Who Had The Best Hair Transplant of 2023

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

Like the title says, nominate a member you feel had the best results of the year. After we have the nominations, I’ll create another thread to have an official ballot. 

The winner will get featured in our last newsletter of the year, plus a special prize from our community. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, duchaine said:

Only 12 months old or even "promising" HT, that people got in the last 2-3-4 months?

I would say at least 9 months so you know what it’s gonna look like.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, davidn said:

I nominate @mtb.

He was definitely in my mind. 

@Gatsby is an amazing choice, as is @Capelli21 everyone worthy of nominations.

View my thread

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Britanium said:

I would nominate @captaincalico his journey has been absolutely phenomenal. One of the best hair evolutions I have ever seen bar none. 

Fantastic nomination. 

• Thanks 1

View my thread

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

Search Pittella on here his results are incredible tbh

@mtb results will perfect too when the 2nd grows in will be as good as Hugo imo

Dr. Pittella is amazing.

View my thread

26 minutes ago, Youth_Again said:

maybe we should do both!

like for football they have those golden boy awards 🤣

For me it is really hard to find parameters to say who is the best.
A 2000 UF hairline, where the doctor gets the best natural result possibile for an original NW 2-3 is it better than a 10.000 FU zarev HT for a NW 7?

2 minutes ago, duchaine said:

For me it is really hard to find parameters to say who is the best.
A 2000 UF hairline, where the doctor gets the best natural result possibile for an original NW 2-3 is it better than a 10.000 FU zarev HT for a NW 7?

I guess you could do 2 categories ? 
High NW and low NW

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Youth_Again said:

I guess you could do 2 categories ? 
High NW and low NW

You cannot compare a Norwood 2 1,500 graft session to a Norwood 7 13,000 graft session. The Norwood 2 can be executed flawlessly. But they're miles apart if we're looking at it from a technical perspective. In addition, the Norwood 2 would have some aesthetic improvement, but it probably won't make a huge difference in their day-to-day appearance. 

The criteria should be based on who had the most significant aesthetic impact. At the same time, we should also examine the artistic and technical aspects.

View my thread

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

You cannot compare a Norwood 2 1,500 graft session to a Norwood 7 13,000 graft session. The Norwood 2 can be executed flawlessly. But they're miles apart if we're looking at it from a technical perspective. In addition, the Norwood 2 would have some aesthetic improvement, but it probably won't make a huge difference in their day-to-day appearance. 

The criteria should be based on who had the most significant aesthetic impact. At the same time, we should also examine the artistic and technical aspects.

Hm I see, but then it would mostly focus on high NW and high grafts sessions mostly 

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Youth_Again said:

Hm I see, but then it would mostly focus on high NW and high grafts sessions mostly 

I think Norwood 3-4 is still a reasonable change. As long as there is a marked difference, that is impressive.

View my thread

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Anon94 said:

I'll throw @Jamos1982 into the mix. Basically a full fix for a NW6 in one procedure. Pretty small graft count and still great density. 

And seemingly still going to improve on that. 

His results are insane. Good choice 👍🏼 

View my thread

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Youth_Again said:

I would say @Will_the_way

only 6 months post op and already has crazy result and density

Love his results 🙏

View my thread

3 hours ago, Anon94 said:

I'll throw @Jamos1982 into the mix. Basically a full fix for a NW6 in one procedure. Pretty small graft count and still great density. 

And seemingly still going to improve on that. 

x2 for @Jamos1982 — just jaw dropping for one procedure. Or @Sele — since he uses zero meds and looks so good for just 5 months 

13 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

We need at least two categories, high and low NW. Might need a category for hairline and crown also.

A 80 FU / cm transplant is incredible difficult to achieve, so I do not agree that a high NW case is more difficult from a technical perspective. Maybe from a planning perspective.

The view on aesthetic impact differs from person to person. Sure, we can have an impressive high NW case with 10.000 grafts in one sitting, achieving an adequate density and a very good improvement from the starting point. But the hairline of a ultra high density case will be (in the right surgeon hands) much more impressive than the hairline of the 10.000 graft case (in most cases).

My point is that if only high NW cases are viewed as the "best transplants" we are missing out on some of the most impressive cases on this forum, and we are excluding some of the very best surgeons.

• Thanks 1

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023