I am strongly against hair systems !

rtmus72

I had a hair system for 3 months before I decided to have a surgery. It has been 2 months since the surgery and can't see the results yet but I am happier than ever.

yet, it does look fantastic the days you leave the salon. WOW, nobody can notice.. The coast of maintaining a good hair system is high. To maintain is a second job and on the top of that if you like to work out, be outside, practice sports, water sports, ski .. forget it.. it is not for you.. for a few minutes during the day, I felt good about it. for the rest 23 hours I felt misareble. if you are a canditate of hair transplant. go for it !

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think people can decide for themselves if it's "for them" or not.

As for sports, exercise, swimming, rain, a damn windy day... what would you do with your natural hair? You'd brush it. Run your hands through it. Dry it, even. Same as.

Maintenance is easy. Do it at home yourself! There's no cost involved, apart from a little adhesive. Alternatively, you just have to find a GOOD company.

If you find a good company, your hair will look like flawless, always. When I say flawless, I mean real. It's not going to look like a l'oreal cover shoot, obviously. Who's does?

It's that simple. And it's not as horrendous as wasting 2 years of your life, the equivalent of a small mortgage, and possible future scaring on a transplant.

That's just my view. Do some research - make up your own minds :-)

• 2 months later...

The problem is that hair systems are classed as amusing and raise a smile if people know you are wearing one. It's not right, but that's the way it is. Plus if you meet someone new, at what stage do you tell them that your hair isn't real? It may come as quite a shock.

I find that most people accept you for what you are, and if you have no hair they don't particularly notice, they just accept that is you and that is what you look like.

You are better to shave your head or get a No.1 or No.0 zero than a hairpiece.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that hair systems only "raise a smile", if you feel insecure about wearing one yourself. And, you really shouldn't. If it looks great, it is great. If it doesn't look great, you didn't research enough.

Being accepted for who you are. Well, you said it. But surely an individual has the choice, the freedom to decide; to have hair/to not. Personally, I talk about it freely - my hair looks and feels amazing, maintenance takes me about 30 minutes each week. In conversation people might say "Hey, at least you've still got all your hair!" and I'll quite openly say "yeah, it's not real. Comes from a factory in china". We all grin, and no-one even bats an eyelid.

Come on people, we live in a world of ultimate cosmetic surgery - do you really think anyone gives a **** about where your hair comes from? It would be like critisizing someone for having dental veneers or breast implants.

And, as for the phrase "that's just the way it is"... I don't know, does that seem good enough for you? For your life? Imagine you work in an office and you find a new a way of doing something; it reduces costs and saves time... and then someone tells you that hey, yeah, that would be great... but we do it this way... it's just the way it is.

Bulls***, no?

That's my point.

It's not about what other people think, or how they perceive you; it's about what you need to make you feel like YOU.

The defence rests ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

TheHairGuy,

I don't know what planet you come from, but to say that people don't care if your hair is real or not means you must come from a galaxy far, far away! I personally don't care how "real" a hair system can look in public, it's just FAKE and THAT is the problem!

If you go out and meet a new girl who is attracted to you, WHAT HAPPENS NEXT when you start fooling around and she discovers the obvious ? IMO, even if she is a sweet good natured girl, she has the right to be pissed about it that you had to LIE in order to get in the sack with her! Women HATE liars/deceivers, and to me this is the HUGE problem with phony hairpieces.

I have a cousin who is a NW6 and wore hairpiece for awhile. He was so desperate that he hooked up with a mail order bride from Russia and brought her all the way back here to the USA. They actually got married, but 2 weeks after the honeymoon he broke the news to her and she saw him for the first time without the hairpiece. Guess what happened next ? She split and went back to Russia, after hitting him over the head with a vase. Her main complaint was that he had to LIE and DECEIVE her in order to win her affection. She even said (according to him) that she would have accepted him as a baldie, but that if he lied about his hair then what else would he lie about in the future. Of course, I DO NOT believe that she would have even responded to his initial emails on the mail order bride website had she seen him without the rug (this woman was a KNOCKOUT!!). Women are the best liars of all!

At least with a good modern HT you can GET AWAY with concealing the truth (if you're the right candidate)! A rug will always just be a rug -- PERIOD !! I have NEVER met one girl who didn't view a rug as something dispicable and dishonest, and also as something that makes ANY dude a huge dork in their eyes. They'd much rather a guy who shaves down and accepts his baldness like a man !!

