Dermmatch (Pics)

How long are you post-op, Deepinthought?

If you are over 10 days post op then you aren't going to lose any grafts by shampooing a little harder to get the dermatch out. I have not had a problem in getting dermatch out with normal shampooing but perhaps in your case a second shampooing would help? After all, the bottle does say "Rinse and Repeat," right? icon_biggrin.gif

Hope this helps, man.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question about Dermatch who have used it already. How do you incorporate minoxidil with dermatch in the morning since it takes quite a time for minoxidil to be absorbed into the scalp? Can Dermatch be used right after minoxidil applied? thank you for responses...

waittosee,

I wouldn't recommend using Dermatch directly after applying Minoxidil. You would be best served by waiting at least an hour or so for the minoxidil to dry.

-Robert

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all.

I currently use Prothik on my crown in between surgeries for the past year.

I just had another surgery 3 weeks ago and am experiencing shock in the crown with the very little density hair I had back there.

Now some spots have very little or no hair to work with when applying the concealers.

The Prothik is starting not to look as good seeing I have much less hair temporarily hopefully.

Does Dermamatch work well on thinner crowns with very little hair?

If not which concealer looks the best with very sparse coverage of hair in crown?

Since all concealers must have surrounding hair to work with, if there is an actual bald spot then nothing may be ideal for you at this time. That being said, Dermmatch does bond to the hair shaft and actually makes it thicker as well as color the scalp which blends it in nicely with the surrounding hair thus creating much less of a contrast. I think that Dermmatch, applied correctly, would give you the best result at this stage. Consider sprinkling on some Toppik also.

-Robert

Thanks, Hairseeker2, but my crown is still a little thin for my taste. Not thin enough to warrant another procedure at this time but thin enough that a little Dermmatch and Toppik makes it look great.

Thanks again, though. icon_biggrin.gif

-Robert

• 2 months later...

Hi can SUm1 plz\ help dermatch seems to b working fine.. but i have as problem with it coming out everytime i touch my hair.. am i doing something wrong? also the container tends to turn into a mud hole.. do you have to keep wettting the applicator??? or just once?? thx.

• 2 weeks later...

You are using way too much water on the applicator. It only needs to be damp and sometimes it works fine dry. Try it both ways. Additionally, after you have applied it, it is a good idea to towel off the entire area to blend in any inconsistent patches and knock off any extra Dermmatch in there. This will keep it from coming off on your fingers. A little goes a long way with this stuff and less is definitely more.

-Robert

• 5 months later...

Would this product stay in all day? How long will it be until the effect starts to fade or wear off?

Could you exercise with it in? Meaning: would sweat ruin it and make it run or come off/out?

Thanks

BTW, Forum Moderator & Satisfied Patient: do you exercise with that stuff in, would you?

You seem to be physically fit, so I'm wondering if you would wear that to the gym etc...?

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

I used to use this stuff a 2-3 years ago on top and crown until my crowned thinned enough I just didn't have enough hair........you could see a little shine on my scalp!

From looking at your pic's, you'd be a perfect candidate. I looked into a lot of concealer's at the time and feel Dermmatch is the best.

Dermmatch does stay in all day. The effects won't fade or wear off until you shampoo them out. I'm not sure I would excercise with it in? Depending on how much you perspire it would probably be okay.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Originally posted by hairbank:

I used to use this stuff a 2-3 years ago on top and crown until my crowned thinned enough I just didn't have enough hair........you could see a little shine on my scalp!

From looking at your pic's, you'd be a perfect candidate. I looked into a lot of concealer's at the time and feel Dermmatch is the best.

Dermmatch does stay in all day. The effects won't fade or wear off until you shampoo them out. I'm not sure I would excercise with it in? Depending on how much you perspire it would probably be okay.

Thanks, I ordered some to test it out!

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hi

Dermatch is great if you have some hair to cling to. Yes, you can exercise with it and no it doesn't stain clothes permenantly. A little hairspray work worders to keep it in the hair..

I do one thing differently. I don't wet the applicator. When i first get the new package, I put a little water in the Dermatch disk, let it dry..

Then, I'm good to go. The one package lasts a long time

It's good stuff!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I've tried the "dry" method before and it works for me too. Not better in my case, just different. I have to stress that "experiment" is the key word in using this or any concealer. The more you work with it, the more you will find the most effective technique for appliation.

