Resul Yaman - 4550 Grafts, Sep18/2023

On 1/11/2024 at 7:36 PM, dinothet said:

You find anywhere as going there 2nd week Feb how was your procedure 

Yes whole procedure was rather straight forward, will write up a review in full once I gone through the 1st part of recovery. In general the only thing I would say is the local anesthetics at the start 10/15 injections was strong but pain last 3 secs each only. Location wise theres a Mall, Starcity outlet 20 mins walk or 5 min Cab or theres a petrol station and few small super markets 3-5 mins walk you can grab some small snacks. I ordered room service price was fair IMO.

120 Day (4th month) update

Edited out the background because there's some funny stuff going on in the kitchen. No edits to my photo aside from that, promise!

Lots of little new hairs popping up here and there. If I touch my head, it reminds me of the fuzzy I felt at around 10-ish days when my crown was full bloom before shedding. I'm still not visually happy from a front look, as the transplanted hair is still wispy, thin, and kind of see-through, but I realize that I think I look prety similar to other 4 month patients. Still feeling kind of blue because I grew my hair super long before the transplant and would fluff it out to cover up all my bald spots, so I still look a little worse than before, visually - but I know that I shredded that fake identity for a better me. I would say about 30% of pinkness remains, and I know my journey has much more to come.

5th month update will come a little bit later, probably around ~25th or so, as I'm going back to Turkey for lower blepharoplasty on Feb19 to get rid of my eye bags, since this turkey plastic surgery stuff seems to be going pretty well. I'll probably get my first haircut around month 5 - the sides are kind of fluffy and dumb looking right now but I just feel like a goofball going to get my haircut when it's still so patchy up top. You can see so many little hairs starting to come in since my last time though! My donor is typically floofy so I hope that my recipient mirrors that forever ( I hear so many conflicting comments about it staying like the donor hair or not, texture wise - i'd be curious if there were any actual studies, because every doctor seems to say something different. )

I have read lots about the next few months being the "big" ones if something is happening, and I would say from the volume of fuzzy baby hairs I feel that I feel pretty good about moving forward from here. My hair loss pattern from before was quite strange but fortunate ( I kept my hairline mostly forever, though it just inched EVER so slightly back - finasteride if that is you doing work out there, god bless you )

Anyways, back to growing with me. ONWARDS AND UPWARDS! ...all of me. Including my scalp. Please.

To me, what is most impressive about this month was my scalp "woke up". Like, look at my last update compared to this one. TONS of tiny baby hairs all suddenly awakened like an ancient evil from their slumber. I hope that my dark children grow to serve their nefarious purpose.

By the way, when someone tells you the hairs are "wispy, thin, and colorless", this is the image used to best describe it in two different lighting situations.

One makes it look like I almost have a full head of hair already

the other looks like i'm a freako with like 3 long hairs on my head. lol.

Lighting more often is like the second than the first. So as for right now, i'm not satisfied - but considering the other hairs are probably not fully mature, and i'm on ONLY month 4....I have a feeling things are going well. Much more to come, and the best is yet ahead, even!

20240116_210004.jpg

Capture.PNG

Edited by xXFOLICILEDOMINIONXx

3 hours ago, xXFOLICILEDOMINIONXx said:

120 Day (4th month) update

Edited out the background because there's some funny stuff going on in the kitchen. No edits to my photo aside from that, promise!

Lots of little new hairs popping up here and there. If I touch my head, it reminds me of the fuzzy I felt at around 10-ish days when my crown was full bloom before shedding. I'm still not visually happy from a front look, as the transplanted hair is still wispy, thin, and kind of see-through, but I realize that I think I look prety similar to other 4 month patients. Still feeling kind of blue because I grew my hair super long before the transplant and would fluff it out to cover up all my bald spots, so I still look a little worse than before, visually - but I know that I shredded that fake identity for a better me. I would say about 30% of pinkness remains, and I know my journey has much more to come.

5th month update will come a little bit later, probably around ~25th or so, as I'm going back to Turkey for lower blepharoplasty on Feb19 to get rid of my eye bags, since this turkey plastic surgery stuff seems to be going pretty well. I'll probably get my first haircut around month 5 - the sides are kind of fluffy and dumb looking right now but I just feel like a goofball going to get my haircut when it's still so patchy up top. You can see so many little hairs starting to come in since my last time though! My donor is typically floofy so I hope that my recipient mirrors that forever ( I hear so many conflicting comments about it staying like the donor hair or not, texture wise - i'd be curious if there were any actual studies, because every doctor seems to say something different. )

I have read lots about the next few months being the "big" ones if something is happening, and I would say from the volume of fuzzy baby hairs I feel that I feel pretty good about moving forward from here. My hair loss pattern from before was quite strange but fortunate ( I kept my hairline mostly forever, though it just inched EVER so slightly back - finasteride if that is you doing work out there, god bless you )

Anyways, back to growing with me. ONWARDS AND UPWARDS! ...all of me. Including my scalp. Please.

