Do I have DUPA? Can’t tell if my donor is thinning

I’d like to get a transplant to restore my temples and thicken my crown. I’ve been quoted around 3k grafts, and neither surgeon seems concerned about my donor, but obviously they’d like a paying customer. I’m a bit worried if my donor is thinning/suitable for a transplant. 

This is about 2-3 weeks of growth from a shave. I’m 28 and have been on fin and min for ~6 years. I’ve maybe lost a little bit more hair but have mostly been stable since then. 

IMG_4735.jpeg

IMG_4733.jpeg

IMG_4736.jpeg

IMG_4737.jpeg

IMG_4739.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

Don't see any issue at all with your donor.

3,000 grafts for your areas of hair loss seems quite high to me though. You only got a little bit of crown thinning and although you have temple recession, the forelock remains pretty strong and as such you have more hair at the front to frame your face, even with a short buzzcut.

1 hour ago, Berba11 said:

3,000 grafts for your areas of hair loss seems quite high to me though. You only got a little bit of crown thinning

I took photos with moderate direct light, but if it’s harsher my crown and right temple are quite see-through. I also can’t tell how much thinning my midscalp has… I haven’t grown my hair longer than this in years so it’s hard to ballpark. I only grew my hair out for a few weeks to get an estimate from some clinics. Maybe I’ll try to let it grow a bit more despite my urge to shave it back down again lol 

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Phillyman1996 said:

Na I don't think you do @Melvin- Admin would you say this is a diffuse noorwood 5?

Yes looks diffuse Norwood 5. However, will probably look normal with longer hair. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.