Decision about future HT: Dr Pittella versus Dr Arika Bansal from Eugenix

I also had a recent video consult with Dr. Pittella.  I was offered late Jun 2025 (2 days).  The 2 packages, as folks have stated, have gone up for sure.  I am looking at around 10,000 grafts (best guess looking at pics).

FYI, I was asked to deposit $6KUSD to reserve the June 2025 dates.  Were you also asked for a reservation deposit?  I've haven't responded yet as I'm trying to figurer out if this is normal practice for the majority of highly sought after surgeons.

I would be flying from California which is quite a trip but would make the most of it with my wife. I could not find surgeons in United States that does Giga Sessions and more importantly the quality of the results compared to Pittella.  

Again, just curious if you were asked for a deposit to secure transplant dates.

2 hours ago, FSLONAL said:

I also had a recent video consult with Dr. Pittella.  I was offered late Jun 2025 (2 days).  The 2 packages, as folks have stated, have gone up for sure.  I am looking at around 10,000 grafts (best guess looking at pics).

FYI, I was asked to deposit $6KUSD to reserve the June 2025 dates.  Were you also asked for a reservation deposit?  I've haven't responded yet as I'm trying to figurer out if this is normal practice for the majority of highly sought after surgeons.

I would be flying from California which is quite a trip but would make the most of it with my wife. I could not find surgeons in United States that does Giga Sessions and more importantly the quality of the results compared to Pittella.  

I actually wasn't asked for a deposit since I had not gone as far as committing to a date. I didn't want to wait until next year (I really wish I had revisited the HT thing 2 or 3 years ago). I think reservation deposits are normal. I just didn't expect it to be as high as $6k USD for Dr Pittella.

4 hours ago, WhamHair said:

I actually wasn't asked for a deposit since I had not gone as far as committing to a date. I didn't want to wait until next year (I really wish I had revisited the HT thing 2 or 3 years ago). I think reservation deposits are normal. I just didn't expect it to be as high as $6k USD for Dr Pittella.

Thank you for commenting.  It was a surprise to me and I'm struggling with the amount of time before the date but I don't see a better Dr. around for my specific case.  Sincerely wish you the best in finding what's right for you.  

17 hours ago, FSLONAL said:

I am scheduled with Dr Pittella Feb 2025 and I was asked and paid that 6K USD deposit. Cheers. 

2 minutes ago, pullinyourleg said:

I am scheduled with Dr Pittella Feb 2025 and I was asked and paid that 6K USD deposit. Cheers. 

Thanks pullingyourleg!  Nice to have confirmation from others as it's a nice deposit sum.  By the time I get my procedure done you will be over the hump at 4 months and will start seeing great results.

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2024 at 1:30 AM, FSLONAL said:

Thank you for commenting.  It was a surprise to me and I'm struggling with the amount of time before the date but I don't see a better Dr. around for my specific case.  Sincerely wish you the best in finding what's right for you.  

Of course. Just out of curiosity, what is it about your specific case that makes Dr Pittella the only person for the job? I will admit that I like the guy a lot. In our virtual consultation, he had this attitude of "this consultation only ends when you want it to and feel like you've got your questions answered" despite the official consultation time only being 30 minutes. Mine went WAAAAY over. The guy is generous with his time and is humble. 

1 hour ago, WhamHair said:

Of course. Just out of curiosity, what is it about your specific case that makes Dr Pittella the only person for the job? I will admit that I like the guy a lot. In our virtual consultation, he had this attitude of "this consultation only ends when you want it to and feel like you've got your questions answered" despite the official consultation time only being 30 minutes. Mine went WAAAAY over. The guy is generous with his time and is humble. 

It's all about results for me.  I'm a Norwood 6+ and every YouTube/Instagram example with heads like mine, Dr. Pittella has the best results for Giga Sessions (2 consecutive days).  I liked the feedback from everyone that had their work done by Dr. Pittella.  Also, he is very skilled in using beard hair which I will use.  I wish surgeons in the USA could do it with similar results but haven't found them.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FSLONAL said:

It's all about results for me.  I'm a Norwood 6+ and every YouTube/Instagram example with heads like mine, Dr. Pittella has the best results for Giga Sessions (2 consecutive days).  I liked the feedback from everyone that had their work done by Dr. Pittella.  Also, he is very skilled in using beard hair which I will use.  I wish surgeons in the USA could do it with similar results but haven't found them.  

This is definitely a good reason to go with Dr Pittella. He seems to do good work on high Norwood folks. It's a bummer we don't have comparable options (at comparable costs) here in the US. Thanks so much for this context.

• Like 2