To me, what is most impressive about this month was my scalp "woke up". Like, look at my last update compared to this one. TONS of tiny baby hairs all suddenly awakened like an ancient evil from their slumber. I hope that my dark children grow to serve their nefarious purpose.

By the way, when someone tells you the hairs are "wispy, thin, and colorless", this is the image used to best describe it in two different lighting situations.

One makes it look like I almost have a full head of hair already

the other looks like i'm a freako with like 3 long hairs on my head. lol.

Lighting more often is like the second than the first. So as for right now, i'm not satisfied - but considering the other hairs are probably not fully mature, and i'm on ONLY month 4....I have a feeling things are going well. Much more to come, and the best is yet ahead, even!

20240116_210004.jpg

Capture.PNG

You are right on track for 4 months. Waiting for your new update !

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm..I'm beginning to get a little bit worried. Is it normal to still see very little growth? I saw some fuzzies but I feel like things are very slow. 

Frontal view in harsh light is still very, very bad. I know it's a long process, but was anyone like this at 4.5 months? In the harshest light in my home, I still feel my hair looks actually far worse than pre-op..

I had hoped things would be looking a little bit better by now. I know everyone's timeline is different but so many people end up with failed transplants

after 8+ months, and everyone just saying "it's fine, trust the process" at month 5 and 6 but i've almost never seen it improve if it doesn't look kind-of good on those months.

Can everything really change in 2-6 weeks? I hope so, but i'm starting to enter the "extreme worry about failed transplant" phase

image.png.c736a624aae323ab794ced26a96fab34.png

image.png

pre-op, I could at least style my hair to kind of hide things..but for now it just looks not so great. It's like my ugly duckling is extending.

image.png.6df1aed6ddaa91508ecd9e0e82fc714c.png

pre-op

I was pretty good at shifting my hair to cover bald spots , some of the back was very long.? But it seems very strange.

I don't smoke and I only drank one day 3 months after the procedure. I followed post-op procedure to a T.

Yaman requests feedback only on 1,3,6,12 months.

I don't feel my life is exceptionally stressful or more stressful than usual. ( though it is starting to become stressful - I think I have the worst 4.5 months results I have seen in any patient I have looked at here or on reddit.)

I recognize that more could happen but i'm just feeling in the dumps right about now because most people see some kind of result by about now

4.5 months is still very early. Most people will have the very start of growth at this point. Only a portion of the new grafts would have broken through the scalp, the rate of which really differs from person to person. If you can feel stubble or see some initial growth then that's exactly what's expected at this point. 

Yes some will lucky enough to see early growth but this isn't the norm. You're just 2 weeks in to the initial growth for the majority. The following months are where you should see the most amount of growth happening. 

thought of taking minoxidil , finestride or other vitamins to aid the growth (didn't re read your summary to see if you were or not)?

Your right to worry 4 months is early but it should be long enough to see some positivity.

I take finasteride 1mg daily for 3 years, oral minox 1.25 1x daily, ketocanozle shampoo 2x week. I've been supplementing with the vitamins the clinic gave me, multivitamins, 2000IU vitamin D, and 720mg omega3 daily. I use a paraben / sulfate / dye free biotin and collagen shampoo and conditioner daily.

I recognize 4.5 months is still early but I don't think i've seen results as sparse as mine at 4.5 months. There is a small visual improvement in the top down angle but it is just very discouraging to be here right now.

I will take the hopes and dreams ( and the endorsement of gatsby, the legend ) and hopefully create a better tomorrow and try not to worry but it's kinda looming over me like a dark cloud. These posts are kind of like journals around the thing, so this is a journal entry where i'm feeling a little anxious.

I realize results are different for everyone, but I haven't seen anyone where i'm at, at 4.5 months, ever make a turnaround. (if anyone has any examples to spark hope, i could use them right now) I'm hoping i'll be different.

All you can do now is be positive and not stress about it too much. Just cut it short or wear a cap when your out and about in the meantime is your really disliking the look.

Give it another 2 months that's should be the month where it grows from what I been reading. Your already been through the worst (surgery, 1st week , shock loss)

From the above angle, it does look like things are improving, I think still? It's very hard to tell because my scalp is becoming less pink finally..but it's also hard to determine if my hair is just shifting one way instead of another way to cover stuff.

But the front view is very much not great, and it's hard to tell from the above angle because my scalp is like camouflaging some stuff.

visual.jpg

I reached out to the clinic today. They recommended I stop oral minoxidil and switch to topical minoxidil 1x/ day at nighttime. I will follow the clinic's directions but it does not inspire hope.

I'm 1 week away from 5 months and I look significantly worse than pre-transplant still. I'm trying not to panic but I haven't seen anyone with results like mine at almost 5 months. I'm trying to grow whatever native hair I have left out to cover things up but I have a feeling some of the native hair didn't survive the transplant from the way things look. Usually people see some sort of positives by now. I don't even have a complete hairline and look worse than most people pre-op.

