Bruno Pinto: 1638 grafts. Pics and video updates!

• Moderators

The extraction pattern looks beautiful. It's spread out evenly all over.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators

Looking good @Otis james 👏 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 3/3/2024 at 10:17 AM, Otis james said:

I’ll be 7 weeks tomorrow. Nowt much to report. Shed a fair bit, I think. Don’t seem to have lost any native hair though…. 
not paying much attention to it, to be honest. I am very bored of the short hair now though and will not be doing it again! Nothing hurts or itches. 
I’ve been relaxed about telling people. A lot of support and “fair play to you mate” comments when I’ve told people. The stigma of transplants has gone, I assure you. Just be open and honest about it. NOBDY CARES! 

IMG_0829.jpeg

IMG_0830.jpeg

IMG_0831.jpeg

IMG_0832.jpeg

IMG_0844.jpeg

IMG_0838.jpeg

I completely agree with your statement here. I'm also 7 weeks and have completely embraced the ugly duckling stage. I'm not even conscious of it and like you said, nobody else cares either. In the next few months this will look fantastic im sure. 

1 hour ago, Myles23 said:

I completely agree with your statement here. I'm also 7 weeks and have completely embraced the ugly duckling stage. I'm not even conscious of it and like you said, nobody else cares either. In the next few months this will look fantastic im sure. 

I understand not everyone is as relaxed about telling people. I also understand many wouldn’t go out during the ugly duckling phase without a hat. I’m lucky that it was a small case and my shedding, to this point, isn’t that bad! 
I do honestly believe nobody cares or judges people having a transplant though. The only comment I get is “how did you afford that?” To which I reply “with great difficulty”! 

observations so far…. In an ideal world, I’d have gone slightly lower with the hairline. It’s 6.5cm to my eyebrow. My forehead muscles are quite high and Bruno was adamant that we respect those and stay with the outline of the hairline that remained. Temple points could be improved, but again, he was happy with them and I think they look ok. 
IMG_0652.thumb.jpeg.8d9b1864df5737b0540b56b2e37d4003.jpeg
IMG_0654.thumb.jpeg.962757442cb9a9ee7aa70a75798c98d2.jpeg

Will I need another surgery? Who knows. The feeling was that I probably won’t. My hair is very fine so will always look “thinner” than your average Joe. 

having started 2.5mg minoxidil since the operation, I’m intrigued to see if I notice any difference to my hair generally.

I do think I may have had some shock loss of my donor but it’s hard to say. Again, my hair is very fine! 

IMG_0863.thumb.jpeg.d4ab30e8a3f11dd2f35113365eed5b0d.jpeg

• Like 1

I like the hairline design and your temple points also. You've gone to an excellent surgeon.  I also started oral minoxidil after my procedure and even after 7 weeks use, have noticed my native hair becoming thicker. Gross, but I've literally cut my nose hair three times in the past 3 weeks, something as a blonde iv haven't had to deal with. I see you're from the UK also, did you buy your minoxidil from Oxford pharmacy?

12 minutes ago, Myles23 said:

I like the hairline design and your temple points also. You've gone to an excellent surgeon.  I also started oral minoxidil after my procedure and even after 7 weeks use, have noticed my native hair becoming thicker. Gross, but I've literally cut my nose hair three times in the past 3 weeks, something as a blonde iv haven't had to deal with. I see you're from the UK also, did you buy your minoxidil from Oxford pharmacy?

Yeah, I’ve got it from there mate. I’ve noticed this company called ‘Manual’ sell it too. Seems to be cheaper. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Echo that I like the hairline design. 6.5cm is a standard number, no? You don't want to go lower.

It also depends on your facial proportions, like brow to nose and nose to end of chin. People with longer faces might want 7cm to look natural. Caucasions usually have larger foreheads also. Ive got a larger forehead and kept it too. A lot can go wrong lowering the hairline.

Edited by hairman4321
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Morning lads. Today marks 12 weeks since my little transplant with Bruno Pinto. It feels like a nice place to be! 
I continue with 1mg Finasteride and 2.5 minoxidil, daily. 

I think im seeing changes already. I’ve had some great chats with friends about it. Most want to do it but aren’t quite “bothered” enough to go through with it, or get on medication. We are all different! 
My intention is to grow my hair long again. 

Anyway, pics to follow and I’d love to hear your thoughts.