You couldn't pay me $1,000,000 to wear even the best rug offered today. It might work as long as you ALWAYS maintain a healthy distance from people and never have any intimacy; but what kind of life is that anyway ? I'd rather just be bald and honest with myself and others.

Labrat: I am confused.

If your cousin waited until 2 weeks after the wedding to tell his wife he wore a hairpeiece, then that means they didn't have sex until 2 weeks after they were married. If your theory is true, then they couldn't have been intimate before that because she would have discovered his hairpiece.

And if he waited until after the wedding, then I think he is as big a jerk as she is.

You obviously have some real issues with hairpieces, because otherwise, you wouldn't waste your time writing lengthy messages here. You're not helping anybody - so your reason for writing must be a selfish one. Since your story about your cousin sounds fishy, I suspect you were the one who got busted.

Maybe you should be in a lab somewhere finding a cure for baldness rather than ranting about something you seem to have very little knowledge of.

labrat69,

You could not be more wrong about women! One thing I've learned over the years is that women do not think like us men! I'm in the entertainment business and a few years ago I receded very fast. I got an offer to front a band but unfortunately my hair loss was a let down for the part so I got a really good system made and boy have I pulled women!!! ... It took a huge step for me to do this as I wondered exactly that what you said... "What would I do if a new girl comes along" I was sick with worry! but ya know what I did?... I deliberately went out to get girls and had many one night stands just to see what the reaction would be as well as of course enjoying the night! Never did I find a girl that had a problem with! Many girls knew me before I got the system and they came to me asking about it and of course I was open with them and why I had it done! After a little giggle and if I liked them I would on many occasions take them out! ... and before you say anything, No I'm not mr slick nor do I think I'm the coolest thing since sliced bread but I have a personality and that's what women find more attractive in any guy! Ya see, women love the cosmetic world! They live in it 24/7 - I don't let it be the center of my world, I just get on with it and be myself.

Yes I can understand your comment if I went out and got one of those ?‚¬50 wigs. Wearing it would take away from my appearance obviously BUT I had an excellent system made and it looks even better than some guys with real hair. I style it and it's good. Two years ago I ended a 7 year relationship with a lovely girl who had remained with me and supported me when I was going through the torment of not knowing weather to go ahead with this. I ended the relationship for another girl I had just met simply for lust as she was stunning! I never said anything about my hair until a few weeks later she asked what it was she felt and I told her. She did not bat an eye lid! Its a strange thing because any girl I explained it to in the beginning I thought would run a mile - instead they wanted to get closer!!! They thought the fact that I got this done and of course my being POSITIVE about it and MYSELF made them all the more attracted to me and I tell you my friend it goes on! I'm sorry to have went on about this but I was knocked a little from your shallow unscrupulous and negative approach to how people see others. People only pick up wrong vibes from negative people because it shows and stick out a mile! I started off this conversation about how different women are than men and how I went out of my way to discover this in more ways than one! Men on the whole will drop a women for a simple pleasure or something petty! BUT 9/10 women will stick by their guy even if his legs fell off let alone his stupid hair! Behind every good man is a better woman and that is what makes this world go on because even our leaders would not come close to their ability and outlook my shallow friend!

I've seen their site & video before. They are selling ThinSkin hairpieces - nothing more. Forget about their statement that they are "creating follicles" and "follicular patterns" and all that double-talk nonsense.

Originally posted by TheHairGuy:

I think people can decide for themselves if it's "for them" or not.

As for sports, exercise, swimming, rain, a damn windy day... what would you do with your natural hair? You'd brush it. Run your hands through it. Dry it, even. Same as.

Maintenance is easy. Do it at home yourself! There's no cost involved, apart from a little adhesive. Alternatively, you just have to find a GOOD company.

If you find a good company, your hair will look like flawless, always. When I say flawless, I mean real. It's not going to look like a l'oreal cover shoot, obviously. Who's does?

It's that simple. And it's not as horrendous as wasting 2 years of your life, the equivalent of a small mortgage, and possible future scaring on a transplant.

That's just my view. Do some research - make up your own minds :-)

Just because you were miserable doesnt mean everyone would be. Its dependant on many things.

