24 minutes ago, Calihome1 said:

I was offered Dec 2025 (in person only).

Such a downer.  I would love to have him do the work with how well he does temples and points, but, waiting 2 years just for an in person is insane.

Good doctors take time, you won't regret it. In the meantime, try to stick to a good protocol, oral minox 2.5mg+, oral finasteride and possibly some topicals too. Quit smoking, and try to get a strong donor before the day comes. You will be surprised by how much you can gain before the HT in 2 years. There are people that used dermaroller and dutasteride mesotherapy and regrew hair from nowhere

2 minutes ago, alopie said:

Good doctors take time, you won't regret it. In the meantime, try to stick to a good protocol, oral minox 2.5mg+, oral finasteride and possibly some topicals too. Quit smoking, and try to get a strong donor before the day comes. You will be surprised by how much you can gain before the HT in 2 years. There are people that used dermaroller and dutasteride mesotherapy and regrew hair from nowhere

This is what i call a positive mind.

32 minutes ago, Calihome1 said:

Such a downer.  I would love to have him do the work with how well he does temples and points, but, waiting 2 years just for an in person is insane.

He’s one of the best in the world so it is what it is, it’s better to wait 2 years for the surgery than wasting 3-4 years for repairs.

I was also in same boat. Waited 18 months and spent around 1500 usd to go 2 him and in 10 mins he rejected I am not a good candidate. I was depressed then I went to Dr defrietas he is also in spain and I got good result. So its upto you :)

3 minutes ago, jjalay said:

This is what i call a positive mind.

If you want to nuke your dht you could use oral dutasteride daily, dut mesotherapy and possibly add some oestrogen medication (used for gender transitioning) to grow some kind of gyno. This will resurrect hair follicles, but it comes with much bigger issues, so play safe and the time will come.

7 minutes ago, alopie said:

If you want to nuke your dht you could use oral dutasteride daily, dut mesotherapy and possibly add some oestrogen medication (used for gender transitioning) to grow some kind of gyno. This will resurrect hair follicles, but it comes with much bigger issues, so play safe and the time will come.

I really dont want to transition into a woman to become my hair back, oestrogen medication for hairloss is really an overkill and dangerous maybe.

2 hours ago, alopie said:

smoking on hair is overrated...

Don’t need to strengthen with meds or get healthier, I’ve been told by multiple top tier surgeons that I’m an excellent candidate.  My loss has been stabilized for a long time.

I love Cuotos work but I’m not waiting 2 years and flying half way around the world for an in person consult just to maybe book in the future.  High demand, I get it, I was just shocked at no online consult availability.

8 minutes ago, alopie said:

Check @De Freitas Clinic in Valencia, Couto and Freitas are top surgeons in Spain
@De Freitas Clinic, can you help this guy by providing an estimated time for an in-person consultation? Couto's 2 years in Madrid is way too much 

Thanks, but, I want temple point reconstruction and that’s not really inDe Freitas wheelhouse

• Administrators

If you’ve researched for years, you’ve dealt with hair loss for years. Waiting another 2 years isn’t a big deal in the long run. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, Calihome1 said:

Don’t need to strengthen with meds or get healthier, I’ve been told by multiple top tier surgeons that I’m an excellent candidate.  My loss has been stabilized for a long time.

I love Cuotos work but I’m not waiting 2 years and flying half way around the world for an in person consult just to maybe book in the future.  High demand, I get it, I was just shocked at no online consult availability.

I remember speaking to you over reddit regarding Dr Bruno Ferreira.

Such a bummer Couto's waitlist is that long.. who are you thinking of going with instead?

2 hours ago, Ccd99 said:

Such a bummer Couto's waitlist is that long.. who are you thinking of going with instead?

My opinion may not be popular but I find Ferreira’s work much more natural than Couto’s. He seems to do almost always really aggressive work and does not seem to build a long term plan in regards to AGA evolution.
Apart from a case here in the forum, Ferreira seems equal if not better at recreating temple points and seems also more conservative building a real long term plan for the patient.

Plus the one thing I cannot get over is placing units in straight lines as he thought to De Freitas, indeed they use the same implantation pattern. If hypothetically one would cut his hair really short that would be visible and honestly I wouldn’t be happy after having waited more than 3 years for the operation…

However someone that went to Couto may reply talking more about his long term plans…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ccd99 said:

I was deciding between Pinto and Ferreira.

The Pinto consult was fine but too conservative.  I wanted to bring forward some temple points but they didn’t want to.  Nothing too aggressive, so there was simple disagreement on that.

Ferreira looked good and was on board, but, am external circumstance caused me to pause my appointment and then I saw a recent rebuilt temple case on here that was not very good.  This caused me to pause.  

So long story short, haven’t decided yet.

• Like 1

I would be patient, end of the day this will impact your life forever! 
And luckily you will be able to book the surgery within the next 3-6 months, lots of people cancel last minute.

Yes you may have to travel to Spain for the consultation but maybe use that time to plan a trip to Europe? 

• Valued Contributor
On 1/24/2024 at 10:15 AM, Calihome1 said:

I was going to have surgery with Dr Sethi just before the pandemic. Melbourne was the most locked down city in the world. I had to wait two years before I could even buy a ticket. Patience is everything in a life changing procedure. If Couto’s your man you don’t want to go elsewhere and in two years regret you didn’t wait. 

8 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

I was going to have surgery with Dr Sethi just before the pandemic. Melbourne was the most locked down city in the world. I had to wait two years before I could even buy a ticket. Patience is everything in a life changing procedure. If Couto’s your man you don’t want to go elsewhere and in two years regret you didn’t wait. 

I understand the logic, but, if I can have a comparable surgeon 6-12 months vs 3 years, the timeline can be the deciding factor.

14 hours ago, Calihome1 said:

The Pinto consult was fine but too conservative.  I wanted to bring forward some temple points but they didn’t want to.  Nothing too aggressive, so there was simple disagreement on that.

Ferreira looked good and was on board, but, am external circumstance caused me to pause my appointment and then I saw a recent rebuilt temple case on here that was not very good.  This caused me to pause.  

Fair enough, if you have a link to the Ferreira case that would be helpful.

I recently saw this case and his final temple work result looks great:

3 hours ago, Ccd99 said:

Fair enough, if you have a link to the Ferreira case that would be helpful.

I recently saw this case and his final temple work result looks great:

I think he’s referring to this case:

However it doesn’t look as a failed surgery at all to me, the temple points look really good in my opinion. It just needs to mature a little more and to let the contrast between the darker hairs and the skin to fade away.

On 1/24/2024 at 8:43 PM, Calihome1 said:

are they the same price at the moment?

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2024 at 2:58 PM, Calihome1 said:

Thanks, but, I want temple point reconstruction and that’s not really inDe Freitas wheelhouse

Please contact with our preoperative department to info@clinicadefreitas.com or +34 681273588. 
Thank you!

• Haha 1

▪️Ignacio Torres Blanchard - Representative of De Freitas Clinic
▪️https://www.injertocapilar-alopecia.es/en - https://www.clinicadefreitas.com
▪️
(+34) 681 273 588

De Freitas Clinic.png