Bruno Pinto: 1638 grafts. Pics and video updates!

Good morning folks. It’s been 6 days since my op with Bruno Pinto.

i feel like everything is going well! Donor is itching when I go to bed though and every now and then I get the odd shooting pain (2 out of 10!) in both donor and recipient area. 
truth be told, it all feels a bit of a breeze at the moment. Granted, it was only a small surgery. 
I’ve attached a video (you might want to increase the quality to see it clearer) and a few pics of my donor. 
im back to work on Monday. I’m a roofer but will be careful not to hurt anything. Am I out of the danger zone, in terms of knocking the grafts out? 

IMG_0485.jpeg

IMG_0487.jpeg

IMG_0489.jpeg

IMG_0490.jpeg

13 hours ago, nasplexa said:

Just be careful, your grafts are probably in place by now but no need to risk it. And better avoid direct sun exposure for prolonged periods of time.

Ideally I’d have liked another couple of days but I’m a roofer, self employed, and I’m skint! I’m 7 days now and feel like the scabs are forming. I’m wearing a loose fitting beanie, and I’ve taken my saline spray with me in case! 

IMG_0496.jpeg

IMG_0508.jpeg

IMG_0509.jpeg

IMG_0512.jpeg

IMG_0510.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi everyone! Hope you’re well. 

these scabs…. I’ve been ignoring them really and just gently patting my recipient area with the shampoo the clinic gave me. I did just do a wash and slowly started massaging a few off!

I’m day 8 now. Should I be being a tad more forceful with them at this point? I few of the bigger ones are rock hard! 
any advice? 

IMG_0525.jpeg

IMG_0524.jpeg

IMG_0530.jpeg

IMG_0529.jpeg

12 hours ago, Otis james said:

Hi everyone! Hope you’re well. 

these scabs…. I’ve been ignoring them really and just gently patting my recipient area with the shampoo the clinic gave me. I did just do a wash and slowly started massaging a few off!

I’m day 8 now. Should I be being a tad more forceful with them at this point? I few of the bigger ones are rock hard! 
any advice? 

IMG_0525.jpeg

IMG_0524.jpeg

IMG_0530.jpeg

IMG_0529.jpeg

no rush to get rid of them, by day 12 if they're still around you can try and leave olive oil on them for 30 mins then try to wash it off.

Day 10 and all the scabs have gone. I’ve noticed that hair in the corners looks longer. Right at the front seems shorter. Suppose that’s just what happens! I think Bruno paid great attention to the direction my hair goes, in different places. I remember him showing me the whirls and how important it is to follow them…. 
redness still there but will hopefully fade, soonish! 

IMG_0541.jpeg

IMG_0545.jpeg

IMG_0546.jpeg

IMG_0553.jpeg

IMG_0554.jpeg

Edited by Otis james

Obviously, some of what I’m seeing is native hair and some is transplanted… Don’t suppose there is any way of seeing which is which?! Also looks like the density matches the hair behind it pretty well…

Edited by Otis james

Good morning guys.

i will continue to share my evolution with you all! 

I am now 14 days post op. I am now leaving the house without a hat as it just looks like I’ve shaved my head, to the untrained eye! Everything seems to be going well. 
at what stage should I expect the dreaded shed? Does everything look as it should for day 14? 

https://youtube.com/shorts/DrIpPQSF-no?si=ghE6Bexzos9cthVm

IMG_0585.jpeg

IMG_0586.jpeg

IMG_0587.jpeg

IMG_0590.jpeg

IMG_0593.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Dbba said:

It looks natural to me, I'm following this thread to keep updated with the results :) , if you can share more pics of how your donor area is healing would be amazing @Otis james

Sorry mate, yeah, here are some of my donor…. 

IMG_0600.jpeg

IMG_0601.jpeg

IMG_0602.jpeg

IMG_0605.jpeg

IMG_0606.jpeg

IMG_0603.jpeg

Edited by Otis james
  • Like 2

Hi lads. I’ve got a bit of dry skin in the recipient area. You think I should just let it do its thing, or should I be applying some kind of moisturiser? Day 16.

waiting to hear back from clinic but thought I’d ask your thoughts….

cheers 

Is it normal for the transplanted hair to look thicker and longer than the rest? I mean, I suppose this is good, but not an indication of what will grow back, once I’ve shed? 

IMG_0619.png

Edited by Otis james

On 1/31/2024 at 10:47 PM, Otis james said:

Is it normal for the transplanted hair to look thicker and longer than the rest? I mean, I suppose this is good, but not an indication of what will grow back, once I’ve shed? 

IMG_0619.png

Mine did too. When it grows back it takes the characteristics of the hair in that area, so I think it will be thinner 

• Valued Contributor

The hair line implantation is looking perfect ...dr pinto is an excellent choice when it comes to hairline work...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Hello!
For those interested, it’s exactly 3 weeks since my surgery. All seems fine. I think I’m starting to shed a little. 

not really thinking about my hair. What will be will be! 

a reminder of my (pretty decent!) start pointIMG_0407.thumb.jpeg.6bc416e0a7b66436e4ab3d9fec8d1fc5.jpeg

IMG_0661.jpeg

IMG_0658.jpeg

IMG_0656.jpeg

IMG_0655.jpeg

IMG_0652.jpeg

IMG_0650.jpeg

IMG_0651.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey lads. Not the most followed thread but thought I’d do a 4 week update.

shedding has started, but that’s to be expected. My donor looks good. Don’t think you can tell anything’s been done really. No numbness. Very little itching. A couple of spots have developed in the recipient area. All in all, everything feels good. I’m going out as normal and just telling people that notice I’ve had a transplant. Not a problem. 

anyway, here’s some pics right informs of my window.

cheers all IMG_0738.thumb.jpeg.4095ef98db9e966a55fed11307e67560.jpegIMG_0739.thumb.jpeg.59c0e38ce47f22861043ee3229ad8fc0.jpegIMG_0740.thumb.jpeg.d37f73a3b4b67bc551be7fc94a0b45b7.jpegIMG_0762.thumb.jpeg.69171470dcaba22b41402372baab9cc5.jpegIMG_0754.thumb.jpeg.ca32d784792a7f8a5a20a824d0ffb98d.jpegIMG_0748.thumb.jpeg.e75741c62a88173b324aba2c7618b2d9.jpeg

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, fullheadofhair said:

Looks good man.

Shedding is the worst. I buzzed my donor sides and back at 4 weeks to make myself look presentable. 

I’m kind of hoping to ride it out, and home my native hair gets long enough to cover it! If not, I like the sound of what you did! 

• 3 weeks later...

I’ll be 7 weeks tomorrow. Nowt much to report. Shed a fair bit, I think. Don’t seem to have lost any native hair though…. 
not paying much attention to it, to be honest. I am very bored of the short hair now though and will not be doing it again! Nothing hurts or itches. 
I’ve been relaxed about telling people. A lot of support and “fair play to you mate” comments when I’ve told people. The stigma of transplants has gone, I assure you. Just be open and honest about it. NOBDY CARES! 

IMG_0829.jpeg

IMG_0830.jpeg

IMG_0831.jpeg

IMG_0832.jpeg

IMG_0844.jpeg

IMG_0838.jpeg

• Like 2

If it all works out, it will suit you well.

thanks for sharing your experience. Also interesting to hear your experiences with telling people.

good luck to you