Repair Stage I - Feriduni

Posted (edited)

For the hair loss community.

Today I had the pre op final planning with Dr Feriduni and Dr Holscher. In all the planning was approx 2hours long. 

I don’t like long winded posts so I will get straight to the points.

The reception staff are such nice people, I think Lucie was the lady that greeted me. She is a lovely woman. 

Later I was greeted by Dr Holscher and we went though my expectations and what I would like to achieve from this repair. He took my measurements and drew a hairline based on my feedback. This was around 40minutes. 

Approx 10minutes later I was greeted by Dr Feriduni. 

Here he took the time to go through my previous hair transplants at which I had ready to go in preparation, in order to understand what went wrong in each stage. Let’s not repeat what he said about those….

Anyway, he took measurements and density checks, he is quite happy with my temple peaks, crown and non transplanted hairs, I will get the density figures on this later.

So he wiped the hairline drawn by Dr Holscher and asked me again what I expected, which I elaborated stating

“I would like my centre hairline restored to natural widows peak and then a gradual recession into the temples. I believe the Left side of the temple would require more extraction than the right. I think around 5-6mm taken from widows peak followed by 11mm or so on the temples and gradual blend across the hairline. The removed grafts to be transplanted to Zone 2 where signs of thinning are evident.”

He showed me a case very similar to mine, hair type and skin tone and each intervals to provide me some sort of road map to this type of repair. I have not seen this on the forum but it really was one hell of a result. 

Hairline was shaped by Dr Feriduni, he then cut the hair where the grafts are to be extracted to provide visualisation. Came to a large mirror (not handheld)  to check and we made some tiny adjustments, he cut the hair and we checked again. It looked fine. 

The photos are below of the hair to be extracted, Dr Feriduni did take high resolution photos that no phone can compete with unfortunately, but I don’t have them yet. 

Around 600/700 grafts is expected to be removed tomorrow. 5mm to be removed from centre hairline, 12mm from left hand temple recession and 10mm from right hand temple recession. He briefly mentioned that my temples will be closed correctly on second sitting not to worry about them for now as more hairs will need to be removed from there. 

Even with that part of the hairline shaved, people can see the importance of why hair should never be placed on the vertical plane of the forehead. This is such an important topic not really mentioned enough on here and should be highlighted more. 

Dr Feriduni finished by saying he is quite confident about this repair, which is refreshing.

The facility in Hasselt is top class, unrivalled to anywhere I have been for hair transplants anyway. 

I will post some photos tomorrow night from day 0 extraction. Not sure the auld Irish skin tone will hold up too well with the redness 😂

IMG_8786.jpeg

IMG_8793.jpeg

IMG_8795.jpeg

IMG_8796.jpeg

IMG_8798.jpeg

IMG_8799.jpeg

IMG_8800.jpeg

IMG_8801.jpeg

IMG_8802.jpeg

IMG_8806.jpeg

Edited by Tommy1991
Correction
  • Like 2

• Administrators

I think this is an excellent plan. It is great to see his young mentor joining in the process. I hope you get the results you deserve 🙏 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

You can already get a feel and sense of the difference this will make with the parts you want removed shaved down. Really pleased to hear you had such a thorough planning session - this is the level of attention and detail you deserved last time around. 

How long will you have to wait between this and the next round of extractions?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Berba11 said:

You can already get a feel and sense of the difference this will make with the parts you want removed shaved down. Really pleased to hear you had such a thorough planning session - this is the level of attention and detail you deserved last time around. 

How long will you have to wait between this and the next round of extractions?

Next round of extraction will be 10-Oct-2024. Purely based on feedback by Dr Feriduni, as he advised there is no need to wait longer than this. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
12 minutes ago, Tommy1991 said:

Next round of extraction will be 10-Oct-2024. Purely based on feedback by Dr Feriduni, as he advised there is no need to wait longer than this. 

Ok cool. Good luck today mate!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Update as promised:

607grafts removed from hairline.

160singles

372doubles

75were bad quality and discarded.

total 532 were re-implanted.

All grafts were removed by Dr Feriduni. Around 3hours was spent doing this.. meticulous is an understatement.

Extracted grafts were re implanted by his two nurses to zone 2. 

Surgery was around 5hours in total. 