How good the hair piece is?

How much hair you have with the hair piece?

When you start to wear it?

Etc.

When I first started losing my hair it was rapid and I tried a small hair piece and as I brushed my hair down and kept my hair long you couldnt tell I wore one, but the hair piece was small just enough to help my hairline.

Costs were low, maintainance was easy, couldn't feel it was on and made my life easier.

I think if you wait until your bald then wear one it might look bad (although I've seen some look good with people with little hair).

If you are single and want to wear one of course it might me hard to bring up. But I didn't have to worry about that.

Its not the perfect solution but its definately a decent option.

Some transplants just like hair pieces don't look all that great either.

I dont think coming on here and stating negative things is very nice, aren't we here to support each other?

Anyway all the best hope your transplant looks great!

Wearing hair isn't for everyone - it definitely takes the right attitude. I started wearing hair over 25 years ago...wigs, weaves, integration units, etc. None of the hair regimens worked for my hairloss and I was not a candidate for transplants. When I finally discovered hair systems, my life changed dramatically! I always told my dates that I "wore supplemental hair". If they asked why (only one asked) I just answered honestly and said my thin hair was a real pain in the neck to style and I needed the help.

Wigs, weaves, extensions and integration hair pieces were always a problem for me. Two reasons - 1. If anyone touched my head, the wefts, glue, etc. were easy to feel. I was always self aware of the fact that my scalp must feel like Frankenstein's...ugh. 2. These things were NEVER secure enough. One tug, heavy wind or physical activity would have revealed the hair easily.

Now? heh heh...I buy great hair. I have perfected my method of bonding so you would NEVER know I was wearing. It takes me 30 minutes once a week to maintain, clean and reattach my hair all by myself - I don't pay anyone to do it for me...AND no matter how hard the wind blows, how fast the motorcycle drives, how much I "perspire" during the 5Ks, how deep I swim in the ocean, how fast I waterski, how slow I snowboard (Cut me a break I'm just learning!), how fast the rollercoaster goes (Cedar Point anyone?, how high the diving board is, how hard I get thrown from a horse (yes, it happened...and it was really bad - so far 8 months of recovery and counting) and no matter how hard my "caveman wannabe" husband tugs my hair (yes, he does) it never moves and is totally secure.

Bottom line? I'm thankful for hairsystems...REALLY thankful. I'm ALSO happy that others have found their solution through transplants, or regimens that work for them. I'm excited for anyone who conquers hairloss whatever method they use...because I know how much it has done for me. Here is a picture of me taken a few weeks ago...any questions?

Lynnette

Now for the DISCLOSURE -

thehaircoaches_-_Lynnette.jpg.685c0f435090be8421feb91cff66c2ba.jpg

DISCLOSURE: I teach people how to order, wear and maintain non-biological hair AND an hourly rate applies! :)

I do NOT represent any hair company, I do NOT sell any products and my only clients are the people who need my services.

The type of coaching that I offer - personal phone calls, web-casts, video/picture sharing, email - all in a private environment - is what I am passionate about. I feel strongly that there are people who want to learn in a safe, private exchange by communicating with someone who ACTUALLY wears hair.

My desire is to help others learn how to wear hair confidently and quickly for a fair, affordable price.

Aww... icon_biggrin.gif thanks a bunch Caggy!

DISCLOSURE: I teach people how to order, wear and maintain non-biological hair AND an hourly rate applies! :)

I do NOT represent any hair company, I do NOT sell any products and my only clients are the people who need my services.

The type of coaching that I offer - personal phone calls, web-casts, video/picture sharing, email - all in a private environment - is what I am passionate about. I feel strongly that there are people who want to learn in a safe, private exchange by communicating with someone who ACTUALLY wears hair.

My desire is to help others learn how to wear hair confidently and quickly for a fair, affordable price.

Labrat,

You do realised that that's like saying "Hey, I just dumped my totally hot swimsuit-model girlfriend... because I found out she wears make-up!"

Come on, guys, aren't we over this yet? Fake teeth, fake nose, fake boobs, fake hair, fake complexion. It's not even new anymore; it's just a way of life.

