Melike_of_Transmed.jpg

Ailene,_Dr._Ron_Shapiro_and_Dr._Melike_of_Transmed.jpg

My Hair Loss Blog

• Administrators

During the party a doctor named "Dr. Quackaplaticus" crashed the party with four "surgettes" who shamelessly passed out fliers for his non surgical workshop. Apparently he believes that its more important for the surgical techs to look good then his patients. While Dr. Q will certainly never be recommended on the Hair Transplant Network we did let him and his "surgettes" stay for obvious reasons.

7981087393_Dr._Bob_Haber,_Surgettes_and_Dr._Mohebi.jpg

Dr._Bob_Haber,_Surgettes_and_Dr._Mohebi.jpg

My Hair Loss Blog