-Robert

• 1 month later...

Hey how's it goin.... Bro im 23 years old, and about 2 years ago after my 21st birthday i started noticing that my front line was starting to thin.. sure enough i was able to cover it up since i had lots and lots of hair... Yet it still bothered me.. By my 23d birthday i had lost alot more.. and as my 24th birthday is almost here, im really losing alot.. not just in the front but in the back.. i lost my confidence.. can't even talk to girls anymore... and i feel like ive short changed my self... like people that never met me with my hair... they never knew how good i looked.. the shape of my head doesn't allow me to shave bald... people started noticing how baddly i was thinning..i then went to a hair transplant place in the city... and the guy started talking about shock.. when u implant the new hair.. some of the remaing ones fall out for a time being.. and he said my head would blow up and become red... and i basically couldn't goo out till all that went away... i mean its a real surgery... i kept asking why God, im 23 years old.. i shouldn't have to go through this.. everyone i know has a full head of hair... anyways.. i took a long shot as i became desperate with topik... i thought this stuff had to be BS as i was raised by a father who though everything on tv was bs, and he's probably right, except for this product.. i couldn't believe my eyes after i applied it for the first time.. i looked like i did when i was 16.. it was amazing!!! AMAZINg! like i lost my mind.. started thanking the good Lord for science and technology and topik.. after i went out.. i tried it in the wind.. and everything.. nothing makes it fall out.. ive been with a girl nothing.. i showered with it after i slept with it on for a full nite.. nothing.. still in my hair.. i hair sprayed it and its still there... looks soooo real.. no one can tell.. people didn't even know why.. but people just started saying.. ulook soo nice today.. complements on my hair that i haven't gotten in over 2 years! and no one knows whyl.. todl htem i got a new hair cut guy that does it really nice.... i just pray to God that i don't lose more hair.. if i stay with what i have.. i will use this till my last breath.. it saved my youth.. ah the fountain of youth some people are saying dermmatch is the best.. i haven't tried that yet.. but its next on my list.. as now im a believer.. i use it in the front.. the most.. and a lil in the back icon_smile.gif try it it will change ur life.. it changed mine! icon_smile.gif

-M

Topik is great.. but im 23 soo im not as bald as others.. im just thinning like crazy in the front.. and all over the crown.. this stuff really works... inside the container, when it goes on ur skin it looks like lil hair.. the more u put.. it bonds with ur realy thinning hair.. and makes it look like its a full head.. looks llike my texture.. looks great

-M

i actually used topik yesterday.. and well i kept it in for 48 hours.... which means i slept.. with it and woke up and showerd.. and it stayed in and looked great!!!!! natuarlly a lil fell out.. but not enough to have to reapply.. u can keep it in for days! i love this stufF!

Originally posted by rottun:

So Dermatch will not effect the graphs if I am 7 weeks post op?

If you're at 7 weeks the grafts are seated, big-time, so no problem. It won't hurt them.

I'd still choose to let the scalp "breathe" and use no concealer until most of the HT hair has sprouted, but that's just me..........I doubt it will slow down your growth.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 3 weeks later...

Rob,

How much did this procedure cost? I am just looking for a ballpark figure.

My forlock's a little thicker than yours was in the before stage, but I have more crown thinning.

I can cosmetically cover the crown, but would like to thicken and lower the front hairline.

Mr. Smith,

I'm not Robert but can tell you the average cost per graft for a HT is between $3-$5 per graft. Usually, if you get more than 2000 grafts it is discounted to $2-$2.50 per graft.

You may want to use this graft calculator to aid in determining the amount of grafts you'll need. It's measured in sq. cm. For the appearance of dense coverage you'll want at least 45-55 grafts per sq cm. Most chose to start with 45-55 sq cm in front, then reduce that amount to 25-35 sq cm as you approach the crown. Depends on your stage of loss and how much donor hair you have.

Hope this helps.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

• 2 months later...

WOW..what a thread! I have been using Toppik for a few years now and LOVE it. I even keep it in for a few days at a time (sometimes)but it will come off when in water (pool). I wanted something that I could swim with and orderd Couvre' today (before i read this) and figured i would use it with the Toppik. I have never used Couvre' so i dont know if it will be applied like dermmatch. Your pics look great and the way you applied it looks easy. Is couvre applied the same way...where you can blend it?

• 3 months later...