If anyone has any examples of anyone as bad as me as 5 months that turned things around, I could really use some hope now. I am assuming I am a failed transplant at this point but i'll continue to update for the good of the journaling. ( plus journaling helps let some stress out )

dark light.PNG

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Myles23 said:

Hey @xXFOLICILEDOMINIONXx. You might find this video useful 

I actually did watch this video initially, It kind of inspired hope - however there is still an improvement from pre-op to month 5 in all of these slow grower examples.

For me, I have negative improvement. ( at least it kind of feels that way )

I understand you are stressed and everything but this is not even 5 month after your surgery so you have to give it at least 7-8 month and reassess after that. Hopefully thing will turn around. And also I soo that the doctor was Yaman. I will pray for you 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, xXFOLICILEDOMINIONXx said:

I reached out to the clinic today. They recommended I stop oral minoxidil and switch to topical minoxidil 1x/ day at nighttime. I will follow the clinic's directions but it does not inspire hope.

I'm 1 week away from 5 months and I look significantly worse than pre-transplant still. I'm trying not to panic but I haven't seen anyone with results like mine at almost 5 months. I'm trying to grow whatever native hair I have left out to cover things up but I have a feeling some of the native hair didn't survive the transplant from the way things look. Usually people see some sort of positives by now. I don't even have a complete hairline and look worse than most people pre-op.

If anyone has any examples of anyone as bad as me as 5 months that turned things around, I could really use some hope now. I am assuming I am a failed transplant at this point but i'll continue to update for the good of the journaling. ( plus journaling helps let some stress out )

dark light.PNG

Very best of luck brother! Stay strong and persevere!

• Like 1

So Dr. Yaman didn't do the full procedure himself? Also, have you looked through recent results of his on this website, I think he has had some poor ones? You still have time for improvement so don't worry just yet, months 6-7 you will notice the biggest changes. 

Thank you all for your encouragement, it helps.

Dr. Yaman does not do the full procedure. He does consultation and hairline design, and then incision. Techs do extraction and insertion. Yaman comes to check in several times during the procedure.

When I selected yaman, I selected based on a couple quite good results on high norwood cases on this forum. I did not see Tope and Lirti (who I think both had a failed transplant ) or I would not have selected this doctor.

I am just disheartened because everyone's ugly duckling is supposed to be like 3-4 months, and for me it seems it may be longer. (and what's worse, now is about soon the time whether I find out this is a fail or success.)I found someone like me on reddit who had a great transformation ( I am not sure I am allowed to display reddit posts here? ) But if you look at this guy and then see his 6.5 month, wow. This guy is my inspiration and I hope for something like this. I think also it is hard to maybe see if I have density since longer , thicker hairs are covering up my smaller hairs

Edited by Melvin- Admin
Removed link
  • Like 3

In most clinics doctor doesn’t do the whole procedure by himself but he uses techs to help him. So as soon as dr yaman participated in the procedure and he does supervision it’s fine. 

You still have lots of time mate. You don’t have to worry. Dr yaman is a good surgeon and he has many good results on this forum. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Don’t be discouraged, there’s still plenty of time for improvement. Try not to stress too early on. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

OK boys, this is 5months, 1 weeks. I'm just back from Antalya, Turkey ( Got lower blepharoplasty to get rid of my undereye bags! Antalya is so beautiful!)

This was my finally "we are turning this ship around, boys" moment. Just a few weeks ago, I was like "can this shazbot really turn around in two weeks?!" and by the power of the Great Gatsby, the answer is YES.

Harsh overhead lighting..we are not there yet. But I am now officially past telling friends "no, my hair transplant didn't fail, i'm busy growing, leave me alone" over and over.

In cloudier lighting? We are now looking pretty good. Especially if I fluff my hair a little bit after a shower.

I hope for things to thicken up and get denser, but now i'm starting to feel pretty good! Thank you for your support! Like Son Goku, I have taken all of your prayers and began growing.

I think my hair just might grow slow in general. I still haven't got a haircut since the procedure, lol.

STAY TUNED BOYS, THIS IS MAYBE GETTING GOOD

20240222_182342.jpg

20240223_222712.jpg

20240222_142435.jpg

• Like 5

• Valued Contributor

@xXFOLICILEDOMINIONXx that hair of yours is starting to really kick in now. Everything about hair transplants is like a game of patience (or in my case snakes and ladders as I begin another ugly duck). Remember slow and steady wins the race at 12 months. 💯

2 hours ago, xXFOLICILEDOMINIONXx said:

blepharoplasty

This sounds like something I need next! 😉 All the best! 👌

• Like 1

• Moderators

There's definitely an improvement in just the past few weeks, so it seems like now is when the growth is really kicking in.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.