He also made an attempt at removing numerous ingrown beard hairs previously transplanted in donor area by Eugenix in a single area, where I developed folliculitis previously. The area was still inflamed.  Time will tell if this worked. 

After this half an hour was spent with Dr Feriduni discussing how it looks and the next stage in October. He also followed up to ensure all grafts were secure.

IMG_8851.jpeg

IMG_8850.jpeg

IMG_8848.jpeg

IMG_8847.jpeg

IMG_8846.jpeg

IMG_8845.jpeg

CEED271B-5AC2-4E52-9BD0-3E2F567EF790.jpeg

IMG_8843.jpeg

IMG_8842.jpeg

IMG_8841.jpeg

IMG_8838.jpeg

Edited by Tommy1991
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Ok cool. Good luck today mate!

Thanks man. Appreciate it. Already judging the level of work and care, I think this will be a real success for me. 

Feriduni expects just one more session to reach my expectation which I am delighted to hear.

Edited by Tommy1991
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor
43 minutes ago, Tommy1991 said:

Thanks man. Appreciate it. Already judging the level of work and care, I think this will be a real success for me. 

Feriduni expects just one more session to reach my expectation which I am delighted to hear.

Amazing if this can be turned around in two hits. You must feel relieved to be on the road to putting all of this behind you now! Work looks very precise and all of the extraction sites look nice and distinct from one another which should aid healing without visible scarring or blemishing.

What has Dr Feriduni recommended for the post-op care for the extraction sites? Anti-scarring cream maybe?

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Berba11 said:

Amazing if this can be turned around in two hits. You must feel relieved to be on the road to putting all of this behind you now! Work looks very precise and all of the extraction sites look nice and distinct from one another which should aid healing without visible scarring or blemishing.

What has Dr Feriduni recommended for the post-op care for the extraction sites? Anti-scarring cream maybe?

Interested to know as well. That said, Dr. Zarev showed me a similar case where grafts were extracted and there was no visible scarring.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Interested to know as well. That said, Dr. Zarev showed me a similar case where grafts were extracted and there was no visible scarring.

Yea I saw that one. Also Feriduni has about 3 or 4 other cases on this forum like this and there's not a single scar in sight on any of them. @RTChas no scarring from his Hattingen punch-outs either. My best guess is the forehead just heals far better than the donor area even without creams and so on, but I assume most surgeons will prescribe something to help things along.

• Like 1

This is an amazing job. I am pretty sure the skin will heal properly without any visible scarring, not only because Feriduni is a skilled doctor and performs at the higher standards, but also because I have seen some others cases in which many grafts were removed from the hairline (up to 1000) and patients had really good skin condition afterwards. One of those cases is in this forum and was performed by Feriduni himself and others can be found in other forums and websites (I know I am not allowed to add here external links) and patients end up being really satisfied with the results.

My main concern is the % of extracted hair that grow up again at the hairline, that is one of the reasons why sometimes more than one punch out process is required.

All the best!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Sure, although my photos don’t do it justice due to resolution they do look seriously slick on the photos taken by Feriduni. They will send me the photos tomorrow aswel. 

Port surgery serum, spray for the recipient areas and a mousse shampoo
post surgery oil for extraction zone .

They send a link to download an app, which has a calendar , sends a notification for spraying or for example, shampooing every second day.

They also provide antibiotics, painkillers ,vitamins, neck pillow, pillow cover and a cool pack for the forehead.

Edited by Tommy1991

• Valued Contributor
3 minutes ago, Tommy1991 said:

Sure, although my photos don’t do it justice due to resolution they do look seriously slick on the photos taken by Feriduni. They will send me the photos tomorrow aswel. 

Port surgery serum and a spray for the recipient areas. 
post surgery oil for extraction zone and a mousse shampoo. They send a link to download an app, which has a calendar , sends a notification for spraying or for example, shampooing every second day.

They also provide antibiotics, vitamins, neck pillow, pillow cover and a cool pack for the forehead.

Excellent info, cheers mate! How did you find the logistics of getting to Hasselt? And are you flying back to Ireland straight away, or sticking around for a few days? I hated navigating my way through airports with an attention-drawing surgical cap on my head!

