1500 graft hairline with Dr Laorwong

hairman4321

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/1/2024 at 1:53 AM, hairman4321 said:

~4 months
pretty happy with how its going. i think generally i heal slower than average.

4months-front.thumb.jpg.aca70203995623bb10cf986c9bd3141b.jpg

4months-left.thumb.jpg.fd247ca3ead4f0a8ba274982fa698716.jpg

4months-right.thumb.jpg.f0cce472a4332912f0c1255eb68229a8.jpg

Interesting that you opted for the long hair to hide it. How well are you able to conceal it? 

7 hours ago, Cyzkm said:

Interesting that you opted for the long hair to hide it. How well are you able to conceal it? 

Completely, only my GF knows ive had it done. I just wear a hat outside when it's windy.

Something interesting I've noticed for awhile now. Below is a picture of a hair I cut off near the tip (not near the root). See how on one end its thick for a small distance, and then it goes thinner? That thick tip was the outer most section of the hair, I think an original graft which didn't shed. It's interesting how it gets thinner and then sort of thicker again. Initially I thought it was that the hairs from the donor were taking on the hair quality on the hairline (thinner) but it seems to thicken up a bit. Maybe the stress from the operation provided less nutrients (well, most of them were shedding completely anyway).

20240306_160217.thumb.jpg.201d3476124800253dd2c14a127cecc2.jpg

2 hours ago, hairman4321 said:

Something interesting I've noticed for awhile now. Below is a picture of a hair I cut off near the tip (not near the root). See how on one end its thick for a small distance, and then it goes thinner? That thick tip was the outer most section of the hair, I think an original graft which didn't shed. It's interesting how it gets thinner and then sort of thicker again. Initially I thought it was that the hairs from the donor were taking on the hair quality on the hairline (thinner) but it seems to thicken up a bit. Maybe the stress from the operation provided less nutrients (well, most of them were shedding completely anyway).

20240306_160217.thumb.jpg.201d3476124800253dd2c14a127cecc2.jpg

Have u shed these hairs before? I’ve read that the hairs need to go through a few growth cycles to look normal. 

23 hours ago, Cyzkm said:

Have u shed these hairs before? I’ve read that the hairs need to go through a few growth cycles to look normal. 

no, these are the hairs that didn't shed - i think thats why the tip is so big.

Posted (edited)

I will leave final judgement until more around 8 months in, but now i look back at the original hairline design i noticed that the left (my preferred) side has a more angular point of where the hairline meets the temple, where as the right is more rounded. i'm noticing it more now as the hair is growing in. the rounded design doesn't look as natural.

The right was more heavily reconstructed as I had asymmetric recession. I wonder if Dr Laorwong or Dr Bonus does graft removal. I think all this right side needs is a few grafts removed to make it more angular. If i went for a second appointment maybe I could look at adding more density too (if thats a problem - again lets see at 8 months or a year and decide).

@Jamos1982 you recently went for a touch-up, did you get any grafts removed, or was it just added in your case?

something more like the pic below:
ScreenShot2024-03-07at6_02_34pm.png.dce952b9957db30dc54ad67cd0105431.png

Edited by hairman4321

1 hour ago, hairman4321 said:

I will leave final judgement until more around 8 months in, but now i look back at the original hairline design i noticed that the left (my preferred) side has a more angular point of where the hairline meets the temple, where as the right is more rounded. i'm noticing it more now as the hair is growing in. the rounded design doesn't look as natural.

The right was more heavily reconstructed as I had asymmetric recession. I wonder if Dr Laorwong or Dr Bonus does graft removal. I think all this right side needs is a few grafts removed to make it more angular. If i went for a second appointment maybe I could look at adding more density too (if thats a problem - again lets see at 8 months or a year and decide).

@Jamos1982 you recently went for a touch-up, did you get any grafts removed, or was it just added in your case?

Hi no graft removal as wasent needed. We just tweaked the hairline and added 2-3 rows of singles in front. I asked for a feathered hairline full of singles. Let’s see how it turns out in 6 to 8 months 🙏

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
14 hours ago, hairman4321 said:

I would wait until 8 months also. I have a similar rounded corner also. In order to hide my hairline scar it was necessary to do so.

12 hours ago, Otis james said:

Why do some docs round the corners off like this? Looks a bit “Turkey” to me….. Having said that, when it’s all grown out I bet you won’t notice… 

not sure, one was rounded and one was more straight. i drew the hairline on myself so perhaps it was my drawing! i only had some hairs added to the temple on the rounded side though, i think having to reconstruct that point was probably tricky.

overall though the procedure was very clean and it seems to be going well so far. i plucked some hairs out of that rounded corner today and it looks much better to me, will post some pics tomorrow.

1 hour ago, hairman4321 said:

not sure, one was rounded and one was more straight. i drew the hairline on myself so perhaps it was my drawing! i only had some hairs added to the temple on the rounded side though, i think having to reconstruct that point was probably tricky.

overall though the procedure was very clean and it seems to be going well so far. i plucked some hairs out of that rounded corner today and it looks much better to me, will post some pics tomorrow.

You drew your own hairline and the doc just went with it?! Is that normal? 

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Otis james said:

You drew your own hairline and the doc just went with it?! Is that normal? 

I had something very specific that I wanted with the asymetric recession. Doc drew one initially but I thought it was too low.

Here's some pics after I plucked the corner to make it sharper.

Still month 4, the last month 4 pics were a little early and these are a couple of days after month 4. With shorter hair.

Plucked corner:

20240309_082943.thumb.jpg.658f947b71321d25f796e2caa4206af5.jpg

General pics:

20240309_083121.thumb.jpg.05d81082c9cd1fbd324dab824643d160.jpg

20240309_083126.thumb.jpg.c0dc66a8b26aecc966f609677e7a068e.jpg

20240309_083123.thumb.jpg.6fee28b15e0bb63a211552076fd88f31.jpg

Edited by hairman4321
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ake said:

It’s coming up nicely. I’ve got one side that is more sharp and one more rounded too. I like the more rounded look and was thinking about plucking the sharper side as well. 

Ah interesting the opposite to me, I like the sharper side. Probably depends on the rest of our faces in terms of what suits more.

How would you pluck the sharper side to make it look more rounded? 

5 hours ago, hairman4321 said:

Ah interesting the opposite to me, I like the sharper side. Probably depends on the rest of our faces in terms of what suits more.

How would you pluck the sharper side to make it look more rounded? 

I don’t think I need to do much maybe 4/5 hairs would the sharpness out. I won’t do it now, maybe around month 10 when most of its grown in 🤞

• Like 2

On 3/11/2024 at 2:02 AM, Cyzkm said:

How long was your wait for larowang? 

i didn't have to wait, he was available when i wanted him. but i booked maybe 4 months ahead of when i was going to be in thailand.

9 hours ago, hairman4321 said:

i didn't have to wait, he was available when i wanted him. but i booked maybe 4 months ahead of when i was going to be in thailand.

Cool. Why did you choose him over surgeons in the U.S., was it based on quality of his work or lower price? 

• Administrators
On 3/7/2024 at 1:57 AM, hairman4321 said:

Honestly, the way you drew it would look worse. Sharp angles in the hairline look fake. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 3/13/2024 at 11:16 AM, Melvin- Admin said:

Honestly, the way you drew it would look worse. Sharp angles in the hairline look fake. 

this post was after i plucked it:

the right side with the rounded corner doesn't match the left side, and the left side IMO looks more natural. i have more sharp features in general. now that i've plucked it i prefer it a lot, it just clicks together more.