Decision about future HT: Dr Pittella versus Dr Arika Bansal from Eugenix

On 1/16/2024 at 10:48 AM, Tommy1991 said:

It does happen. I am one of those patients. 

I guess I am also curious as to whether you are happy with the results of the HT - aesthetically speaking. 

On 1/15/2024 at 6:59 PM, Gatsby said:

Think long term (like forever). Go with who you feel you have the best communication with. Great surgeons are booked out far in advance for good reason. I wouldn't factor cost into this. Wishing you all the best with whoever you choose.

makes sense. Part of the thought of the long term also feeds into my concerns around burning through a lot of grafts at the first go. But your point is well taken. 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2024 at 11:15 AM, hairman22 said:

Pittella 100% go for him

I really do like the guy but between the new cost structure, and my ability to actually get this done this year by him, it will be tricky - although I really like the guy!  

1 hour ago, WhamHair said:

that is pretty crazy since i get the sense the package tied to him is even pricier than the one with Dr Bansal. I guess the question of consequence here is - are you happy with the job they did for you in terms of aesthetic results? Would love to know. 

Happy with the result but not happy being ripped off.

4 hours ago, WhamHair said:

I guess I am also curious as to whether you are happy with the results of the HT - aesthetically speaking. 

I couldn’t be more dissatisfied! As far as repairs go, it’s fairly poor and total rip off… 

The pacakage tied to Dr. Sethi is even higher, they dont even quote it to you initially. Plus the waiting list is much longer as he takes on less patients. 

Dr. Bansal is really good. But from what ive heard she does the consult and incisions. And crucial extractions if you ask, or willing to pay higer. Most of the work is being done by juinor docs. From extraction to implantation etc etc. They have several patients in a day. Plus theyve begun to operate more like a large scale business. Good results but i would think twice. 

Pittella hands down. You know exactly what you are getting when you go. His new Norwood scale also gives you a tailor made procedure.

Eugenix have been a great option  in the past but recently I’ve seen a few questionable results. The involvement of more junior techs would alarm me.

Edited by ScottishGuy21
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

Pittella hands down. You know exactly what you are getting when you go. His new Norwood scale also gives you a tailor made procedure.

Eugenix have been a great option  in the past but recently I’ve seen a few questionable results. The involvement of more junior techs would alarm me.

Thanks so much for this. Can you shed more like on some of these questionable results? I am very curious to know what went wrong.

15 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

I would have easily gone with Dr. pittella. He is a amazing doctor and from what you wrote it seems he cares and that is really important. 

He really does care and his entire demeanor is pleasant and reassuring and I love how he fixed on specific things that he said I should remember (even if I forget everything else). I also like that he didn't try and sell me on picking him to do the HT. That being said, with him, I may not have the ability to  get the HT done this year, the cost implications are huge, and more importantly, I'll be on my own for recovery - while having a lot of support at home if I did this at Eugenix in Mumbai (that being said, I want to understand what my risks are with Eugenix). 

On 1/20/2024 at 10:57 PM, WhamHair said:

This is good to know - and in your case, judging by your post signature, it looks like they fixed an initially badly done transplant by another surgeon - so I imagine that went a long way in reaffirming your faith in their competence. 

Yes, they did their best to fix a badly done HT (low density, donor over harvested, poor hairline designing, double grafts in hairline). My experience with them vs my experience for my first HT not comparable at all. 

I think all the technicians know what they're doing. Moreover, if you're clear about your expectations and overall planning I don't think there will be any complications. And if you've some confusion, you can discuss further to solve it. As I've already said, both of them are excellent surgeons so I don't think there will be any risks involved. Now you've to choose any of them based on other factors. Best wishes 👍🏼

It is difficult to find a skilled plastic surgeon who is also humble and willing to spend as much time with the patient without giving any indication of rushing. This combination is rare…and Dr. Pittella is one such doctor. Speaking from my very recent experience. 

Edited by YodaHead
  • Like 1

12.5k grafts with Dr. Felipe Pitella in Jan 2024.

Link to my journey:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/71724-12501-grafts-dr-felipe-pittella-jan-2024/

On 1/17/2024 at 12:41 PM, DeltaV said:

At least she was in and out of surgery room...in my case Dr Sethi was just Out 😆

Did you buy the Sethi package and this still happened?

damn

2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@DeltaV I’ve just watched your YouTube account post op of your experience with Eugenix. It completely contradicts everything that you have stated about them on this forum??? 