• Like 1

Just now, Berba11 said:

Excellent info, cheers mate! How did you find the logistics of getting to Hasselt? And are you flying back to Ireland straight away, or sticking around for a few days? I hated navigating my way through airports with an attention-drawing surgical cap on my head!

I flew into Brussels, took the IC train at airport from  platform 2 to Hasselt which went in the opposite direction for one stop only (I got out but realised it was going back within 10minutes 😂 so jumped back on). It’s pretty simple getting here.

I will stay till the 29th just to allow proper healing and avoid unwanted attention! I have the benefit of working form the Hashotel! Not a fan of travelling with a blood soaked head either.

Hasselt is a small but modern beautiful city to be fair. Lots of shops, and restaurants with great food 👌🏼
I guess cause it’s a smaller city people here are very interactive and genuinely nice. 

• Like 2

This looks amazing, but I can't help but think this does not look good for Eugenix, I have had two surgeries with them and been open in the sense they do not listen, and now to see them lowering your hairline and you having to resort to these measures, it confounds the fact that they are not the elite place to go, and in fact another place you role the dice with, which makes me sad in a way as they are all great, but me, you and others can not go there and have a plan and then come out with another, this is not acceptable for other practices so it should not be the case for them either. I wish you luck in getting to where your heading as this work looks brilliant :)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Day 1 post op:

I returned to clinic for the washing of my hair by post care nurse. 

Shortly after Dr Holscher invited me into his office. 
We discussed the future plan in October, he checked hair density again, my donor area is around 70-80 per sq cm, while my crown and midsection is showing 90-100 per sq cm with little to no miniaturisation. This confirms that I stabilized my hair loss for now…

He provided me a script for Oral Monoxodil. I will try it for one year and see if there is an improvement. 

Dr Holscher took more photos after the wash. Starting to heal rapidly. The quality of photos is also excellent, showing the irregularities, and widows peak he created from extraction.
Also there is a photo of where the ingrown hairs were extracted. (Unfortunately some of the photos aint uploading, just appearing as black)

I think myself there is probably another 250-300 grafts to be extracted from hairline in Oct but time will tell. 

IMG_5160.jpeg

IMG_5159.jpeg

IMG_5157.jpeg

IMG_5158.jpeg

IMG_5156.jpeg

Edited by Tommy1991
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor

These high res photos show how impressive & precise the punch outs look. Very nice indeed and can’t wait to see this heals and the new hairline height starts to really work for you. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tommy1991 said:

Day 1 post op:

I returned to clinic for the washing of my hair by post care nurse. 

Shortly after Dr Holscher invited me into his office. 
We discussed the future plan in October, he checked hair density again, my donor area is around 70-80 per sq cm, while my crown and midsection is showing 90-100 per sq cm with little to no miniaturisation. This confirms that I stabilized my hair loss for now…

He provided me a script for Oral Monoxodil. I will try it for one year and see if there is an improvement. 

Dr Holscher took more photos after the wash. Starting to heal rapidly. The quality of photos is also excellent, showing the irregularities, and widows peak he created from extraction.
Also there is a photo of where the ingrown hairs were extracted. (Unfortunately some of the photos aint uploading, just appearing as black)

I think myself there is probably another 250-300 grafts to be extracted from hairline in Oct but time will tell. 

IMG_5160.jpeg

IMG_5159.jpeg

IMG_5157.jpeg

IMG_5158.jpeg

IMG_5156.jpeg

Just took screenshots of the rest of the photos. 

IMG_8951.jpeg

IMG_8950.jpeg

IMG_8949.jpeg

IMG_8948.jpeg

19 hours ago, Stewie said:

This looks amazing, but I can't help but think this does not look good for Eugenix, I have had two surgeries with them and been open in the sense they do not listen, and now to see them lowering your hairline and you having to resort to these measures, it confounds the fact that they are not the elite place to go, and in fact another place you role the dice with, which makes me sad in a way as they are all great, but me, you and others can not go there and have a plan and then come out with another, this is not acceptable for other practices so it should not be the case for them either. I wish you luck in getting to where your heading as this work looks brilliant :)

I agree that they don’t, even when issues are pointed out they still don’t listen and don’t accept. 
Having been there, they are far from elite. For as long as I’m on this forum I would definitely encourage people to steer clear of Eugenix. 

From where I have been personally, elite places are with Feriduni and Cooley. 

• Like 3