I am strongly against hair systems !

rtmus72

Having been a wearer for nearly 20 years in my opinion the only person who believes the hair system is undetectable is the wearer. You convince yourself nobody knows, you even forget you've got it on - but believe me nobody else does. The only reason others don't say anything is because most people don't, not to your face anyway.

I thought I got away with it more in my early 20s, probably because it was hard to believe someone that young would be wearing a wig. As I got older I became an object of ridicule, despite the fact nobody would ever say it to my face.

Where did you get your wigs from?

The reason i ask is that today the availability of near perfect wigs is almost the norm unlike 20 years ago and sadly at some places today.

Education on wearing is needed to be a sucessful wearer and it isn't rocket science either.:rolleyes:

The golden rules for not getting busted are appropriate density, colour match, grey precentage if appropriate and hairline shape and placement.

If you ignore any of these factors then you will get busted,no doubt about it!:eek:

I could sit in your company and you would never in a million years know or guess that i wore and that is not me being dillousional either.;)

I have some very straight talking family and friends and believe me, if they even guessed i wore i would be ripped to shreds!!!!:eek:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I wasn't wearing the same wig for 20 years!. Over the years I used all of the top salons in London, I stayed in touch with new developments and tried every type of system.

I agree with you wideparting that there is much you can do to prevent getting busted including constant clever styling. I also agree with they guy posted earlier who said that there are too many life situations that crop up along the way - windy days lifting the front or sides up and everyone seeing the line (and all the hair on the system lifts, not just a few hairs unless you use tons of product), those intimate moments when they get too close to touching your hair..

My family, friends and work colleagues are all very forthright and yet nobody said a word. I think it's the fact 'they know' 'they know you know' 'they think you know they know'. You can't honestly tell me you havent been in a situation where someone makes a seemingly random hair joke..

Hey I'm not down on systems, as a cosmetic solution i think anyone that has or wants one should go for it if they think it will help them (i wouldn't leave the house without mine on) but I just think people need to be realistic about what it is, it's limitations and not to be delusional about how it looks to others or live in denial that they are not bald because they have a system glued the their head.

I don't mind being proven wrong mate, why not post some pics so we can see how good your hair looks?

I can't imagine anyone is in denial about wearing a wig thats why they wear a wig because they are bald.

Like most things if you have a good hair piece no-one will know but that depends on many factors. if you dont start wearing until you've lost lots of hair then everyone is going to know but if you start wearing when loss is minimal then the change wont be picked up.

Its like hair transplants you can spot the bad ones but the good ones are undectectable to the eye, there of course advantages and dissadvantages to both. Often HT's dont give the thickness a hair piece does, but a ht gives you real hair, etc etc etc.... Plenty of people have commented on HT's on various forums that I've read and I have to say if I had those results I wouldnt be happy but they often only get positive responses. So maybe some of the ht patientsmay well be in denial too. I dont reply as I dont want to post negative comments about someone who has just spent a small fortune. Plus the most important thing is that person is happy just like if someone wearing is happy. Its not up to me or you to destroy their confidence and ceratinly not start putting them down or bragging just because you've had or going to have surgery or dont want to wear anymore.

Maybe you've met people who wear a piece and are in denial about being bald but that simply doesnt make sense as its a contradiction.

Plus posting pictures I always feel is a bit irrelevant because you automatically know they are wearing so its impossible to say oh yeah thats not a wig because you know it is,but the bloke in the street wouldnt know and certainly isnt going to anaylize your hair as much as the person wearing.

I have been in a few situations at the pub with close mates who have ripped other people apart because of their hair,and yes even i have joined in on that.

In fact one of the blokes is well known in the area who openly admited to transplants and as the years have past he has resorted to more and more concealer and it does look very odd,in fact freakish is best described of his hair. Trouble with him is that his side and back hair has thinned to an extent that there is no more donor hair,which is the case with most guys eventually,it does catch up on you.

Regarding photos i myself would never post my picture on the web for a variety of reasons but fair play to the guys who do!

For proof of how good and realistic they can look then just have a search around the hairwearing forums.

I have to also add that i have never had a problem with my hair in the wind either and most the time i never use any products.

If you get the density and size correct then you won't have that problem.

Maybe the answer is not going to and trusting the so called top hair replacement salons?

Complete rip off if you ask me!and not just monetry either!

It is all about having the correct knowledge to wear successfully!