There's nothing "natural" about losing your hair. It's something that afflicts people's lives. I wonder if you'd be saying the same thing if this was an alopecia forum, or a thread on hair systems for people with long term illnesses? And that whole "be a man" thing you've got going is just, well, kind of immature.

I think that most women would rather date a guy who's open, honest, and takes care of his appearance, than a guy who just wants to "get women in the sack". And don't claim to know what ALL women think. That train of thought's a stones throw away from a Nazi regime.

Think about that one.

Peace

THG ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

HairGuy,

Well, I just saw this post so I'll give you my reply. BTW you sound like a shill for hair systems -- do you have a "plan" to sell to me (lol) ?

Point 1: How can you even remotely compare a woman wearing makeup to a "hair system" ? That's got to be the most ridiculous thing I think I've ever read on here! You're either a wig salesman with an agenda, or you're just a guy wearing a piece and living in a fantasy world. For many women (at least the one's who would attract me) make-up just enhances an already beautiful face for certain social occasions, or special moments in the sack -- and the rest of the time they don't wear any. There's nothing fake about that IMO.

Point 2: Fake boob implants and fake teeth (unless dentures) are permanent and don't have to be removed for servicing every 2 weeks. And you are dead WRONG about the general public's view of hair systems being comparable to botox injections or dental cosmetics, as from my experience people generally accept those things as "normal" today but still consider rugs to be absolutely hilarious. Therefore, for your comparison to make any sense it would have to either be a woman who has NO tits and wears cushions under a bra, or one who has horribly saggy tits that hang down to the floor but keeps them nice and firm looking with some type of harness under her shirt. Now I ask YOU point blank -- do YOU want to be with a woman whose tits hang down to the floor and are full of celluloid when her harness comes off, or one that had her tits surgically removed from breast cancer but FOOLED YOU with some FAKE cushions under a bra ? Or do YOU want the real deal ? How are YOU going to react when you hit the sack with either of these women and realize that they DECEIVED you ?

Point 3: Beyonce wears a system ? So is she a Norwood 6 without it, or does this system just "enhance" her already natural hair ? I ask because there is a HUGE difference between the two, both in mine AND the general public's view of hair systems.

Point 4: You say I don't know anything about women, but I think I know a good bit more than you do. What type of women are you talking about anyway, the gold diggers with nose jobs who don't care whether you are bald or not because they just want to steal your money ? Or are you talking about women who are looking for real romance and a real potential lifetime partner ? If you are talking about the latter, then I can GUARUNTEE you my friend that they will NOT want that ridiculous wig on your head!! The good ones will tell you they accept you as you are and love you for what's on the inside, and it will disgust them if you are so fake and insecure that you need this stupid rug on your head to go out in public. But the gold diggers and fake one-night-stands will not mind in the least because you're just another discard to take advantage of, or a UTILITY that they see as a machine to provide them with an easy life while they think about other men with hair when they get horny.

If that kind of life satifies you then fine, go ahead and live it. But for me I need something much deeper, romantic, and more genuine. I don't want to get in the sack with a girl and then find out she has a body of cellulite that was expertly hidden by her clothes, and that's pretty much what men are doing with "hair systems" IMO. Hence I will NOT wear a stupid rug on my head just to announce to the whole world how phony and insecure I am about my hairloss. I'd rather be bald and retain some sense of dignity -- THANK YOU !!!!!!

Originally posted by TheHairGuy:

Labrat,

You do realised that that's like saying "Hey, I just dumped my totally hot swimsuit-model girlfriend... because I found out she wears make-up!"

Come on, guys, aren't we over this yet? Fake teeth, fake nose, fake boobs, fake hair, fake complexion. It's not even new anymore; it's just a way of life.

There's nothing "natural" about losing your hair. It's something that afflicts people's lives. I wonder if you'd be saying the same thing if this was an alopecia forum, or a thread on hair systems for people with long term illnesses? And that whole "be a man" thing you've got going is just, well, kind of immature.

I think that most women would rather date a guy who's open, honest, and takes care of his appearance, than a guy who just wants to "get women in the sack". And don't claim to know what ALL women think. That train of thought's a stones throw away from a Nazi regime.

Think about that one.

Peace

THG ;-)

Labrat,

Ahem..

1, 2, 3, 4, .....6, 7, 8, ....9, ....10

Nope, I'm not ready yet. I'll let you know when I can respond in a constructive way.