IMG_1045.jpeg

IMG_1043.jpeg

IMG_1037.jpeg

IMG_1040.jpeg

IMG_1041.jpeg

IMG_1039.jpeg

IMG_1038.jpeg

IMG_8943.jpeg

IMG_6627.jpeg

IMG_0074.png

IMG_0055.jpeg

• Like 2

First time I’ve really noticed a difference in my hairline, at 13 weeks. Feeling pretty good about it. Going to Spain on a stag do tomorrow so need to keep out of the sun, I guess! 
anyway, so far, so good, I think….

would love some opinions….IMG_1089.thumb.png.40e516d00178647575f16bf079781459.pngIMG_1083.thumb.jpeg.9eda6186c4c7100dbc54abe5e57763f6.jpeg

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Otis james said:

First time I’ve really noticed a difference in my hairline, at 13 weeks. Feeling pretty good about it. Going to Spain on a stag do tomorrow so need to keep out of the sun, I guess! 
anyway, so far, so good, I think….

would love some opinions….IMG_1089.thumb.png.40e516d00178647575f16bf079781459.pngIMG_1083.thumb.jpeg.9eda6186c4c7100dbc54abe5e57763f6.jpeg

It’s starting to grow mate, keep going!!

I just scheduled an in-person assessment with doctor Pinto for February 2025 😁

• Like 1

Fantastic, 100/10 in design and naturalness, i know the rage currently is for people getting nw2 hairlines with temple points to match, but there is no competition with Pinto when it comes to naturalness. Look at some old photos of yourself and your current age you will likely see the hairline is exactly where it should be

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

This is looking excellent @Otis james and you're only at two months! 🤩 A really soft and natural hairline. Enjoy the stag night! 👊

Thank you, mate. Yes, I’m very pleased so far. I can see lots of hairs waiting to come through properly. I think my fine hair may help with a natural outcome too. 
when measuring, my hairline is roughly 0.5-1cm lower, which is what I was after. My passport photo (pre op!) shows the subtle difference in height has made a nice difference!

IMG_1092.thumb.jpeg.9d071290475b8f3bd4ba25f485a23c67.jpegI also didn’t want an exaggerated temple points, so we decided not to touch them. It feels age appropriate and natural, as you point out. Fingers crossed, I won’t need a touch up! Plenty of time ahead… 

Edited by Otis james

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. I’m 14.5 weeks post op. Just a brief update…..

feeling good and looking decent for this time, I reckon. Small surgery but I think I’m going to be pleased….

night before transplant. 👇

IMG_1141.thumb.jpeg.23595f8ad0ad758f283ff59732d1cf71.jpeg

today 👇

IMG_1138.thumb.jpeg.1abfa57822190e7bb901903a727fbf83.jpeg

Video of how things are looking… 👇

https://youtube.com/shorts/2vHDVhElsGg?si=7Po_C53tjnPzmGRP

opinions are welcome! Cheers all. 

Edited by Otis james
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Otis james said:

Hi guys. I’m 14.5 weeks post op. Just a brief update…..

feeling good and looking decent for this time, I reckon. Small surgery but I think I’m going to be pleased….

night before transplant. 👇

IMG_1141.thumb.jpeg.23595f8ad0ad758f283ff59732d1cf71.jpeg

today 👇

IMG_1138.thumb.jpeg.1abfa57822190e7bb901903a727fbf83.jpeg

Video of how things are looking… 👇

https://youtube.com/shorts/2vHDVhElsGg?si=7Po_C53tjnPzmGRP

opinions are welcome! Cheers all. 

Great, you’re only at the beginning of regrowth mate. In 2 months you will be a different person!

Seat back and enjoy the regrowth

Just now, NorwoodKnight said:

Great, you’re only at the beginning of regrowth mate. In 2 months you will be a different person!

Seat back and enjoy the regrowth

Also I would really like to see nice close ups of the hairline, best with a high quality camera. This way we can judge Pinto’s work more objectively.

4 minutes ago, NorwoodKnight said:

Also I would really like to see nice close ups of the hairline, best with a high quality camera. This way we can judge Pinto’s work more objectively.

I keep trying to but my phone goes blurry! Any tricks or tips you can give me? I don’t know anyone with a decent camera! 

16 minutes ago, Otis james said:

I keep trying to but my phone goes blurry! Any tricks or tips you can give me? I don’t know anyone with a decent camera! 

Mmh are you taking pics with the selfie camera? Maybe you could try asking someone else taking the pictures with your main camera. 

3 hours ago, Otis james said:

@NorwoodKnight Best I can do for now! I have quite wavy and wiry hair anyway. Interesting that there a gap with a bit of stubble in it! Been like that a few week and won’t grow. I’m not bothered by it though…

IMG_1151.jpeg

IMG_1147.jpeg

IMG_1146.jpeg

IMG_1152.jpeg

IMG_1150.jpeg

Awesome, this is exactly what I was talking about. I can see all those wispy hair growing! With your wavy hair texture it is going to be really dense for the little amount of grafts that was implanted