That was pre-op video. Never did post-op for obvious reasons 😛

There will be bad results with every surgeon. And, it's fair to ask this question on the forum. That's what it's for. But, keep in mind, some people will be in Dr. Pittella's camp and others will vouch for Eugenix with their lives. In the end, it falls on you to do tons and tons of research. Different surgeons are better for different Norwood levels. Do you need more hairline work or crown, etc. And, of course, cost and location should be on the list but farther down and should come into play when everything else is fairly close. And, don't be swayed in your decision because you may have to wait a few extra months for one surgeon. Right surgeon means everything for a decision this big. All the best in your search. 

Edited by zach07
  • Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 9:52 PM, zach07 said:

There will be bad results with every surgeon. And, it's fair to ask this question on the forum. That's what it's for. But, keep in mind, some people will be in Dr. Pittella's camp and others will vouch for Eugenix with their lives. In the end, it falls on you to do tons and tons of research. Different surgeons are better for different Norwood levels. Do you need more hairline work or crown, etc. And, of course, cost and location should be on the list but farther down and should come into play when everything else is fairly close. And, don't be swayed in your decision because you may have to wait a few extra months for one surgeon. Right surgeon means everything for a decision this big. All the best in your search. 

For sure, but Pitella and Sethi are almost identical price so I think that’s why that debate starts. And almost everyone has to travel quite a bit to either India or Brazil. I do think Pittella is more transparent about how he runs his practice. Sethi has a ton of employees who work under for him for sure, both great!

• Valued Contributor

Surgery is a one time event which is a significant one and convenience shouldn't be a factor in choosing a surgeon. Should never let convenience be an influencing factor tbh.

So imho you should choose the one whose results you like the most and the one in whom you have greater confidence.

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

On 1/26/2024 at 3:51 AM, Shadman said:

Yes, they did their best to fix a badly done HT (low density, donor over harvested, poor hairline designing, double grafts in hairline). My experience with them vs my experience for my first HT not comparable at all. 

I think all the technicians know what they're doing. Moreover, if you're clear about your expectations and overall planning I don't think there will be any complications. And if you've some confusion, you can discuss further to solve it. As I've already said, both of them are excellent surgeons so I don't think there will be any risks involved. Now you've to choose any of them based on other factors. Best wishes 👍🏼

Thanks so much for the reassurance. 

On 1/27/2024 at 7:59 PM, YodaHead said:

It is difficult to find a skilled plastic surgeon who is also humble and willing to spend as much time with the patient without giving any indication of rushing. This combination is rare…and Dr. Pittella is one such doctor. Speaking from my very recent experience. 

I 100% agree with you. I really like the guy but I don't have any hope of getting work done by him this year - and I am at a juncture where this needs to get done earlier than next year. Ideally, I should have done this a few years ago but I was battling other health issues that made my concerns with my hair loss a relative pleasure cruise in comparison. Obviously, if after more investigation, I find that waiting until next year for Dr Pittella is the best path forward, that is exactly what I will do. Thanks a ton! 

On 2/2/2024 at 12:23 PM, Rose17 said:

For sure, but Pitella and Sethi are almost identical price so I think that’s why that debate starts. And almost everyone has to travel quite a bit to either India or Brazil. I do think Pittella is more transparent about how he runs his practice. Sethi has a ton of employees who work under for him for sure, both great!

On a per-graft basis, their prices are almost identical for sure. Hence, the "price per graft" criteria has gone out the window for me at this point. I think it's a holistic decision provided I there are no lingering doubts about Eugenix to do the job. This post is just be doing my due diligence but echoing your assertion on why this is a source of debate. 

On 2/2/2024 at 4:24 PM, A_4_Archan said:

Surgery is a one time event which is a significant one and convenience shouldn't be a factor in choosing a surgeon. Should never let convenience be an influencing factor tbh.

So imho you should choose the one whose results you like the most and the one in whom you have greater confidence.

This is the part that I am trying to validate. I am trying to do the trade-off between my take on comparative competence and how soon I can do this. I already feel like I am addressing this a few years later than I should have. But in essence, I agree with you. 

I sent a few questions over the staff at Eugenix over the weekend to get a sense of what aspects of the surgery Dr Bansal is involved in - especially since there are concerns here about her shutting from one surgery room to another. I expressed my concern to the team and this is what they reverted with:

"Firstly, in the super premium package, Dr. Arika Bansal will personally perform the procedure. 

Secondly, it is advisable to discontinue the use of Minoxidil at least 7 to 30 days before the procedure.

Lastly, as part of the super premium package, Dr. Arika Bansal will be responsible for the planning, designing, and complete slits. The remaining aspects of the procedure will be carried out by senior technicians under the supervision of the leading doctor.

I understand that clarity regarding the commercials and the level of doctor's involvement is crucial for you. To address any further questions or concerns, I believe that a quick call between us would be beneficial in providing better communication and understanding."

For those of you that leveraged Eugenix, did you hear something similar from their office while NOT experiencing what they outline here?