Dr. Pittella - 6642 grafts - 25 years old

Hey everyone!

I'm Tairony Boldrini, and I'm thrilled to share my hair transplant journey with you all. A total of 6,642 donor grafts were harvested from the back of my head.

After following Dr. Pittella's work for a considerable period, I decided to undergo the procedure with him. His results are truly impressive to me. While he's renowned for handling more advanced cases like grade 6 and 7, I believe he's equally excellent with less severe cases. I sought him out to restore my entire frontal region, addressing those extensive recesses that affected my appearance.

I've been taking oral Minoxidil 2.5mg daily since August 2023. I stopped three days before the hair transplant, as advised by the doctor, and plan to continue the treatment.

I'm not using any other medications like Finasteride.

The day of the surgery and the marking process were smooth and passed by quickly. My post-operative recovery is progressing well, and I'm eager to see the results in a few months.

Feel free to ask any questions. I'm here to share my experience with you all.

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 15.45.59 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 22.20.42 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 22.20.42.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 22.20.41 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 22.20.41.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 22.20.40 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 22.20.40.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 17.27.07 (1) (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 22.16.06 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 22.16.06.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 22.16.05 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 22.16.05.jpeg

350118415_6245758282167809_9150458828451885482_n.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 15.45.59.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 17.27.07 (4).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 17.27.07 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 17.27.07 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 17.27.07 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 17.27.07.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 17.27.06.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 17.20.44.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 17.20.43 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 17.20.43 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 17.20.43.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 17.20.42 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 17.20.42 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 17.20.42.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-18 at 17.20.41.jpeg

• Like 1

First time I have seen a ‘lower’ NW here from the Dr. A lot appears to have been planted in rows, which I don’t think I have seen either. Anyway happy growing 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

That's a hell of a lot of grafts for the frontal third, let alone for a 25 year patient. What estimate/calculation did Dr Pittella provide with regards to your donor area from this point onwards? How many more grafts to do you available between scalp and beard hair?

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing. It's nice to see some lower grades of baldness cases from Dr Pitella's patients. Your implanted density is on another level, won't be far off your pre-balding density. Are you on finasteride btw?  Happy Growing and please keep updating. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hairwolf said:

First time I have seen a ‘lower’ NW here from the Dr. A lot appears to have been planted in rows, which I don’t think I have seen either. Anyway happy growing 

The majority of Pitella's cases do have rows, in any case and being as against to rows as someone could be, his results are great.

• Administrators

This is insane density. I would say that’s more than the frontal third. It looks like the first front half. That said, 6k is a huge number for that area. But I bet this will be true density, not an illusion of density.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

That frontal density is going to be insane. I would strongly recommend you reconsider finasteride or some other DHT inhibitor. You appear to have a NW6 or at least a NW5 hairloss pattern that is evident when you shave your hair. You just had a ton of your limited grafts used for your frontal third. You really want to hold onto the rest of your hair as it is very likely you will lose it without Finasteride or Dut, especially considering how young you are.

• Like 1

I am no expert but spending 6K grafts for a 25 yo seems a lot.

Yes you gonna get almost the same as your natural density but what gonna happen 10-15 years from now? There is no guarantee even with finasteride or dutasteride 

• Like 1

agree with the comments here, 6.6k grafts at 25 is ALL IN.

why are you not on finasteride of dutasteride? if you're not on them and you have this much balding at 26, your balding will progress and you a likely to not have enough grafts to keep up with the balding if you wish to pursue further transplants

people have tried topical dutasteride on a very low dose and experienced reduced side effects if they had them from the oral medication

2 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

i think 6k is needed to match density of crown and sides

so far op only seems to bald in in norwood 4 pattern, if he stays that way it will be all good. 

medication probably is still advicable though

There is no need to match the density behind the HT, especially if the area going to thin out in the future.

even 50% of our natural density is more than enough.

I would agree with you if the patient was in his 30s and very stabilised for a few years.

The HT gonna be amazing that’s for sure, let’s hope he’s not gonna lose too much in the future.

It'll almost certainly turn out great, but I think it's absolutely crazy to use that many grafts on what's really a fairly minor case. 

If this were posted from most other surgeons they'd get blasted about that. 

• Like 1

Hope the baldness stabilizes. Anyway the op have more donor for a future HT. In my opinion 25yrs is too early for a procedure like this; but every of us and our wishes are diferent. Wish you the best!

22 minutes ago, Anon94 said:

It'll almost certainly turn out great, but I think it's absolutely crazy to use that many grafts on what's really a fairly minor case. 

If this were posted from most other surgeons they'd get blasted about that. 

Agree, however what is impressive is that the Dr can dense-pack like that and still maintain a high yield, and without grafts not surviving due to competition for blood supply. Nevertheless food for thought here about graft use.

On 3/19/2024 at 10:50 AM, Bandit90 said:

Thanks for sharing. It's nice to see some lower grades of baldness cases from Dr Pitella's patients. Your implanted density is on another level, won't be far off your pre-balding density. Are you on finasteride btw?  Happy Growing and please keep updating. 

No finas

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

OP, I hope you don't mind me sharing this on your journey; if you do, let me know, and I will remove it. However, I brought this case up to Dr. Pittella since there was some criticism from the community. I wanted to share his response regarding your case with the community.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5mHo9Sy6dV/

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 3/20/2024 at 9:50 AM, Gatsby said:

I’m not a doctor. However being only 25 I would consider thinking about keeping the rest of your hair in the years to come with Finasteride also. You have a very youthful face and the results from this surgery will be excellent. 👌

Solid advice !