Bruno Pinto: 1638 grafts. Pics and video updates!

Hi lads. I’ve just arrived back from 2 days in Porto. I won’t go on too much! Porto is really easy to get to and those thinking of staying in England, for convenience, really should consider Portugal! 
I was a small case, but Bruno completely understood my issues. “You don’t really have a hairline”! He was amazing. Such a lovely guy, with an incredible amount of enthusiasm for hair restoration and life! 
I’m nearly 40, have very fine hair, with a decent donor. My hair has been long for years so the shaved head has shocked me, but I quite like it! 
anyway, all pics are from today, the day after surgery. I’m not very technical but I think he said 65 grafts per cm2. 
I plan on ignoring my hair and just let it do its thing… time will tell! 

I owe you all a huge thank you for opening my eyes to good surgeons. I know I went with someone who isn’t recommended, but I’m chuffed with my decision. 

Bruno did every step of the surgery. ✌️

IMG_0429.jpeg

IMG_0442.jpeg

IMG_0437.jpeg

IMG_0443.jpeg

IMG_0439.jpeg

IMG_0407.jpeg

IMG_0444.jpeg

Edited by Otis james
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gramatik said:

Happy growing...It loos very good work. I would like to ask you how much did you pay for your hair transplant ?

I’ll have to check final amount as I had some money back, as the estimate was 1800 grafts. I’m sure it was €3.45 per graft. Don’t quote me though! 

• Otis james changed the title to Bruno Pinto: 1638 grafts. Pics and video updates!
36 minutes ago, hairman4321 said:

this should look great, good luck

Thank you, mate! I do hope so. Here is a video of day 2…. 

Sorry, the quality drops when it’s uploaded! Never mind. 

Edited by Otis james

• Administrators

Awesome, thanks for sharing. I spoke to Dr. Pinto for over 2 hours. He’s very passionate and dedicated.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Awesome, thanks for sharing. I spoke to Dr. Pinto for over 2 hours. He’s very passionate and dedicated.

Thanks, Melvin. He is a really lovely man! I look forward to your podcast. He did mention he enjoyed doing it. 👌

• Like 1

Morning lads! 

while this is ruling my life, I thought I’d do a few videos. It won’t be every day, don’t worry! 
anyway, all feels well. Still a bit swollen. Antibiotics are giving me the trots a little too! Not really sure what else to say at this point! 

if you click on the little cog symbol, you can increase the video quality…

Edited by Otis james
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Otis james said:

Me too! Fingers crossed it all comes together nicely…. Bloody cold here in the UK… bad time to shave one’s head! 

I'm about 1 month ahead of you following my surgery with Dr. Pinto. 

On the flipside, the shaved head with tattoos look is mad 👊 

5 hours ago, fullheadofhair said:

I'm about 1 month ahead of you following my surgery with Dr. Pinto. 

On the flipside, the shaved head with tattoos look is mad 👊 

Nice one mate. How’s it looking?  What day did you start sleeping normally?

28 minutes ago, Otis james said:

Nice one mate. How’s it looking?  What day did you start sleeping normally?

I like the shaved head look but the hairs are shedding now so need to get through this next phase in the journey lol.

Dr. Pinto said I could lay on my side and sleep on day 4 from what I remember. I started sleeping normally around that time (1-2 days later). I wasn't too paranoid about it.

1 minute ago, fullheadofhair said:

I like the shaved head look but the hairs are shedding now so need to get through this next phase in the journey lol.

Dr. Pinto said I could lay on my side and sleep on day 4 from what I remember. I started sleeping normally around that time (1-2 days later). I wasn't too paranoid about it.

How about a hat? 

5 minutes ago, fullheadofhair said:

Same advice. Day 4. Just be careful putting it on and off and make sure it is loose fitted.

Yeah that’s what he told me…. I was going to try a wooly beanie. Is it ok for the hat to touch the grafts at this point? 

Edited by Otis james

2 hours ago, Otis james said:

Yeah that’s what he told me…. I was going to try a wooly beanie. Is it ok for the hat to touch the grafts at this point? 

Check with Dr. Pinto. I messaged him on whatsapp with a question post surgery and he replied straight away.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 1:26 AM, Otis james said:

Me too! Fingers crossed it all comes together nicely…. Bloody cold here in the UK… bad time to shave one’s head! 

good time to wear a beanie though, but give it a month or so first.

i think as long as the cap itself isn't pressing on the recipient area grafts you're fine to wear it - make it loose and don't wear it all the time.
this first couple of weeks is crucial to make sure you don't bang the area or cause any trauma.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, Otis james said:

Donor on day 4…. I think it looks very good. What do you all think? 

IMG_0471.jpeg

IMG_0472.jpeg

Looks really good, the extractions are homogeneous. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.