Dermmatch (Pics)

After reading all these comments about Dermmatch, i have decided to add my 2 cents.

I have been using Dermmatch for two months now and its not what I expected. According to the product, you can swim or play sport with it. Well, guess what? Took a swim today and decided to test out the product. After few lap in the pool, the color disappeared from my head. Also I have tested the product playing basketball. When I started to sweat, I am getting few streaks running down my forehead. Pretty embrassing I would say. Not sure what I do wrong but I thought this product shouldn't do that. I am going to test courve and maybe nanogen after I used up all Dermmatch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mgmjtech

I would try blowdrying it then using a towel to wipe off the excess then blow dry it again. A lot of experienced users do this with good results. Read page 4 and 5 of this topic.

I have never used dermmatch but i have used couvre and my only problem was that it rubbed off on pillows leaving dark stains.

Im not sure if you have the same problem with dermmatch but i'm guessing you might. Any ideas on how to handle this guys. Any tips on avoiding these embarassing situations when using dermmatch and sleeping on white pillows? icon_confused.gif

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by jnel24:

Hi Robert, just a question for you. When to you apply the gel? I do the gel first then the dermatch and toppik last. I assume applying gel after you put in the dermatch would be messy. Thanks

My method Works wonders but I have short hair called "High&tight"... takes 15 mins but it is the 1-2 punch that you hear about... a real trip.

After Extensive research and trauma =) I decided on Derm. After 1+yrs use so far- and lots of practice... Basically i do in this order:

1) DERM,

2)"Sm-amt" of surf hair(texurizing gel),

3) NANO,

4) any prefered SPRITZ hairspray.

There is a method I have yet to post but that is the bare bones if you will.

I have applied just the dermmatch the night before and finished the process in the morning by simply spritzing w/ some h2o then start @ (2).

Also if your are not careful you will break hairs during application tho mostly when hair is dry...

Oh ya Rob's pics partially persuaded me to start w/ Dermmatch although I use a fraction of what he does and I have way less hair. Thx man. cheers!

Now if I can just get a 6mo supply of applicators Ill be set =)

Originally posted by Take a chance:

mgmjtech

I would try blowdrying it then using a towel to wipe off the excess then blow dry it again. A lot of experienced users do this with good results. Read page 4 and 5 of this topic.

I have never used dermmatch but i have used couvre and my only problem was that it rubbed off on pillows leaving dark stains.

Im not sure if you have the same problem with dermmatch but i'm guessing you might. Any ideas on how to handle this guys. Any tips on avoiding these embarassing situations when using dermmatch and sleeping on white pillows? icon_confused.gif

White Pillows= Bad

A)dark colors work(red, tan, Patterns)

B)Buy sleepcap

C)Walmart; Dri-sweat mesh caps $3

For less "rub-off" try

1)doing your application,

2)let it "dry"

3)spritz hair w/ h2o and apply a texure paste while hair is a bit damp

4)Some hairspray

Be sure to experiment and mess with ur hair to see how long it will stay proper and how much abuse it will take. =)

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

The Key to using Dermatch is to "lock in" the product to your hair with hair products such as hairspray and/or a little fiber paste . I always used a bit and then a light spray (brush repeat if needed). If you are looking for a product which is a bit more waterproof try Courve as it is a paste.

I used both and they are quite effective

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 5 months later...

I use Nanogen Locking Mist. For me it is far better than the Toppik equivalent (even though I prefer Toppik fibres to Nanogen). It has a very firm hold and a nice neutral scent.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Robo,

I chose dark brown. Dermatch will send you one other color for free after your initial purchase in case the color isn't exactly right, though. I am sending off for the lighter brown. Once I get that, I will post some pics of how it looks too.

-Robert

I went to their website to order some tonight.......and I just noticed that you can buy one, two, or three.....and get one free if you buy 3. I know this thread was started a long time ago....so thinking maybe the company sending you a free disc was a thing of the past?? Can anyone shed some light on this? If noone knows, I'll email the company on Monday morning.

Thanks everyone!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

• 2 weeks later...

:(Major bummer!!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.