Runman,

Sorry for your bad luck. It truly does stink that those companies still get away with the tactics they use. Your comments are typical of people who use them. The hair, the products and the service are typically unsatisfactory...not to mention the fact that you have to mortgage your home or sell your firstborn child for your hair!

I'm curious to know how long ago it was that you wore your hair? I was lucky enough never to have fallen into any "club" trap. I order my hair online and it comes through the mail. I apply it myself in 30 minutes once a week. While I realize you have stated you aren't interested in wearing again (and I can certainly understand why) would it also be fair to say that products could be different elsewhere and that it's possible given the proper hair, products and training your results could have been much more successful?

Just curious!

Lynnette

I'm not sure whether I'm for or against hair systems but I have to say I agree with everything Labrat69 has said! He makes some very good points.

I guess they have their place but there is currently a stigma associated with them and you cannot deny that... shame, I'd love it if they were accepted.

I personally think that hair systems will become acceptable when they look completely natural. Perhaps that day will come (or has) but that is the true measure of all cosmetic treatments.

Blond.

-----------------------------

PhD (Experimental and Clinical medicine)

1.25mg Finasteride

Minoxidil 5% (EOD)

Nizoral 1% (x3/week)

Labrat,

I think all the 'dignity' you had, left the room right before you turned every woman on the planet into a sex object with that last post. But hey, 'if that's the way you want to live your life', then kudos to you, homey.

Hair systems, done right, look so real no-one would ever know. EVER. That's the deal. I don't work for a salon, I don't make any money from it, all I know is what I see. Hair systems done wrong... look like a rug. We use the word to describe a particularly bad wig. We use the word wig to describe an obviously fake hair piece. Hair systems are neither of these, and only removable for what... 30 minutes a fortnight in the bathroom? In private. On your own. For every moment of every day outside of that 30 minutes, and read this close, because I know you're having trouble: It. Is. Your. Own. Hair. It feels real. It looks real. You pull on a strand, and it pulls on your scalp. It's like hair extensions, except direct to the scalp. Get it? Got it? Good.

Now, if you're happy to live your life being bald, feeling insecure about your baldness (I mean, you're answering questions on a hairloss site, so I assume you have 'issues' other than the obvious mental stuff) then go right ahead. Don't bite the apple. You'll never know. For the rest of the people out there who see baldness for the disease that it is (yes, disease; a bodily reaction out of your control) they know that they can do something about it, look great, and have the balls to get on with the rest of their life - feeling and looking awesome. Always.

You're telling me that, if you met the most amazing girl (or boy... I'm not judging) and you fell in love and he/she was perfect and all of the great stuff that comes with it... you'd turn around and say no if she told you she had fake hair (which you didn't spot, because it looked and felt so awesome) because of alopecia or something?

I don't believe you...................

There's nothing fake about wearing make-up to alter your appearance? Because, shit, I thought that was what make-up was all about. And, unlike a hair system, make up comes off EVERY night. If you want to go down that route then hey, contact lenses, without the lenses the wearer's short sighted. So I guess that makes all lens wearers deceitful liars who wouldn't be able to get girls without them, huh? Yeah............ What would you call concealer? Go on, answer it, you know you want to icon_wink.gif

So, even though you have no idea if Beyonce has any real hair left or not, you're happy to say that she's completely validated for "deceiving" everyone with a hair system (or, as I would say it, having the balls to go out and look how she wants to look, regardless of what some narrow minded guy on the Internet might say...) just because she might have hair underneath it already? Is that what you're saying?

As for your other comments about women, sagginess, and, basically, all that other shit you mentioned: grow a pair and get out more. Because right now you're coming off like a 16 year old virgin living in mom's basement. Have you ever dated a girl? I mean, a REAL girl. I know you have this problem with REAL hair, FAKE hair, and stuff, but, come on, be honest, you can tell me - have you ever dated a REAL girl? Because, you know, probably 95% of the female population wear some kind of make-up every day. Not just on "special occassions". If you haven't, don't worry about it; it's nothing to be ashamed of. There are lots of insecure, ignorant, rude people out there. You're not alone.

THG ;-)

Oh, and if I ever see any of those "women full of celuloid" out there, I'll let you know. Keep the movie industry alive, broheme.